**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
I think you boys are going to be surprised by a couple of 904's
Matt and I have talked, my 904 previously held 883hp and was deadly consistent in a tube car. So I think of it like an X Y equation between horsepower and weight

If that makes sense

Driveshaft is here along with the 3 Step.

I took my lunch break and installed the slip yoke….. Damn that was a PITA.

It is ready to go with Spicer Solid U Joints… No JERK Fitting. I put another coat of paint on it and installed a couple Mopar Stickers.

View attachment 1714689935

Are those ujoints 7260s?If they are you are asking for breakage.I would upgrade to 1350s and be done with it. On the 904 trans we have broke 2 input shafts in a 6 month period so I ugraded to the 300m and have had no problems since. When the input breaks in will do damage to the converter so the 250.00 for the inputshaft is cheap insurance.

Hey Louis,your moving right along i see....cool....my slugs a dd right now lol

Are those ujoints 7260s?If they are you are asking for breakage.I would upgrade to 1350s and be done with it. On the 904 trans we have broke 2 input shafts in a 6 month period so I ugraded to the 300m and have had no problems since. When the input breaks in will do damage to the converter so the 250.00 for the inputshaft is cheap insurance.

There are mixed reviews on the 7260's, they are a lot stronger than people think. I have friends that abuse the crap out of them and have not broke one ever with 700-800HP leaving on the brake and NOS.

As you can see I am going Ford 9", At that time YES I will be going with 1350's. I did this on the other 9" I set up for my other car. 35 spline and spool. It was cheaper now for me to run what I have then switching out the pinion & Trans yoke for the 8 3/4 when I am making the switch to the 9".

Where did you get your Input Shaft set up?

I thought your car was a Big Block? You are running a 904?

There are mixed reviews on the 7260's, they are a lot stronger than people think. I have friends that abuse the crap out of them and have not broke one ever with 700-800HP leaving on the brake and NOS.

As you can see I am going Ford 9", At that time YES I will be going with 1350's. I did this on the other 9" I set up for my other car. 35 spline and spool. It was cheaper now for me to run what I have then switching out the pinion & Trans yoke for the 8 3/4 when I am making the switch to the 9".

Where did you get your Input Shaft set up?

I thought your car was a Big Block? You are running a 904?

We run a 410 smallblock(.040 360) and a 904.She makes about 2 to 3 hundred passes a year in her Dart and has been racing since 1989 so it gets abused. We broke a few front 7260 ujoints and it took the sprag out of the trans everytime. I had inland empire build me an aluminum shaft in 1998 with 1350s and thier billet slip yoke and it has been great.

I got my inputshaft from Marv Ripes at A-1 converters.

We run a 410 smallblock(.040 360) and a 904.She makes about 2 to 3 hundred passes a year in her Dart and has been racing since 1989 so it gets abused. We broke a few front 7260 ujoints and it took the sprag out of the trans everytime. I had inland empire build me an aluminum shaft in 1998 with 1350s and thier billet slip yoke and it has been great.

I got my inputshaft from Marv Ripes at A-1 converters.

A1 only wants $250 for an input shaft for the 904?

How long ago was that? And how much power is the shaft rated to?

Thanks

wow, you were able to talk to Joe at Tranzact? Thats a miracle...I tried contacting the guy god knows how many times after ordering my valve body for a span of a few months...left messages, sent emails, all for getting more parts....NOTHING
Sounds like Joe.. use to work with his uncle john and have gone racing with his uncle john and joe's brother mike. have heard bad thinks about him. don't know the guy just what I have heard he may have changed his ways who know??? most people around here (INDY) hear his name a run the other way fast. not being a hater here just what I have heard first hand from his ..family that's all.

Sounds like Joe.. use to work with his uncle john and have gone racing with his uncle john and joe's brother mike. have heard bad thinks about him. don't know the guy just what I have heard he may have changed his ways who know??? most people around here (INDY) hear his name a run the other way fast. not being a hater here just what I have heard first hand from his ..family that's all.

They may not like Joe but the fact is he makes good Valve Bodies! I have not heard anything bad about them at all. I have 2 now and waiting on the 3rd one that should be here on Friday.

A1 only wants $250 for an input shaft for the 904?

How long ago was that? And how much power is the shaft rated to?

Thanks

I'm not sure on the HP ratings but I know 300M is the strongest material used for an input shaft .
Looking back it was Sept 2008 when I bought the input from A-1, man time flys, and the price of parts keeps going up big time.

I'm not sure on the HP ratings but I know 300M is the strongest material used for an input shaft .
Looking back it was Sept 2008 when I bought the input from A-1, man time flys, and the price of parts keeps going up big time.

How fast does your dart run? Ever have a problem breaking or twisting output shafts? I have heard of others breaking the outputs...and those shafts in 300M are around $700!

They may not like Joe but the fact is he makes good Valve Bodies! I have not heard anything bad about them at all. I have 2 now and waiting on the 3rd one that should be here on Friday.

I have read some bad things about his vb's...but more good then anything, and my own has been flawless.

However, most will tell you getting a hold of him is very difficult

How fast does your dart run? Ever have a problem breaking or twisting output shafts? I have heard of others breaking the outputs...and those shafts in 300M are around $700!

My Dart weighs in at 3160 and has ran 10.06 @ 130.4 so that puts it at around 575 to 600 hp area.I have the 2.77 first gear and 1.57 2nd gear in the trans with a brake. I have had no issues with the output shaft as of yet.( hope i did not jinx myself) lol, I just had the trans apart for a freshin up after 5 seasons and besides the clutch plates being worn down to nothing and all the black gone from the kolene steels it looked good.I figure well over 1000 passes on it in that amount of time.

Here is a pic of the broken shaft and the stator tube from the pump. On the end of the stator tube is part of the inside of the converter.

Here is a pic of the broken shaft and the stator tube from the pump. On the end of the stator tube is part of the inside of the converter.

You gotta admit you get a lot of passes out of your parts. Most don't race as much as you do…… Lucky! :-D

Housing was dropped off this morning with my Sandblast buddy. I should have it back later today or tomorrow. The housing tool will be here today per USPS. Fedex says tomorrow for the bar stock. We shall see.

Been lurking in the shadows on this thread for some time now, their is nothing I can say that has not already been said. Truly some awesome work being done here, I like your spring perches they are identical to the ones I used on my Dart, the perches I used also came with bent plates to box the ends on the perches also.

Did some more measuring. I got to put a good size notch in the back brace to clear the shocks. I got a couple ideas on this but haven't made my mind up just yet on which way I am going to do it.

Transbrake is still not here. Called Joe and he said the weather has been -47* with wind chill factor. Boiling glass of water freezes when thrown
in the air before it hits the ground…. Damn! At least he answered his phone after 3 Rings! Lol

I need to start tearing the interior apart for the cage & Seat Belt work that needs to get done.

Under the weather….. Went in the shop yesterday was gunna pull the interior. Looked at what I gotta do……2 minutes later the shop door is shutting and I am walking back to the house. Think I got a case of sickofworkingonthePOS syndrome. I hope it passes quickly. Lol

Starting to feel better. I may go out and mess around in the shop tomorrow.

I had to renew the registration on the Scamp so I got custom plates.

PSTOFF 1 , is what I got. PIST OFF , was already taken. Lol

starting to feel better. I may go out and mess around in the shop tomorrow.

I had to renew the registration on the scamp so i got custom plates.

pstoff 1 , is what i got. pist off , was already taken. Lol
lmao!

-
Back