A Discussion on Funerals

-
I want to be created and my remains mailed back to Missouri.. Friends might be asked to chip in on the postage! Please send me Fed. X, the USPS will lose me! :thumbsup:
Having worked for the USPS I can tell you this, when remains are shipped, those are given high priority.
Everyone involved seems to go out of their way to hand carry those thru when they come.
When I was a carrier, I would make a beeline to the (usual destination) funeral home or to the family's residence. The mail could wait.
I can't remember a time when a Postmaster didn't actually hand me remains instead of a clerk (that was the norm for all express and registered mail).
I never, nor did I ever see anyone else, toss remains into hampers with the rest of the packages.
Hell, I've even seen other carriers have conversations with remains.
I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but if it did, they will move heaven and earth to find lost cremains.

Last edited:
^^^ Yea, but my car parts parcels get to the new Houston dist. point and sit for 6 weeks!!!!!! :BangHead:
Car parts aren't a person.
I will say this, Houston and Atlanta PDC's are both dumpster fires. At the risk of getting political, you can thank DeJoy for that.

I had thought about making a "No admittance" list for my funeral and have certain people turned away as a last FU... :thumbsup:
I know ppl that have that list. I had to do that duty a couple of times. I actually have a list too but hopefully they die off b4 me. Kim

Last edited:
I go to my friends funerals to comfort their family and to share stories and let them know their family member will truly be missed... its the honorable thing to do.
So this week my wife and I decided to go buy a burial plot in a small local cemetery .

I want to be buried...she wants to be cremated.

If I go first they will bury me and put my wife's remains in the same hole when sho goes.

I'm going to hire a bagpiper to play Amazing Grace and have one of my buddies sing and play a guitar tune during the service ( Surfin' Bird?).

I also suggested hiring a stripper but wife nixed that idea.

Just lost one of my best friends Tommy a couple of months ago so to remember him the family and some friends put some of his ashes in a parachute and took him for one last ride down the 1/4 mile at the finish line the chute was opened and he will always be at the drag strip which he love so much farewell my friend

-
Back