Am I the only one with a lowered dart?

-

greengodart70

Reaction score
Just wondering cause I havent been able to find any others on the wonderful world or interwebs... so how bout it guys?

Attachments

• IMG_0998.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 296
Allot Mopar enthusiasts are purists. Also people will 'click' or hang together with other like minded individuals. The people here on FABO are open to all outakes of the hobby, but might not share your tastes. I like a lowered front end stance myself, but I drive over six speed bumps, some train tracks, & around three security slalom barriers on my way to work and back home so a REAL lowered car just could not work for me. I think many of the people here drive their Darts, Valiants, Barricudas, & Dusters all over to cruises/tracks/daily so they would be very concerned about scraping. I suppose an airbag suspension would cure any problems-how do you drive around with your car lowered? Any problems?

nah i dont really have many problems other than getting out of my driveway, but there again ive driven many lowered vehicles and i know the streets in my town so i avoid the rough ones, but also i dont drive my dart very often seeing its still a "project" and still has little kinks and bugs that make it unreliable.

Not as low as yours no .. But i like my stuff lower then most . Yours looks good . I did have one as low as yours but it was not a dart . it was my old dakota .

Heres a pic or 2 lol

Attachments

• 27631570156_large.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 27631570337_large.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 228
Not as low as yours no .. But i like my stuff lower then most . Yours looks good . I did have one as low as yours but it was not a dart . it was my old dakota .

That was not lowered, that was spring sag in your Dakota's springs from dragging your big @ss around....

Those springs were just plumb worn out and tired.... LOL! :D

well you car is about where i want mine to be! lol

Attachments

• 100_5861.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 244
That was not lowered, that was spring sag in your Dakota's springs from dragging your big @ss around....

Those springs were just plumb worn out and tired.... LOL! :D
Damn what did i do to you ! . That was just messed up lmao . Really tho We cut one coil in the front one . and 3 inch blocks in the back .

Damn what did i do to you ! . That was just messed up lmao . Really tho We cut one coil in the front one . and 3 inch blocks in the back .

You didn't do anything, but leave the door open for that one. Just kidding... :coffee:

I have a lowered Valiant, your Dart looks like a great project!

LSvwZ4K.jpg

rYRUI5R.jpg

IMO, there's a difference between simply dumping your car on it's LCA bumpstops and axle snubber, or lower it properly for improved handling and looks.

Just wondering cause I havent been able to find any others on the wonderful world or interwebs... so how bout it guys?

You didn't look hard enough.... There's an entire thread deticated to lowered a bodies. Wicked looking car though! I love it

They look doofy lowered. If your doing it for handling that's about the best reason.

This 72 I'm building is pretty low suspension wise. I'm thinking about 2" drop spindles to get the front down a bit more and a narrower wheel up front as well. I like a certain stance and I'm not quite feeling good about it yet.

Attachments

• collge 10.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 159
  • college 7.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 146
This 72 I'm building is pretty low suspension wise. I'm thinking about 2" drop spindles to get the front down a bit more and a narrower wheel up front as well. I like a certain stance and I'm not quite feeling good about it yet.

I like it.

Do you have headers on it. Can you really go lower without the exhaust scraping doing regular driving?

Why a narrower rim? Looks very mean and purposeful.

I have two things that are bugging me about the stance. The front tire track width looks so wide compared to the back. Then I would like the front about an inch lower.

I'm running the 18X9" fronts with 6.3"B.S. it also has a deep dish look with a lot of lip. I'm thinking a stock 17"X8" wheel with less outer lip might look better on the front even though the track width will probably be about the same if a spacer is needed to clear the tie rod.

I'm down pretty much on the bump stops that I shaved 1/2" off of and I still think it would look better about an inch lower.

No headers so no ground clearance issues. I also run pretty tall tires so the car doesn't really look as low as it is.

I have two things that are bugging me about the stance. The front tire track width looks so wide compared to the back. Then I would like the front about an inch lower.

I'm running the 18X9" fronts with 6.3"B.S. it also has a deep dish look with a lot of lip. I'm thinking a stock 17"X8" wheel with less outer lip might look better on the front even though the track width will probably be about the same if a spacer is needed to clear the tie rod.

I'm down pretty much on the bump stops that I shaved 1/2" off of and I still think it would look better about an inch lower.

No headers so no ground clearance issues. I also run pretty tall tires so the car doesn't really look as low as it is.

I can see your point that with less dish the rim will trick you into thinking the tires are more inward than they really are. I didn't notice the front rims being out more untill you mentioned it.

I like the deep dish look. Looks racy that way to me.

Have you considered the Energy Suspension thin bump stops?: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-9-9132g/overview/

or http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-9-9102g/overview/

Think you can tell in my little pic up there I have not lifted mine any and did a little to lower a bit. I like the 70's with no lift at all myself or little lowered.

-
Back