9 hours without one!!

-
Keep it up Steve! It's all for the better. Better for you, and better for the Cuda.
I quit three years ago, it was tough at first, but certainly worth the struggle.
Keep being stubborn.

I hear ya with always making sure you had smokes, or it was ok now time for a smoke. All the motivation or reward seemed to be centered in smokes. Hey Memike, are you still allowed to smoke in the bars in the US?? They squashed that up here years ago! Go outside and freeze yer nards off now!!

I knew you had it in ya.Now think with all that money now maybe a new paint job will be your reward.way to go Steve.

Keep it up Steve! You will taste your food more than you do when smokin.. I have quit now for over 10 years! Now it makes me gag to smell it!!

Keep it up Steve! You will taste your food more than you do when smokin.. I have quit now for over 10 years! Now it makes me gag to smell it!!

Hey Craig, if I actually slow my eating down I might be able to taste it. I think i've put 10 frickin pounds on in a week! Im gonna be shaped just like this guy>:munky2:.
Thanks Don, I think she will be a while before the cuda will be getting a paint job. for some reason even tho I stopped the cig's I dont seem to see any more $$ in my pocket. :angry7:

You will have some more $ in your pocket if you give me a whaler deal on that tach!! lol..I want the dam thing but have to sell a couple of parts first..

Great news! Keep it up and you will be the winner on so many levels. It's been 1 year and 8 months for me. Saved a ton of cash and now I can breathe through my nose when I sleep.

I will start chantix on the 25th and Feb 1 is my "quit date". Hope it works. Been smoking for about 52 years.

I will start chantix on the 25th and Feb 1 is my "quit date". Hope it works. Been smoking for about 52 years.

Good luck! Remember it is all a "mindset" it can be done. One thing I keep telling myself is that if I have even just one drag, that I will be back smoking. I dont want the bs that goes with it anymore.
Get some tooth picks and gum to help you out. Good luck, it can be done!

quit when i was younger, took 3 days for the first pangs, 3 weeks for the 2nd pangs, 3 months for the third yearnings,....went thru that 3 times,...definatly worth It,...now I spend my money on tires, gas and beers in the barn....and the food swings are a *****...

just don't get down on yourself if you fall off the wagon or be like well after this pack I will start back to the quitting no restart quiting right away.

Great job keep it up.

No smokes for over 16 hours, and I bet I have drank two pots of coffee and 4 celery stick's filled with peanut butter today, I bet I will have to change my pillow case tonight before I go to sleep :happy10:
Tomorrow here I come :cheers:

PB and celery gonna have to try that! Good job memike, keep yer head wrapped round it and it'll be all good!!

Good luck Steve,your past the hard part.I need to quit again,my last time was 9 mnths without and only took one(stupid me)I will quit again!

3 weeks and counting now!! The $$ I've saved has gone into gum and snacks!! The cuda is feeling a little neglected.....

Being you made it this far you have licked the hard part. It has been 1 year and 7 months for me now. I feel it got alot easier after the 1 year mark up until then I did get a craving at least once a day. People that know me say I do have more of a temper now though.

Good Luck , Its worth it

Im five years off them , and no intention of going back to that Disguisting Habit , Think of the Health Benifits

Thanks, yeah I think about it quite a bit, but the real cravings are only once or twice day. Hey CF, I agree with the temper thing, mine has ramped up a bit too!! Just steer a wide path and we will alll be good!! LOL

Thanks everyone!!

Good morning doug!! F'n snowin up here AGAIN.....Jeez almost makes me wish I didnt sell the sleds. Hey its going great, its over 4 weeks now!! Still have the odd cravings, put on about 10-15 lbs!! Turning into a friggin lard-***! I have had a few left-handed ones, that seems to take the edge off LOL. Thanks for checkin in! Passed the 1 month mark, now onto the 2 month mark!

-
Back