Another Mopar Off My Bucket List - Barracuda Fastback

-
I put the bumper back on the front of the Dodge and prepared for a long hot day working in the sun. I did manage to borrow a manlift that we towed behind the Ford. The first thing on my agenda was to cut branches away from the second story of our house in Rising City. Although the Dodge isn't licensed I threw caution to the wind and towed the car trailer with riding mower on it. I needed to mow and was also going to need the trailer for hauling the cut branches.
IMG_7057.JPG
IMG_7058.JPG
IMG_7059.JPG
IMG_7060.JPG

- Notice those bee-A-utiful wheels on the dually! HA!

We didn't get out of town until about 11a.m. According to the temperature on the local bank it was already 100'. I guess that's the good news because it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow.:eek:

That's a fine looking truck, John. What year is it? Does the hood say 400 Magnum?

I wonder what a truck like that would be worth here in Sweden ... :rolleyes:

That's a fine looking truck, John. What year is it? Does the hood say 400 Magnum?

I wonder what a truck like that would be worth here in Sweden ... :rolleyes:

Thanks Anders. It's a 1977 with a 400, 4-speed. I imagine that if I was buying this truck in Sweden it'd cost me a fortune. - But of course if I was selling it there it wouldn't be worth diddly. :BangHead:

Last edited:
I thought you ARE selling it?

Sadly, yes. It sat undriven for a long time and I just brought it back home and gave it a bath. Yesterday I needed a second truck so I decided to use it. If it doesn't sell I may just hold onto it and use it to haul the funnycar some day. It'd be kind of cool to haul a vintage funny with a vintage truck. With the city council on my back about having vehicles in town I thought I'd put it up for grabs.

Last edited:
I guess SNKEBIT survived the weekend of racing unscathed at Hastings. The temperature stayed hot so it had to be blistering inside his Viper on the road course. I would have liked to have had him unload the Viper when he stopped by to chat but figured the neighbors wouldn't have been as thrilled as me.
IMG_7061.JPG

It was great to shoot the breeze with a fellow FABO member. After awhile he had to head back to Wisconsin and I had to head back to working with that lift I'd borrowed.

I can't say that I keep EVERYTHING. But I usually find a need for everything I ever get rid of shortly after it's gone. If I got a vasectomy Jessica Alba would likely call me up and ask to have my love child. :BangHead:

Don't tell her, just keep trying...

I've been busy today but not on our own stuff. My buddy that's restoring the old Dodge sedan brought over some more trim to be polished. Most of the pieces really should be re-plated but he's trying to keep costs down. I told him I could 'improve' them but I can't work miracles with the buffer.
IMG_7068.JPG

It's mainly door & window handles with their escutcheons. He also brought hubcaps and the cowl trim.
IMG_7065.JPG

IMG_7067.JPG

IMG_7063.JPG

IMG_7062.JPG

Shortly after I got the trim parts another guy stopped over asking for help on his '65 Chevelle. He had some problems with his battery cables. The starter cable had melted against the exhaust manifold and the ground cable was pretty funky too. I would have put him off but he'd been bugging me for awhile for a hand with all sorts of other issues and always caught me when I was in the middle of other stuff. I think he's gotten to the age where he can't crawl under the car anymore.

I think he's gotten to the age where he can't crawl under the car anymore.

I refuse to crawl under anymore..................:mad:

I refuse to crawl under anymore..................:mad:

I'm still dreaming of the day I finally get a lift. I've been tempted to buy a portable even though I'd want better. - Of course if I do get a decent lift I'd need a decent shop to go with it.

Last edited:
Absolutely love the Dodge Brothers hub cap.

I think anything with the old Dodge Brothers emblems on it is cool but did you notice how ornate those door handles were? Pretty dang stylish for a lowly Dodge. The guy's also got an old Nash but the handles on it are pretty hum-drum in comparison.

Last edited:
"Lowly Dodge"? Back in the '30s Dodge was the 4th-5th best selling make in the U.S.! Plus, while "Chrysler" sold Plymouths, Desotos, Dodges, and Chryslers, Dodge was usually considered the 2nd most "prestigious" make in the lineup.

"Lowly Dodge"? Back in the '30s Dodge was the 4th-5th best selling make in the U.S.! Plus, while "Chrysler" sold Plymouths, Desotos, Dodges, and Chryslers, Dodge was usually considered the 2nd most "prestigious" make in the lineup.
Which was #1?

/European know-nothing

-
Back