Being a Moderator.....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe more mods are needed? Seems to be alot of activity for the few mods we have. And really I only see about 4-5 active mods on.

My feeling is that the moderator are like refs or umpires in sports. There are some people who just don't like what they have to say.
I was at a hockey game a week ago. There was this joker sitting up behind us complaining about the calls on the ice. The thing was his team was winning by a big lead.

Guys keep up the good work and your entitled to your opinions like everyone else.

I agree the cussing should be toned down a bit especially the f bomb. After all it's not an adults only site now is it!

Who was it that said " You can please some of the people some of the time , All of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time". You have your opinion and should be able to express them as long as you don't take sides ( publicly anyway. )
Your doing a good job , for someone who lives amongest the rocks.

our-mods-good-work-guys-keep-up-the-good-work-demotivational-posters-1303377019.jpg

Maybe giving more than a slap on the wrist? I was in a boat forum; twice, 1 week. Again, 1 month, etc. And lifetime bans. azzhats would try to sneak back in, under a diff name, like the mods couldn't see there IP. lol.

first of all this is sounding a bit like a Im taking my ball and going home boo hoo thread , I see no reason for Ink , Rumble or any of the other mods to change their ways now , if we didn`t want /need opinionated self indulgent sobs to watch over us Joey would never have elevated them to the positions they now hold(just kidding eh ). keep up the good work guys ,the f bombing has been over the top lately and tho I try not to use it I probably inspire others to do so and should ease up a little myself

PS Demon could you slow down on the thread locking till I can have a turn at hacking on ,Peeing and moaning at the OP please .
Again, it is far from the I am taking my ball and gong home boo hoo. I am just trying to understand the your a Moderator & should keep your comments to yourself mentality.....and I have seen a comment something to the effect that Moderators should set some sort of example to follow. That is sort of news to me.......

Some of them are invisible, really, do do do do do do do do [-X

Ive been on this forum for a few years. I do see the mods and talk with a few of them regular as friends. I know exactly what yall do and yall do a great job at it. Just mentioning that the site has grown a alot perhaps a few more mods would be a good thing.

Your doing a good job , for someone who lives amongest the rocks.
The damn rocks would not be so bad if someone would have shown up and helped do some farming............oh wait, I forgot your *** died at the end of your property.....

In response to the latest trend of placing unnecessary burdens on our moderators and threads turning to hurt feelings we felt it necessary to add a new moderator and establish a new forum. Our newest moderator, Ms. Helen Waite has been placed in charge of the new forum, “The Whinery”. Any members merely requiring a tissue, pacifier or manginal sand removal should just go to Helen Waite.

:crybaby:

Members with legitimate matters may continue to contact any of our other fine Moderators for assistance, which they will gladly provide as always.

I havent been here long but from all that i have seen here..Ink...Your doing a great job as well as all of the Mods. Its thankless and ungratefull positions you all have but this place wouldnt be here/nor as good if it wasnt for you all. I belong to another forum and honestly..i never see any of the crap,remarks and comments to a member, I have recieved some and yes...its upsetting.Oh well move on.........You do the same.The way i see it ,you have been helpfull to me and yes i have screwed up a few times but at no time have i got anything but help and guidence from you and the others...So THANKS and keep up the good work:cheers:

opinions are like A$$holes, Every one has one, but some just plain stink. Tell the Whine Babies to dry their eyes, change their tampon, and move along. Oh, and Have A Nice Day!!!

Thunder:coffee2:

Well.....here's how I see it. Bein part of the guilty party involved in the F bomb droppin, here is what I say. All of us, me included just need to act more like adults. I will start doin better. If we all do that, there will be less for mods to worry about. We are all friends here, mods and members alike. So we need to act like it. I will do my part.

If we all had the same opinions all but one of us would be extra, so keep expressing yours. A few things I think we all should remember. A little respect for others goes a long way. A persons opinion is not who they are. (someone can be mistaken without being a mistake) It is possible to disagree and still respect another person. ( there are a number of people here who I disagree with, some on personal issues-some automotive, but I respect them and there right to believe something different than me. all I ask of them is the same respect.) I think the mods here do a pretty good job of respecting others opinions/values. Keep up the good work!!!!!

I have never said any mod should keep their comments to their self ,I believe your opinions are just as valid now you are a mod as they were before , As for setting an example well the guy's driving the bus should probably be the ones steering it . I have never noticed a lot of swearing from the mods so I really don't see it as an issue but it would seem that PMs could be used if your going to get colourful or derogatory towards the general membership -hey lets face it it's a thankless unpaid position you have accepted .

Well.....here's how I see it. Bein part of the guilty party involved in the F bomb droppin, here is what I say. All of us, me included just need to act more like adults. I will start doin better. If we all do that, there will be less for mods to worry about. We are all friends here, mods and members alike. So we need to act like it. I will do my part.

I like that . Way to Man up.

The damn rocks would not be so bad if someone would have shown up and helped do some farming............oh wait, I forgot your *** died at the end of your property.....

:director: MY *** HAS BEEN DEAD FOR ALONG TIME ! Just ask my wife.
As far as your rocks , say no more about it. [-X
Maybe you should call Willie Nelson and get some farm aid.:rock:

The mods need their own opinions; all of us do. Their job is to try to get the out-of-control people under control, before a thread becomes a flaming match, from some no nothing shoothead starts flaming, just because he is proven wrong.

I disagree with some opinions in here, but I don't flame back, unless you insulted me. And I try to be adult, and not answer. A couple, I had to go back after that insult.

Friendly insults are fine. You want to flame? Take it pm, that can be blocked.It seems lately that people are joining, that have read a little about the current discussion, but think they know more about it than people that do it for a living, or have been hobbying it for 40 years.

Ink, keep doing what you do. Slap the flamers out.

Quote!!! new forum, “The Whinery”. Any members merely requiring a tissue, pacifier or manginal sand removal should just go to Helen Waite.

You know Jay you maybe on to something there, Ink's wall of shame and Helen's Whinery. I like it, it'd be a great place to fire those whiney "girly man" posts we see.:glasses7:

Mods are allowed to have opinions too. Once winter is over the job will be easier LOL. Drop me a line if you need anything.

Mods are allowed to have opinions too. Once winter is over the job will be easier LOL. Drop me a line if you need anything.

Oh Thanks Adam, show up offering help after all the shootings over. Crap I guess I'll go to my corner now.[-X[-X

Dang, everything has been worked out so I guess this is useless now.
IBTL-Shining.jpg

Anywhoo MOPARS RULE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back