74 power wagon dream truck...

-
An impact gun will work. My Milwaukee M18 Fuel cordless impact gun buzzed mine right off.

oh and I just got some “sport” rear bumper brackets for my truck. I had to pay dearly for them, but don’t matter, I finally have a set now. I just gotta buy the bumper at LMC
I got it off with a 1 1/8 socket and pipe wrench.. I'll check out your thread and Lok at your new part...:thumbsup:..

I got it off with a 1 1/8 socket and pipe wrench.. I'll check out your thread and Lok at your new part...:thumbsup:..
I don’t have it posted yet. Let me clean it up blast it and get it rattle canned first. Lol

Still gotta buy the bumper.

Beautiful truck JPar. But I gotta tell ya that is seriously gonna cut into your snow mobile fund!
Snowmobiles are payed for and just require gas and oil... Go kart just needs one more $400 item (data logger)...
It's the Duster that's going to suffer..
Had already started saving for paint for next winter and now that ain't gonna happen...
And thank you for the compliment:thumbsup:..

Found some door's.. one is pretty good with very very light body damage then one is pretty good with very very light body damage but the bottom under the window is rusted out. It seems very fixable though we'll see...
Also have a line on the plastics for the club cab part...
Got the transmission on my workbench and hopefully this weekend I'll have time to get started pulling the engine and getting the front clip off..

Sweet! Nice truck bud. You know thats one of my favorites ever. I wish I could score one that straight and clean.

Nice looking truck! Too bad the Duster has to suffer, but it will always be there to finish later.

Glad you finally found one.
Well I think I double jinxed myself into getting it LOL.. I asked my wife if we could set aside a small budget just in case I found one... So we did...
I told her rest assured now that I have a small budget set aside for one there is absolutely no way... A week later I was skeptical I just didn't make sense LOL I never find something good when I actually have the money to buy it...

Nice looking truck! Too bad the Duster has to suffer, but it will always be there to finish later.
Well that duster suffered with the same paint or no paint since I've owned it. It also suffers with every imaginable gadget you can put in a car... It's really just I feel at this point but if I tore it down for paint I'd also put new door seals and a bunch of the little things in there...

Well I think I double jinxed myself into getting it LOL.. I asked my wife if we could set aside a small budget just in case I found one... So we did...
I told her rest assured now that I have a small budget set aside for one there is absolutely no way... A week later I was skeptical I just didn't make sense LOL I never find something good when I actually have the money to buy it...

Note from the halfafish Dart to the j par Duster..........Don't feel too bad brother, for getting kicked to the curb in favor of a dead truck. It happens more often than you'd think. If you'd like to talk, feel free to reach out anytime for some moral support. :poke:

Keep us posted with pics :)
I'm going to grab those doors after work tomorrow so maybe I can pop a couple pictures of those... it looks like decent weather this weekend and I'm taking it off so hopefully I can have some progress pictures then as well...

Note from the halfafish Dart to the j par Duster..........Don't feel too bad brother, for getting kicked to the curb in favor of a dead truck. It happens more often than you'd think. If you'd like to talk, feel free to reach out anytime for some moral support. :poke:
Without a shop and a lift I'll have a frame off restoration done on this 4x4 likely before you even get that truck running! LOL...:poke:...

I had absolutely no plans for the duster this summer except for to drive it and change the oil LOL.. the only plan was really saving money for the paint job this next winter, but that can go a couple more years..

Oh. And the winner drives the loser to lunch in their prize-winning truck.

Yoiu're on. Loser buys lunch.
He must have an ace up your sleeve?...
So the deal is if you get yours done you drive over here and I'll buy lunch or the other way around... Remember this truck runs perfect it just broke the reverse band in the transmission... If I wanted to he gave me a second transmission I could just grab the reverse band out of it and have it fixed and running within a couple days work....

Hmmm. The goal line appears to be moving. You offered your FRAME OFF RESTORATION would be done before mine is functional.

???

-
Back