**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
Finally got the exhaust all mocked up and tacked in the car. I have it in 3 sections that can be taken apart to get it in and out fairly easy.

All I can say is WHAT A ***** this job was! I got a good 12 hours in it easy Damn.......

I have the old Driveshaft in the car that is 4". New one is 3.5" with 1350 U Joints. It is still in the box so I will have a little more room. The 4" does not hit anything even with the shocks off and it WAY out of the droop zone.

I will more than likely start tearing the car apart this weekend so I can get the housing powder coated this week.

Next up is the Upper control arms, Rotors, Calipers and Line lock & brake plumbing and new fuel lines that I have to make up.

View attachment IMG_7075.jpg

View attachment IMG_7076.jpg

View attachment IMG_7077.jpg

View attachment IMG_7078.jpg

View attachment IMG_7079.jpg

View attachment IMG_7080.jpg

View attachment IMG_7081.jpg

View attachment IMG_7082.jpg

View attachment IMG_7074.jpg

Yeah that's pretty tight, i don't think I'll be able to route mine that way lol. Keep up the great work! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Yeah that's pretty tight, i don't think I'll be able to route mine that way lol. Keep up the great work! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hmmm, I was looking at your pics and it looks like you got enough room but pics are deceiving.

Have you had your Trans & drivshaft in the see exactly how much room you have? I know you set your engine lower so maybe that's why? My suspension is not loaded in the pictures. Once it's loaded the rear end will go up at least 1-1.5" and give me some more room. With loading the suspension & the 3.5" driveshaft I should gain another 3/4" of clearance. For sure how it sits on the stands now I could have got a 3.5" exhaust in there.

I have the trans in but no driveshaft yet, i haven't looked at it to hard, my car sits so low i can't get my fat *** under it when it's on the ground lol. I'll have to put it on stands with the suspension loaded and see once i get a driveshaft.

I have the trans in but no driveshaft yet, i haven't looked at it to hard, my car sits so low i can't get my fat *** under it when it's on the ground lol. I'll have to put it on stands with the suspension loaded and see once i get a driveshaft.

I hear you. Your **** will scrape a dead nat off the road! Lol

I got the exhaust hangers on. I used J Hooks. I think it came out pretty clean. I ended up drilling the frame rail and welding in a NUT to accept a bolt to hold up the J Hooks on each side in the rear. The other two are at the connection point above the 3rd member. I drilled and welded in new bolts under the rear seat area to hold those J Hooks in place.

The brake tab for the rear drop line I put on the inside of the frame rail just forward of the Housing. I will cut off all of the stock bracketry.

For some odd reason there was a pretty big dent, probably about the size of a basket ball hitting it in the drivers quarter just in front and above the rear well opening. The body is STRAIGHT so it had to be fixed. I ended up cutting an access hole in the inner fender well and got it back out looking good again like it never happened from the back side!!! That right there took me a couple hours at least. Paintless dent removal at its finest!! haaaa You can see the dent I am talking about in my pictures and video I posted earlier.

This week my goal is to have all the front brakes installed along with the new upper control arms, all brake lines, Adjustable Proportion valve, Fuel lines etc. That is pretty much what is left on the punch list. We will see how it goes.

View attachment IMG_7085.jpg

View attachment IMG_7086.jpg

View attachment IMG_7087.jpg

View attachment IMG_7088.jpg

View attachment IMG_7089 2.jpg

Not much progress. I mounted the NOS Bottle on the left side of the trunk. Drilled 3 bulk heads through the new floor. 1 for Return, 1 for NOS Hose and the other for the Cell Vent.

I am having a hard time making the LOOP for my 10an vent tube. It wants to kink all to crap when using aluminum tubing. I ended up using braided hose on it for now. I might get a 10an to 8an coupler and then use 1/2" 8an instead. I am trying to get out of the trunk area before I move forward and onto the other stuff I need to get done.

New parts are here for the Lateral Locator!

1.25 x .120 wall Tube with 5/8 x 1/2" Chromoly Helms. The ones that come with the kit are not chromoly and they look very week. The bar is only 5/8 " in the kit as well.

I have to make up some new mounts. The other ones in the kit are too small.

Where's the Beef?

View attachment IMG_7092.jpg

Got a couple things done today. Made up the new locator bar. Put a tow hook on the K frame for pulling the car up on the trailer with the winch. Took off the exhaust and welded it all up. That was some serious welding time. 3 Hours on the Mig and I got it all de buggered then painted up.

Next the Ladder bar and housing are coming out to get powder coated.

When those parts are at the Coater. I will be bending the fuel lines, brake lines and painting everything up under the car that is raw metal.

View attachment IMG_7097.jpg

View attachment IMG_7098.jpg

View attachment IMG_7104.jpg

View attachment IMG_7099.jpg

View attachment IMG_7100.jpg

View attachment IMG_7107.jpg

View attachment IMG_7108.jpg

Just re-updated myself on your updates Louis, GEEZUS Dude! Im thinkin some night time nitrous hits will look freakin badass with flames shooting out them tailpipes! We will call him the "Green Dragon"....

I finally had time to take the housing out and strip it down. The Housing is at the Powder Coater along with the Diagonal bar. Both are being done in Satin Black. 3 to 5 working days is what I was told for lead time.

Starting tomorrow I will be starting the patch painting etc under the car, then doing the fuel and brake lines after that & re installing the exhaust so the bottom of the car is all done. At that point I can concentrate on getting the trunk buttoned up.

Put in 4 hours today. Got everything welded off, cut off and ground down under the car. Underneath needs to be caulked, cleaned and painted. Trunk is almost ready for final painting etc. I am hoping to have it all painted, exhaust back in, fuel lines etc by the time the powder coat work is ready for pick up. Getting closer!

View attachment IMG_7115.jpg

View attachment IMG_7121.jpg

View attachment IMG_7116.jpg

View attachment IMG_7117.jpg

View attachment IMG_7118.jpg

View attachment IMG_7120.jpg

-
Back