Anyone know any good wrecking yards in southern Ontario??

-
dan201, i know i'm looking to pull a set of disc brakes off of any 73-76 a-body, know of any cars sitting around with them on it?? As close as possible if you know of any. thanks

Nigel is a great guy. I knew him when he started the Mopar Muscle club back in the 80s and was selling parts out of his parents basement. He is working on a 500cu 67 Polara wagon right now. He just sold a beautiful 68? Notch back Cuda. He has a perfect 70 Dart roller (from California) for sale up there now. Better then brand new.

If anyone hasn't been up there, Its a piece of heaven.
A good Buddie of mine bought the 70 Swinger,it's coming together nice! Craig.

There is a guy just wet of Chatham that has/had a great collection of old rigs. He is south of the 401. Hard place to find but might be worth while. I am ALSO looking for a set of headlight buckets fenders not needed. If the buckets are good and the fenders are junk I can.....dissect them.

Do those folks in LaSalle still have their Mopar Museum ,They used to have some cool but rusty stuff along the side of their building. Sorry I wish I could remember their names but I am old and senile,The wife did all her own resto work , pretty good at it too.

This place is a huge rip off. They want stupid prices on alot of there cars. When I started looking about 5 years ago, a friend suggested I see these guys. I went there and found a rolling charger. Guy told me it wouldn't leave his lot for less than 10k. I'm so glad I didn't pony up for that car. I know the guy that gave them 4k for the car and he's had nothing but replacement panels for it.

Riddler

I'll have to take a look at Roblims Motors, never heard of them and I am only about 2 hours away. Might be worth while!
Nigels looks like a wrecking yard, but I dont think you can go there and pull your own stuff off. Yeah he is pricy, but thats what his business is. I have had good dealings with Nigel. good luck!

DAN201 i'm looking mostly for brake parts to convert my scamp to front discbrakes. Other then that a 22" rad. and some other misc. parts thatks for the scoops guys i know sometimes people don't wanna share their "secrets". This is highly appretiated.

If you are looking for a 22" rad, I have one that has been record.
I se your from Alora, I have place on the lake not far from you.

Kenny

Nigels looks like a wrecking yard, but I dont think you can go there and pull your own stuff off. Yeah he is pricy, but thats what his business is. I have had good dealings with Nigel. good luck![/QUOTE]

I have pulled many parts from Nigels yard, maybe if he knows ya it is not a problem. I have found Nigel to be very good with his prices, but Nigel is the ONLY guy I will talk to there about prices, I find his guys inflate them a bit more LOL
AL

Is Nigel the guy down here in Windsor/Lasalle?

What are the yards down this way that have parts.

Riddler

I have travelled several times from Sudbury Ont. to Alberta ( by vehicle) in the last couple of years and have either stopped or called every wrecking yard that I've seen.
"A" boby cars are very hard to find or have been picked through or sad to say crushed for recycling.
ALL THE BEST OF LUCK !!!!
E-Bay or restoration businesses seem the only source.

I'll have to take a look at Roblims Motors, never heard of them and I am only about 2 hours away. Might be worth while!
Nigels looks like a wrecking yard, but I dont think you can go there and pull your own stuff off. Yeah he is pricy, but thats what his business is. I have had good dealings with Nigel. good luck!

unless I'm wrong, didn't roblins retire? pass away? and they crushed the cars? Google earth the site and its empty, but you can see the yard layout.

unless I'm wrong, didn't roblins retire? pass away? and they crushed the cars? Google earth the site and its empty, but you can see the yard layout.

They're still there, I called two weeks ago, looking for parts for my '38.
You all hurry up, I don't know what all is left there, but he's crushing big time.

Both days I called he was out in the yard, busy crushing, I had to call him after diner at 7pm to get to talk to him.

Hey Giles, did he have anything for your '38?? If so lemme know if you are going, I am north of there, maybe we could pay a visit, havent had a good wreckin yard walk for a while.

Hey Giles, did he have anything for your '38?? If so lemme know if you are going, I am north of there, maybe we could pay a visit, havent had a good wreckin yard walk for a while.

He had some stuff but not what I was looking for, window regulators for a '38 pickup. I still would like to stop in there on my way to Kingston some time soon, just to see what all he may have left.

I'll give you a call when I have a definite plan.

Giles

He had some stuff but not what I was looking for, window regulators for a '38 pickup. I still would like to stop in there on my way to Kingston some time soon, just to see what all he may have left.

Giles

Sound good!

Giles

glad to hear they are still around. I wonder who's view I had up on google earth that sure looked like an empty yard? I will find it and post the link at some point.

glad to hear they are still around. I wonder who's view I had up on google earth that sure looked like an empty yard? I will find it and post the link at some point.

There used to be one, in Newtonville, about an west of Robblins. I'm actually looking for the name of that place, more so the owners name. That one has been closed for years, but there are still parts there and the family, son and daughter have some sort of automotive museum in the basement of there houses.
Heard a story a couple years ago, Jay Leno flew in by helicopter and landed on the property, he was wanting to buy one of the super rare cars that they have....

I have a different satellite view, it's right next to the lake, the address is 1840 Fish Lake road, Demorestville, Ont. Google map the address also. I can't zoom in close enough to tell what's in the yard, and I couldn't post the map either for some reason.

Looks like you're in the general area.

nothing wrong with Nigel's at all. Nigel's is like a little piece of heaven, but it's nice to know where the yards are just in case your out for a drive etc. I was in PEC a couple of times this past school year (daughter at queens) and I thought Roblins was gone. If i had know I would have got the exact location and stopped in.

:cheers:

-
Back