Best Way to reach 500 hp ,, Cheap !

-
Sorry I Forgot To Say . That If You Bring Her Up To 500 Hp You Won't Be Driving It On The Street, It Will BE Very Costly. My Drag Car Is About 470 And There Is No Way I Could Drive It Anywere On Street. There Is No Way I Would Piss All That Away For A Momet Of Glory On The Street. On Single Carb Without Turbo/ Supercharger/ Or Nitrus Forget It. Sorry But Good Luck! Gary. AND IF FOR SOME REASON YOU GET TO THAT AMOUNT OF HP, AND YOU WANT TO RACE 1/8 MI ONLY, BRING $ AND I'LL RACE YOU 2 OUT OF THREE . AND ALL YOU DIE HARDS, HEADS UP. BUT HERE IS THE PUNCH! I'VE GOT A 200 SHOT ON CAR THAT MEANS 6.20 IN 1/8 OR FASTER. I LOVE TO RACE! PUT YOUR CHEECKS IN THE SEAT. AND RACE!GARY

thx a lot guys @ and Flboatman .. thx its good advices .. but still , ill see want i wanna do with the car .. my next thing that i will buy will buy my aluminium heads cause , i will sell my magnum heads to my girlfriend for her 74 -360 cuda , and btw your car s time if they are real , its really impressive ! but still theres always faster than us .. dont forget that .. maybe one day its gonna be you who will see the back ligths of another mopar and loose your $$$ !! have a good one !

Joe

thx a lot guys @ and Flboatman .. thx its good advices .. but still , ill see want i wanna do with the car .. my next thing that i will buy will buy my aluminium heads cause , i will sell my magnum heads to my girlfriend for her 74 -360 cuda , and btw your car s time if they are real , its really impressive ! but still theres always faster than us .. dont forget that .. maybe one day its gonna be you who will see the back ligths of another mopar and loose your $$$ !! have a good one !

Joe

if your girlfriend knows what she has........LOL

you will putting those heads on for free....

Sorry I Forgot To Say . That If You Bring Her Up To 500 Hp You Won't Be Driving It On The Street, It Will BE Very Costly. My Drag Car Is About 470 And There Is No Way I Could Drive It Anywere On Street. There Is No Way I Would Piss All That Away For A Momet Of Glory On The Street. On Single Carb Without Turbo/ Supercharger/ Or Nitrus Forget It. Sorry But Good Luck! Gary. AND IF FOR SOME REASON YOU GET TO THAT AMOUNT OF HP, AND YOU WANT TO RACE 1/8 MI ONLY, BRING $ AND I'LL RACE YOU 2 OUT OF THREE . AND ALL YOU DIE HARDS, HEADS UP. BUT HERE IS THE PUNCH! I'VE GOT A 200 SHOT ON CAR THAT MEANS 6.20 IN 1/8 OR FASTER. I LOVE TO RACE! PUT YOUR CHEECKS IN THE SEAT. AND RACE!GARY

Can't drive over 500hp on the street? LOL.... how about 3500 miles in a Rally race? Not to mention the countless car shows and road trips.... only had to adjust the valves every so often.... oh yea, 580hp, and 600lbs of torque.... Could of been quicker as a dedicated Drag car.... but we like to cruise as well. 7.1 in the 1/8th, and 10.9 in the 1/4.... dead nuts reliable.

Dual plane intake, gets 12mpg, nothing really too fancy, and idles at 800rpm.
3dart_2650x1600.jpg

DSC_014610-0.jpg

He said CHEAP!!!

N2O

You won't get more HP for less $.

He said CHEAP!!!

N2O

You won't get more HP for less $.

Nope, you sure won't. But after enough bottle refills, and you tally up the cost, you'll be surprised how much of the laughing gas you use up :-D

Nope, you sure won't. But after enough bottle refills, and you tally up the cost, you'll be surprised how much of the laughing gas you use up :-D

ah so it is the car i thought so i have just never saw any of your posts on here

teamdart can i ask what the specs on your engine is? thanks

I second a request!

Would love to know what it mph you got on the quarter mile too.

Team dart,that is a very nice car there brother,
well done =P~

I second a request!

Would love to know what it mph you got on the quarter mile too.

