Adjusting camber and caster???

-

funhntt

Reaction score
My sons 73 duster was eating tires up on the out side! Could tell the camber was off by just looking from the front of the car. I adjusted the the upper control arm eccentric bolts by using a plumb bob hanging from the fender. Got the wheels set with the top of the wheel slightly in more than the bottom. My question is, should the eccentric bolts be in some what the same place from one side of the car to the other? Mine are completely different. Also I've read that you should start from zero on these settings but the eccentric bolts can go all the way around 360 degrees. Where is zero? Lobe straight up or down? Dont have a clue!! It would be nice to have some how to manual with pics on this. I'm just using simple tools (shade tree mech) so keep it simple for me.

Thanks for reading: Benson

Attachments

• SANY1697 2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 423
To get the best with what you have you want the rear eccentrics on both sides to be in as far as you can get meaning the lobe out and the bolt head in. And doing the opposite with the front eccentrics also while in the process obtaining the camber setting you want. This gives as much caster available as it can. The sides are gonna vary some which is fine and normal for 30 yr old cars.

dont forget to check your toe also. any change you make effects the toe so check it last. toe will also eat the outsides of the tires.
oh and i like the car, heres mine when i got it and after a few tweaks
IMG_1666.jpg

florida2010095.jpg

Hey thanks to all. I think I got it pretty close. riding good and straight. Just alittle shake it the wheel after 60 mph.

Thanks also for the props on the car. This is my son Dyllon's first car and he is very proud of his mopar ride!! He has plans for upgrades himself. More power and some paint mods are in the works.

-
Back