74 Duster "My Way"

-
I took some photos of my new Valve covers. I picked theese up on a steel at a swap meet. The story behind these are that I bought them as a package deal with a set of PWR roller rockers brand new. Both items were still in the box. I paid $275 for the rockers and Valve covers. I also had a booth with some buddies. While at the booth, a man noticed that I had quite a few Big Block parts for sale and asked I had any roller rockers. I told him I have some but I am not sure if I wanted to sale them. If the price was right, I would probably let them go. He looked them over and then gave me 300 for the rockers. So out of the deal I got my valve covers and 25 dollars not too bad. I was happy.

newcovers.jpg

newcover2.jpg

This weekennd I work bothe days so I will have no time to work on the car, but I have Monday off and I plan to get all my engine bolts clean, get my heads torqued back down and assemble the engine. I hope my gaskets are in by then. I thought they would be here today but they never showed up.

I will have more pics to share soon as I collect parts and accomplish work.

On another topic, Seats. For the front I have bought a pair of 2010 Nitro R/t front seats that are two tone leather. Charcoal black and grey. I plan on supplying electric to the motor and installing them. Any opinions? I think it will add a nice updated look. I plan on builing a custom console to add some more life to the interior.

love the paint, great work !!!! looking forward to the "around thanksgiving" pics of hood, ect... with paint.

Still no Gaskets so I just finished painting some bolts, oil pump, motor mounts, and cleaning the window trim which were painted yellow.

But really would of liked to get the engine back together need to free up some space in the garage.

Just a question ... have you tried using that water pump since it was powder coated? If it's not a rebuildable model (and it looks like yours isn't), the heat from the cure can disintegrate the seals inside and it will leak like a sieve.

Leanna your a joy kill! Unfortunately your also right.

That's why I make the big bucks around here. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope your shop didnt do it :p

Not a chance! I look out for you guys and want to see you finish your cars right without having to go through costly rework.

I hate to bash other shops, but there's certain things that just shouldn't be powder coated no matter how high the lust for money is. Water pumps and leaf springs are prime examples.

looking GREAT MAN makes me so antsy to get my dads 1974 done

Just a question ... have you tried using that water pump since it was powder coated? If it's not a rebuildable model (and it looks like yours isn't), the heat from the cure can disintegrate the seals inside and it will leak like a sieve.

I have not tried it yet. I really hope it still works. Thanks for the info.

Oh boy, I just noticed you got the master cylinder powder coated too!

I really hate to say this, but that "well priced" $150 job for everything may not look so attractive when you're faced with having to replace both the master cylinder and the water pump due to internal seal failures.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you 02sixxer!!!

The mster cylinder is just the metal, everything has been pulled out of the insides.

I hope there is no problems. If so, I will just break down and buy a willwood, I dont know if I can be mad at him, I took him the parts and said do them. He may have not known not to powder coat certian things. He did look at each item and tell me what to remove and what he thought could be powdercoated and couldn't . Man Cuda you sure are the barer of bad news.

Well I finally got some work done today on the engine, I ve been so busy with family stuff I havent been able to work on the engine. I got the heads on rocker assembly back togehter and put on and a few other parts, I will post up pics later, when I have my camera with me.

Sorry sixxer ... as I said before, I'm not trying to bash anybody. I'm just inherently honest and have always "called 'em as I see 'em." I may not always have good news to report, but what I tell you can be banked on.

Look at it this way: I could've let this pass by without a comment, and you'd put your motor back together ... the water pump, the pulleys, the fan, the radiator, shroud, tranny cooler lines, etc., etc., etc. And then have to spend a few hours ripping it all back out of there when that pump started puking antifreeze all over your driveway.

I figure it's better to be the Devil's Advocate and let you know about potential problems in advance instead of finding out about them when you're alongside the road somewhere after the fact. Now you'll have a few gallons of water in the trunk just in case. :-D

I'm not on this board just to take your money and send you back pretty parts. I was just a 'regular' member here for over three years before I hung my shingle and Joey gave me that Vendor icon over there. If there's something I can offer in the way of tech advice or help, I'll do it even though what I have to say may not necessarily be considered "good news."

I hope you understand.

Well I have been thinking of what I wanted to do to add horsepower but still keep the car streetable. I have decided I am going to get a Cetrifugal Supercharger. I think I will start to buy the parts after the new year. I have been looking into Procharger with an intercooler and a Demon 850 Blow Thru carb and carb hat.

But fuel system wise i am stuck between two systems the Aeromotive and Magnafuel. Both are about the same price. The magna fuel has a return that flows to keep the fuel moving and Aeromotive has a electronic controller. Both have boost referenced regulators so they will work well with the supercharger.

17151-for-web.jpg

Aeromotive pump, regulator, and filter
attachment.php

Aeromotive electronic controller

The aeromotive system is good up to 1200 hp and cost about $850-900 shipped

Magnafuel
4811.jpg

Magnafuel pump, regulator, filter, and return

Magnafuel is good upto 2000 horsepower and cost $910 shipped

any thoughts or dealings with these two. Any and all advice is welcomed.

Sorry sixxer ... as I said before, I'm not trying to bash anybody. I'm just inherently honest and have always "called 'em as I see 'em." I may not always have good news to report, but what I tell you can be banked on.

Look at it this way: I could've let this pass by without a comment, and you'd put your motor back together ... the water pump, the pulleys, the fan, the radiator, shroud, tranny cooler lines, etc., etc., etc. And then have to spend a few hours ripping it all back out of there when that pump started puking antifreeze all over your driveway.

I figure it's better to be the Devil's Advocate and let you know about potential problems in advance instead of finding out about them when you're alongside the road somewhere after the fact. Now you'll have a few gallons of water in the trunk just in case. :-D

I'm not on this board just to take your money and send you back pretty parts. I was just a 'regular' member here for over three years before I hung my shingle and Joey gave me that Vendor icon over there. If there's something I can offer in the way of tech advice or help, I'll do it even though what I have to say may not necessarily be considered "good news."

I hope you understand.

I understand, and I like the advice. and you are correct about telling me makes me aware and now I am going to test the parts before full assembly.

I ordered a couple more parts today. I ordered a RCI 15gallon fuel cell with sender and then ordered my fuel pump. I bought a quickstar 300 by magna fuel. I got an outstanding deal on the pump that I couldnt pass up. Originally I had looked at the Prostar 500 rather than the Quickstar 300, but that was because the price difference was very small like 40 bucks. But a FABO member had the 300 for sale for $550 with the connectors, the cheapest I had seen till then was $820 so I had to jump on it. cant wait till I get all my parts, but still have not got my car back from the body shop. Just waiting on a few small things to be done. Also as soon as I get my camera out of the wifes vehicle I will post photos of the engine put back together minus oil pan and carb right now.

rci-2151as_w.jpg

!B2zteHgBWk~$(KGrHqEOKjsEyLopRozzBMj8MykQPw~~_35.JPG

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Still havent got my car back but the tank came in today. Cant wait to start putting it together.

Photos of the Engine being put back together

Engineputbacktogether3.jpg

Engineputbacktogether2.jpg

Engineputbacktogether1.jpg

Can't wait to see this sitting under the hood.

-
Back