Team dart,that is a very nice car there brother,
well done =P~

It "was" a nice car :-D

Motor's a 0.060 over 340, 4" crank, Edlebrock rpm heads ported by Geoff Mummert, solid roller, dual plane Edelbrock rpm intake, 850 holley, and 1 7/8" headers, 11.8:1, 4 speed car. Have the motor in a Pro Street '65 Valiant now.... still trying to chase the setup still on it, can't get a 1.55 60' time yet on it like the Dart... but it'll get there. 122mph in the 1/4

Can't drive over 500hp on the street? LOL.... how about 3500 miles in a Rally race? Not to mention the countless car shows and road trips.... only had to adjust the valves every so often.... oh yea, 580hp, and 600lbs of torque.... Could of been quicker as a dedicated Drag car.... but we like to cruise as well. 7.1 in the 1/8th, and 10.9 in the 1/4.... dead nuts reliable. VERY NICE DART IT SURE LOOKS GOOD COMING OF THE LINE . I'M GLAD FOR YOU THAT YOU CAN DRIVE IT ON STREET, AS YOU CAN SEE MY SMALLER CUB ENGINE WITH THE CAST J HEADS IS CAMED SO BIG THAT I CAN'T PUT IT ON STREET. MY BEST 60 FT 0N ENGINE ONLY IS A 1.42 THE CAR LEAVES LIKE A BEAST. AND THATS SOME GOOD MPG. HAVE FUN GARY!:cheers:

Dual plane intake, gets 12mpg, nothing really too fancy, and idles at 800rpm.
3dart_2650x1600.jpg

DSC_014610-0.jpg
VERY NICE DART IT SURE LOOKS GOOD COMING OFF LINE. I'M GLAD THAT YOU CAN RUN ON STREET WITH IT. MY SMALLER ENG IS CAMED TO BIG. MY BEST 60FT. TIME IS 1.42.

Nice! Yea, the Dart's best 60' time is about a 1.57 I think?

But to run times like that with small cube and J heads is awesome, I'm sure lots of people wish they could run times like that with so little.... but like you said it's all in the Combo 8)

Slam a 200 shot down its throat........back the timing off about 5 degrees and dont let it go lean, up grade your fuel system for sure...........It will live. Just my 2 cents........haaaaaa

70 Dart numbers matching 340 4spd.............

410 stroker eagle forged crank
eagle H beam forged Rods
Hughes stud Girdle machined the caps very little spacers used
Milodon oil pan
Srp pistons -16.9 dish
Iron Ram Heads fully ported
Cometic Head Gaskets, Studed w/ARP
Solid Flat Tappet Cam Hughes 5660AS 106 LSA
Intake Duration at .050" 252°
Exhaust Duration at .050" 256°
Cool face solid oil thru lifters
Hughes Roller Rockers 1.6
Jomar Rocker Girdle
Port matched Eddy Air gap
Demon 850 carb 1 inch spacer
Digital 6 ignition
Curved distributor from Don FBO 4secondsflat.com
TTI Headers with 3 inch exhaust thru the tips
Electric cut outs
Cylinder pressure estimated at 200 PSI
Quench is .034
Caltracs rancho 9000 & 90/10 up front
Street ET drag radials
4spd 3:91 gears
10.8:1 Compression Ratio on pump fuel elevation is 1120

Not on the road as of yet, Almost done. Hoping to bounce off 600hp 600+ TQ and YES I will be driving it on the street all the time!!!!!!

Slam a 200 shot down its throat........back the timing off about 5 degrees and dont let it go lean, up grade your fuel system for sure...........It will live. Just my 2 cents........haaaaaa

70 Dart numbers matching 340 4spd.............

410 stroker eagle forged crank
eagle H beam forged Rods
Hughes stud Girdle machined the caps very little spacers used
Milodon oil pan
Srp pistons -16.9 dish
Iron Ram Heads fully ported
Cometic Head Gaskets, Studed w/ARP
Solid Flat Tappet Cam Hughes 5660AS 106 LSA
Intake Duration at .050" 252°
Exhaust Duration at .050" 256°
Cool face solid oil thru lifters
Hughes Roller Rockers 1.6
Jomar Rocker Girdle
Port matched Eddy Air gap
Demon 850 carb 1 inch spacer
Digital 6 ignition
Curved distributor from Don FBO 4secondsflat.com
TTI Headers with 3 inch exhaust thru the tips
Electric cut outs
Cylinder pressure estimated at 200 PSI
Quench is .034
Caltracs rancho 9000 & 90/10 up front
Street ET drag radials
4spd 3:91 gears
10.8:1 Compression Ratio on pump fuel elevation is 1120

Not on the road as of yet, Almost done. Hoping to bounce off 600hp 600+ TQ and YES I will be driving it on the street all the time!!!!!!

