Advice: What To Do, If Anything.....

-
...and be careful withholding payments to a building contractor.

There are famous cases involving construction or remodeling related liens.

You don't want to wind up in court defending your home versus an outstanding balance of $800.

Insurance company useless as tits on a boarhog. ...and I quote "We don't pursue for quality control issues". He suggested I write the contractor a letter explaining that if they don't fix it right I will report them to the BBB.

I am pretty confident it's fixed, so screw it.
that's a pure surprise. Who's your insurance company?

Insurance company useless as tits on a boarhog. ...and I quote "We don't pursue for quality control issues".

it doesnt work that way
they were contacted to fix a leaking roof
here we are, 3 month, $5600 later and what do you have...still a leaking roof
they, as an insurance company, as YOUR REPRESENTATIVE in this case have not finished their job, plain and simple

i would go higher up the chain

it doesnt work that way
they were contacted to fix a leaking roof
here we are, 3 month, $5600 later and what do you have...still a leaking roof
they, as an insurance company, as YOUR REPRESENTATIVE in this case have not finished their job, plain and simple

i would go higher up the chain

That's easy for you and others to say here, but they are not going to do anything. Another of his quotes was "All roofs leak a little".

See what I'm dealin with now?

That's easy for you and others to say here, but they are not going to do anything. Another of his quotes was "All roofs leak a little".

See what I'm dealin with now?
you need an new agent.... call the corporate line.

always easy to talk when its not your problem, just thinking out loud here

If you need to go after the contractor, get video and pictures of the leak and take them to court...

Write a letter explaining the whole situation to the Georgia Insurance Commissioner. I looked up the link for their office Consumer Services Home Page Tell them you are having trouble with Geico following up on an homeowners insurance claim.

bottom line is if the insurance co. pays a contractor to fix the roof and they DID NOT, then in a few months next big rain, YOU are submitting another and NEW ins. claim right!!!?? that is the reason it is to the ins. co. interest for it to be fixed the first time!! right?? they do not want to pay for the roof twice!!!

This is exactly why most insurance companies don"t get involved with quality issues with you and the contractor. Unless they forced you to use him, it's your problem.
Your house, your contractor, your deal with the financing on the side with him.
You picked him, they paid him..

Kitty said it rained HARD today for about an hour. I looked very closely at the vents. ZERO moisture or even a sign of a leak. I got it fixed.

Call the contractor and tell him you fixed it. Make him aware. His guys dropped the ball with the first repair. I did my own roof 5 years ago. A group of us did 5 roofs that summer. Year of the roof. Not one leak in any roof. Oops, one. The guy that is the most experienced roofer,he has a leak.

Call the contractor and tell him you had to finish fixing it yourself, and that you believe he owes you something. Make sure you tell him you have no intention of defaulting on the $1600 loan, but if he could work something out with you, you'd appreciate it. After all, he and/or his guys dropped the ball and inconvenienced you and your family. Even if he only deletes $200 of your debt, that's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Be nice. You catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar.

this is an interesting story from just a few weeks ago. my wife is a R/E agent, selling rural properties. a sale of 40 ac and very nice home being finalized. this a few weeks after the Houston flood to the South, here we got 20- 30 inches in a week here. the byer and sellers are friends and wife also has known them for many years. the buyer goes ahead and moves in as the seller has moved out and the buyer has sold his old place. now rain... the (metal) roof leaks and much damage to a bedroom ceiling. the buyer had decided against having the home inspected as he and the seller were buds and he "knew" how well kept the home was. ( ha)
here is the interesting part. this home had water damage from leaking roof twice before this and the ins. paid and the owner decided to do the repairs himself. maybe debatable to what extent he tried to fix the leaks?? so after this last rain and claim to ins. co. the adjuster comes out and gives the owner HELL! and rightfully so! this is the third clam for the same problem!!!!! this time, roof gets repaired properly.

Write a letter explaining the whole situation to the Georgia Insurance Commissioner. I looked up the link for their office Consumer Services Home Page Tell them you are having trouble with Geico following up on an homeowners insurance claim.
If urs is like okla., the ins. commish doesn`t have the power to do sh__, or won`t! I THINK ITS A HI PAYING JOB W/ KICK BACKS FROM THE INS. COMPANIES HERE. I had a p/u stolen way back, and he couldn`t, or wouldn`t, help when state f--k ,er, state farm tried to screw me over , after having them for 15 yrs. and never using them.

-
Back