A855 - 5 Speed

-
Speedometer.
Used my original speedometer pinion adapter and gear, ordered new seals from Brewers.
There is a gm, I believe, o-ring seal that fits the pinion adapter perfectly, and it has a metal ring molded in as well as a spring.
I set the stock seal down in the pinion where it sits, and put the other one on top.
Seals better and supports the speedo gear better too.

I got it off ebag, cheapest by far and fastest shipping.

YOU MUST INSTALL THE SPEEDOMETER CABLE BEFORE INSTALLING THE TRANS.

I hope that is clear. I 'messaged' the floor as well as there is literally no space for the cable to even exist there without more space.
The cable has a straight metal section at the base, so it can't immediately make a right turn, Clyde.
In the future, I will be cutting an access panel in the floor.

My speedo cable is for a full size 67 Mopar.
67 is an odd ball year cable, screw on at both ends. I couldn't locate a 67 a-body cable, and the full size is longer, which is needed.

The 5 speed has the speedo on the top right, passenger side. I like it better as it seems it's less likely to leak, but make sure you have the speedo gear you want and new seals before installing.

View attachment 1715385762

View attachment 1715385763

Geezuz, what do you have to go thru to post anything. Total PITA. I wanted to let you know they used to make speedo adapters which would probably fit your situation. Somewhere I have one made out of aluminum and another out of bakelite. They are kind of a z-shape with a threaded female collar on one end and another male threaded end on the other end opposite side. The inside has little interchangeable gears, where you can "tune" the gear reductions to your particular application. I apologize if I'm repeating a previous comment, I didn't want to scroll thru 19pages.

you can get a GPS speedo adapter and forget about adapters for the transmission. I have mine since 3 years and works fine regardless of trnamission, tire size, etc.

The Tremec T56 Magnum swap has been done enough times now -> just forget about ever returning the car to stock (you're not going to anyway), do the ToddRon crossmember and the T56 Magnum, proven stuff, liberty can face plate it, whatever you think you need. It's even the Chevy LS transmission so these will be around forever. Once you get the crossmember in and the floor figured out, the rest is frankly very easy.
I won't be returning to stock, and I would be willing to cut the original 4 speed hump out (and stash it away with everything else original) however I'd have to get rid of the bench seat.
I like my bench seat, it's amazingly comfortable and I like the look, I didn't even know a bench seat was a thing in a 67-69 Barracuda before I saw mine for sale.
I'm a little attached to it, and the 4 speed doesn't bother me on the highway, but a 5 or 6 speed would make it 'complete' in my mind (that and power windows, ha!).

Got the efi, swaybars and junk already, maybe, some day, I'll ditch the bench for some modern seats and a 5+ speed.
Is there a list I need to be on somewhere?

Is there a list I need to be on somewhere?
Other than the year wait for seat covers, just the same list on which you can find the rest of us. That of the psychiatrist, to help us cope with our Mopar obsession.

-
Back