When's the dyno time? Sounds like a great build

Need a resto

If you have that in a link, post that instead if you can. Not that the write up isn't worth a post.
You do know he has a S/B Magnum engine right?

I never saved the link and each time I searcg it,its hard to find. Thus the copy and paste of the text.

SB magnum? I thought this was the BEST way to reach 500 h.p thread,lol....and actually must not have read to closely...

Actually just found it!

http://www.arengineering.com/articles/ttstroker.html

Think I'll save it this time!

When's the dyno time? Sounds like a great build

It would already be done but my son is headed to college in about 6 weeks. I have had to buy him 2 mac computers, recording equipment etc and tuition room and board etc all in the amount of 22k and he got a 20k scholarship...........time is an issue my girls competition dance. Should be dynoed in about 4 weeks if all works out.

Burnt Orange suggested a Vortech superccharger setup for 500 HP.
Well, it sure as Hell wasn't cheap, but here's my pile of junk and some info on what supercharging can and cannot do:

Dang; I hit the wrong button and posted this before I got any info on it. See NEXT post...

SORRY!!!

Car: 1972 Valiant; 3,340 pounds car only, weight; think of it as a 4-door Duster (17 pounds heavier, according to the "Standard Catalog of American Cars" reference book.)

Engine: stock short block 1998 360 Magnum, except for cam.
Cam: Hughesperformance hyd. roller 214/218 @.050" with .525" total lift, with 116 degrees of lobe separation. His catalog says it's a "good supercharger cam." Roller rockers; 300# (open) valve springs and heavy-duty pushrods.

9:1 compression; 185 psi cranking compression

Stock Magnum heads except for some minimal bowl porting and a 3-angle valve job.

Stock lubrication system; M-P stock-type distributor (mildly quicker advance rate than the stock mechanical advance curve.)

MSD Boostmaster ignition module (retards spark 1,2, or 3 degrees per pound of boost, your choice, from a dash-mounted control) up to 15 crankshaft degrees.

Chinese Air Gap ripoff intake manifold ({Professional Products.)

Carb Shop 750 Holley4150 double pumper, modified for blow-thru service.

Electric fuel pump that pumps 31 psi, regulated down to 6 psi, with a boost-referenced regulator that keeps the fuel pressure constanly 6 pounds more than whatever the boost is.

TTI complete header/H-pipe/tailpipe 2.5" system.

Snowperformance BoostCooler water/methanol injection kit

904 T-Flite with 318 converter and a Trans-Go shift kit.

8.75" rear end with 3.55 gears (soon to be 4.10s).

Vortech V-1, S-trim supercharger; 6-rib serpentine belt.

Attached are some pictures and a chassis dyno printout, (rear wheel HP and torque) and a timeslip with a really poor 60-foor time (it was 48 degrees; no traction; spinning all the way through low gear).

There was no "kit" so I had to make everything myself, including the mounting plate. I installed a half-inch fuel system made from silicon push-on technology hose from a chassis shop that builds world-class dirt track cars (is that an oxymoron?) The counter guy said if that stuff will survive dirt track racing (and, it does), it shouldn't have any trouble surviving on the street (or, strip.)
So far, no problems...

Anyway, I spent a bundle (for ME) on this thing, but I have a car that will run 11 second e.t.'s and idles at 475 rpm, fairly smoothly. Driveability is like a stock, 318 2-bbl.

The dyno guy said to multiply my rear wheel hp of 445 by 1.17 to get approximate flywheel hp. That would be 523 lywheel hp. Rear wheel torque (as you can see on the dyno sheet) was 470..

That is with 10 pounds of boost and no intercooer.

No guarantees as to how long this time bomb will last, but if I can keep that ol' bugaboo of detonation away, it MAY last awhile...

Next stop; forged pistons, H-beam rods, and Cometic gaskets!!! And, I have a 4" crank that may or may not ever see the inside of that block... lol!

Hope this helps!

PLEASE, no comments about the firewall wiring; I'm a VERY sensitive guy.... LOL!!!

image0-2.jpg

image0-4.jpg

100_3266.jpg

100_3206.jpg

-
Back