before the axle turn downs

-
When I converted my 67 Super Gas Barracuda over to a Ron’s flying toilet and alcohol, the fumes in the car were unbearable. To fix it I added 3 1/2” turn downs and angled then out ever so slightly. Man what a difference. I could actually drive the car.

I REALLY liked my old RR pipes which I don't have a photo of. I realize it's a larger platform, more room. IT came off the collectors, balance pipe, to the muffleres, then bent out with NICE under-the-rocker and out "baloney sliced" in front of the tires. Looked and sounded great

A bonus is, with the balance pipe near front and a cross brace across towards the rear, this formed a complete, one piece "H" pattern assembly you just unhook the to rear hangers under the rear pipes near the spring anchors, and pull the bolts out of the collectors, drop the whole thing down and pull it out.

"Someday" I hope to do the same with the dart with a "trans am like" system

What I think we really need is large dia oval pipe for ground clearance under the pan

IMO
what we really need is some fast acting
instant-open/instant-closed, well-sealing, cut-outs, synchronized to the secondary opening or gas-pedal. I would totally buy such a cut-out. And then I could run a small-diameter single exhaust off the side, out to wherever. Cuz I mean really, my blasts are never more than 3 to 4ish seconds on account of I'll be speeding for sure by 5 to 6 seconds; It would be all over by the time electric cutouts could open, and then I'd have to wait for them to close, during which time I'd be a sitting duck to any cop within earshot.

My 3" TTI system weighs 72 pounds, and I gotta drag that brute system around everywhere I go. I would love to quarter that.

Anybody remember the Accell Priority valve? OK, nope, that's not it. I forget what it was called.

Last edited:
was that the valve on their turbocharger?
No I think it was a cold-side device that allowed the carb to feed directly to the intake before boost came up and shut it off, forcing the carb to be pressurized. Not sure. That memory is from the 70s so it might not be accurate. I remember almost exactly what it looked like but a google search yielded nada.
It was a spring loaded football-shaped slug, set into a tube, that boost pressure would blow off the seat and then flow around , on it's way to the engine. I think it was on a blow-thru, but not sure.

-
Back