Ammo where you are???

-

swifter

Reaction score
We can everything under the sun now here in Wis. BUT no .22 ammo anywhere what about by you???????? Steve

.22 ammo is very limited in Wyoming too. The other calibers have loosened up a bit but .22 seems difficult, and expensive.

Ammo is hard to find in Florida too. I have read that a lot of different government agencies have bought up the ammo. Why do they need to do that and why don't the factories just ramp up production? Why are they trying to keep it from us?

Same here in Mississippi I think some of the gun shop owners thought they could make it scarce because they have it but 50.00 for a 15.00 brick is crazy.

the reality is people are still hoarding 22 LR . The factories are ramped up. when 22 LR hits the shelfs its gone within the hour. hang in there , it has to come around eventually.

Gubmint knows any kinda .22 round is a we the people round. Forget bein able to get it like you used to.

went into bass pro shop last week end and found .22lr ,limited to 3 boxes of 50. for only 2.75 a box and plenty of other ammo . first time in md. for 3 years! (federal thunder) 1225fps. got home then read a review that said dont use in smith & Wesson mp15-22 jams up . guess what kind of gun I have? the last brick I got off the internet was $110 I was told buy a le that the gov ordered 100,000 mp type rifles for training only and they use .22lr ammo because it is cheaper and better for training.

LOL Bill that would wake someone up !!!!!!! Double charges in a .22-Can't believe it can even fit???? think it would dump all over the floor when it was going down the line--Thanks For your post !!!!! could save someone a finger or a face--Steve

I work part time at the gunbar for Academy Sporting Goods. We get it all the time, but it goes just as fast. We got 20 cases of 1000 round boxes the other day, 2 boxes per case. It was limited to 1 box per customer and it was all gone in 8 minutes! 40,000 rounds! It was $49.99 a box. We got in 4 cases of 22 Mag and it was gone in 5 min, but it is not limited, so 2 guys bought a case each. These were 50 round boxes@ $14.99 each.

Double charges in a .22-

In the fall of 67 / spring of 68, before I went into the Navy, my job was "dispatcher" of our small town PD graveyard. But I worked day shift on Sunday

The "boys" were reloading ammo, 38 special, in the back room and wanted the dispatchers to help. There wasn't much going on Sunday, of course.

So you had a LOT of hands "in the pot." Back then I didn't know a damn thing about reloading.

They were using "Bullseye" which only used a few grains in 38. Hell you can put about a 10X overcharge in a 38 without filling up the case.

So a FEW got 2X charges from "one of us" and a few got NO powder.

"Wilcox" Class one mod one A.1 A-hole, was out where he did not belong, on graveyard, shooting in the gravel pit AT NIGHT and OUT OF the city limits. He came busting back into the the office all PEEE OOOO'ed and he JUST KNEW the I, me, was THE one responsible.

..............For causing the wadcutter he was firing to get stuck between the barrel and the cylinder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because there was no powder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"What would have happened if I'd needed my gun in an 'MERGENCY??"

"............uh.............whut were ya doin out of the city ..........shooting......anyway....?"

"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHUTUP!!!!!!!!!!!"

Why are people hoarding ammo anyway?? Are people stocking up a zombie apocalypse or something?

I tried to buy some .22 LR last week to go shooting and it was a pain in the butt to find.

Why are people hoarding ammo anyway?? Are people stocking up a zombie apocalypse or something?

I tried to buy some .22 LR last week to go shooting and it was a pain in the butt to find.

You haven't been paying attention?

O' bomb 'ba domb ba?

Eric Holder?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXwo9lARAgg"]Eric Holder - We Must "Brainwash" People Against Guns! - (1995) - YouTube[/ame]

The former mayor of Newu Yowak?

The NEW mayor of Neeeeuuuu Yowak?

Or our vice president?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHZ7zXLvOkY"]Biden: "Buy A Shotgun, Buy A Shotgun" - YouTube[/ame]

Ok Men let's not go there in this thread -LOL-Just looking to see if it's the same across these United states--Steve

Same here in Nor Cal and So. Oregon. People line up at Wal Mart every time they get a shipment. Last year I stopped in at Sportsman's Den in Medford they had a waiting list 30 pages long for 22 ammo.

Around here 22 was kinda hard to find, but it was nothing compared to trying to find large caliber stuff.

For about 8 months, I couldn't find so much as one small box of .45LC in any of the stores, and I noticed that .357, .44 and .454 were just as impossible to find.

Then a new sporting goods store opened up in town (not that there weren't already a few in town already), and wham, they've got the hard to find calibers in stock all the time.

There is a gun show in Las Vegas this weekend,, Free box of 22 shells to the first 200 people thru the doors! Advertised on TV no less !

-
Back