A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
i hope my buddy HemiMark needs my assistance in Plum.....possibly for some help on one of his projects.....

There's a few there. Had to put the brakes on the Big Blue project...... or that one would be apart as well! Got to get back on track with the Hot Rod time and projects.

Skypower.....

I think it was early 1973...when I first saw the "Missile" on the cover of CarCraft...I have 2 copies of that magazine...one is pristine

I know you've seen the paint scheme on the Duster my buddy and I had ...we built it 75 or 76

Don Carlton/the "Missile' will always top my favorite driver/pro stocker list....I hope I did them proud

good job..Donny!.....can you photograph UFO's too?....Bro John wants to know....

There's a few there. Had to put the brakes on the Big Blue project...... or that one would be apart as well! Got to get back on track with the Hot Rod time and projects.

I have been "TD"ed by my buddy Denny and I know my buddy Donny agree's!

good job..Donny!.....can you photograph UFO's too?....Bro John wants to know....

Got some Bigfoot pics around here... It was a bit crowded in the parking lot to get good pics. Nice to meet John, didn't get much time to talk to him or Weeb. Next time for sure. When the Dart is ready, I'll ride out with Mark.

.... sure that Bigfoot wasn't just a Walmart shopper....have you seen some of em'?

hey a68postcar....this is Denny ...and this car is mine.....and I aint changin my name

Change it, we need another Mark in this circle :D

I took some photos that looked great on my camera, but not so great on my PC....

101_0056.jpg

101_0053.jpg

101_0049.jpg

101_0052.jpg

These are just a few. Here is a link to all the Mopar Nats photos I took...
http://s713.photobucket.com/albums/ww132/6Grrrs/Mopar Nats 2011/

Looks like Donny beat me to the puch (and has better pics).

i hope my buddy HemiMark needs my assistance in Plum.....possibly for some help on one of his projects.....

You should drive the Pro C/G out here when you do come out. Maybe make it out to a local cruise around here. I'll even bring my abody I can stick a chrysler pantastar on the lower right front fender to fit in :D

I have been "TD"ed by my buddy Denny and I know my buddy Donny agree's!

:rofl: This is truth, I was there for the "TD"

Tod, those are the best daytime pics I've seen....and Donnie
has the best nightime pics. Thanks!

been tweekin'....brakes were about 50-50...now there 100%....won't even mention what I found

carb linkage was "bind city"...can't believe I actually put it on that way...Weeb took one look at it...hit me in the head...and straightened me out...

also was runnin too high fuel pressure...about 7.5 to 8 ....suppose to be under 6....5.5 optimum for these carbs....so I bought a regulator from Jegs to dial that in...I think the fuel was blowing past the needle and seat....making it even richer

I'll fire it back up tomarrow when I have an x-tra set of eyes/hands to set the idle and check for leaks/ect....should be ready for some cruisin'....maybe a hole shot or two!

also removed the 1/2" stock spacers from the rear of the seat mounts to get a little more tilt.......ghetto style!

Those things can happen when you are rushed.

Hopefully you can now take the time for a full sorting.

Waiting to hear how she runs out.

wasn't sure I was even gonna make it...running that is...2 days before we left I discovered a drip in a cracked tee in a linelock fitting....of course it was almost impossible to get at....up behind the header...at least it wasn't dripping on my fresh paint...but had to be fixed....that only took a whole day...when I had none to spare

there went my tweeking time.....just like on TV builds right?

Bull1tt's pic in post #1245 is the best yet, you can see everything. Denny, great job; what made you think of this. it looks f-in' fantastic.................
also just thought of this, is Don Carlton still alive?? if he is he needs to see this

68GSS440

I hope in some way...Don Carlton does see it and is smiling at this rendition of his famous Pro Stocker....

.....Unfortunately Don Carlton passed July 5, 1977 while testing a Hemi Dodge Colt (I think with a slightly altered wheelbase) at Milan, Mich.Not much is known about the crash other than it was the last pass of the day...apparently at the end of the pass..it sounded like the car shut off...and then started to crash/tumble....Speculation.....Carlton might have passed out/fainted due to heat exhaustion...it was incredibly hot and they had spent the whole day floggin (testing) on the car. Back in 77.....not much was known in the drag racing world about heat exhaustion/dehydration effects on the drivers. It is reported what was left of the car was loaded on a flatbed and buried in a nearby landfill.

That was 34 years ago...I was 22....some things I don't forget

....Rest in Peace, Don Carlton...you are sadly missed

HEMI-ITIS

that UPS truck is/was a promotional vehicle used for their racing (I think NASCAR) sponsorship program

-
Back