**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
That's excellent work my friend! That will be a great setup when done.

I haven't worked on the car in a while now. No updates......

However I just got back from purchasing a Car hauler open trailer for a smoking deal. 16' steel deck, dove tail, 4 wheel electric brakes, Winch "mounted in tool box", tool box for gear and battery, Aluminum wheels, hidden all steel ramps that go into the side of the trailer & not the back. Winch is wired in front with a toggle switch on the face of the tool box & it has a plug in at the back of the trailer for the wired remote, all black for $1300.00 , it even came with the Pink Slip! haaaa was from a buddy of mine that just bought an enclosed.

I was looking around and these trailers sell for an easy $2800.00 equipped like this one.

Smoking deal!
The only draw back to the ramps coming out of the side of the trailer is at the race track/ pits, you will have to pull them out before you pull in or some times there's not enough room between you and the guy next to you.

Very cool.

Trailers are nice to have as long as you can keep tires on them!

Yup.... on the other trailer I just replaced all 4 Tires on it last week and 2 of the Hubs were bad I got one of the hubs and the other is on back order.

The new trailer had 1 bad tire. I am going to get it replaced tomorrow morning in Hemet. The place out there has the one that matches. Also on this one I am going to make a spare tire holder that goes under the trailer and flushes up against the floor with a pin so it swivels down to the ground. I just rewired the front part of the wiring harness tonight. Was too butchered for me and I added a charge wire as well while I was there.

It did not come with a battery so I threw one of my extra Odyssey Deep Cycle's in it. I also bought an electric tongue jack that I will install as soon as it gets here. I hate working when I am going to have fun. I learned that one from being heavily into the Sand Dune scene. Work your *** off all week and then go work your *** off some more to have fun..... That will take the fun out of it quickly. I seen a lot of my friends do it. Fighting their stuff the whole time.

First pic is with Aram's car on it. Others are in my shop. I had to put the bags of stickers to use! Lol , I added the chains to the ramp hold downs..... Nothing gets lost that way.

View attachment 1385732_10200624279550024_1850006690_n.jpg

View attachment IMG_6901.jpg

View attachment IMG_6905.jpg

View attachment IMG_6906.jpg

OCD strike again... :) Funny on the wiring!

The tongue jack isn't that bad...

Looks like a good trailer. :cheers:

OCD strike again... :) Funny on the wiring!

The tongue jack isn't that bad...

Looks like a good trailer. :cheers:

Lol...... Yeah I am just lazy! haaaa

Fray's of wire hanging out of butt splices and 1/4 " of bare wire showing at the entry on each butt splice..... Homie don't play that! You know the deal!

Lol...... Yeah I am just lazy! haaaa

Fray's of wire hanging out of butt splices and 1/4 " of bare wire showing at the entry on each butt splice..... Homie don't play that! You know the deal!

Trailer fires suck and they even worse when they fry your tow vehicle wiring...

I redid portions of mine because it was a rats nest and the lights weren't working properly. I totally understand!

I got the trailer road worthy now. Cut of the swivel jack and in with the 3500lb Electric one.

Still 1 more thing to do to the trailer..... I am going to build a spare tire holder that goes under the trailer and in front of the passenger side front tires that swivels down and out so you can get to it easy when needed but it is OUT of the way.

View attachment IMG_6943.jpg

View attachment IMG_6944.jpg

Took the car out and heard a weird rattle noise but no shake at all...... It was only noticeable at 80+ MPH. Found out I had a Stud come loose and the lug nut was on its way out. I have a habit of checking the torque on all of my wheels about every other time I take it out too.

View attachment IMG_6946.jpg

So............................

I ordered the shocks, springs and thrust washer bearing adjusters that sit between the spanner and the spring this morning........

This week the Scamp goes in for SURGERY. Ladder Bar is on the Menu! I will be taking it all apart during the week and starting to cut it up. My buddy Pete will be here Saturday morning to help set it in the car and make sure it is all squared up.

I got the trailer road worthy now. Cut of the swivel jack and in with the 3500lb Electric one.

Still 1 more thing to do to the trailer..... I am going to build a spare tire holder that goes under the trailer and in front of the passenger side front tires that swivels down and out so you can get to it easy when needed but it is OUT of the way.

View attachment 1714764565

View attachment 1714764566

Took the car out and heard a weird rattle noise but no shake at all...... It was only noticeable at 80+ MPH. Found out I had a Stud come loose and the lug nut was on its way out. I have a habit of checking the torque on all of my wheels about every other time I take it out too.

View attachment 1714764567

So............................

I ordered the shocks, springs and thrust washer bearing adjusters that sit between the spanner and the spring this morning........

This week the Scamp goes in for SURGERY. Ladder Bar is on the Menu! I will be taking it all apart during the week and starting to cut it up. My buddy Pete will be here Saturday morning to help set it in the car and make sure it is all squared up.

this car has morphed from a street cruiser to a full blown pro street brawler. your doin killer work man and this car is on bad ****.

this car has morphed from a street cruiser to a full blown pro street brawler. your doin killer work man and this car is on bad ****.

Thanks for the props!

When it is up in the air I will be replacing the upper control arms, Slotted/Vented Rotors and Wilwood Calipers as well up front. That way I can stay on the pedal and button longer before I have to hit the brakes! Haaaaaaa!! :D

-
Back