BIG Move being considered....help.....

-

demon700

Reaction score
My wife and I are tossing the idea of moving from New Brunswick Canada, to Miami Florida, because of work. We have family in miami, and i would have a job waiting, and she has an opportunity as a RN to work as well. My question is, how much hassle are we gonna run into, and how does the green card system work? Can we just show up, buy a house, and go to work? She is all for this, but i am a little more skeptical. Any info would be much appreciated, i am trying to look online, but not having much luck. Thanks

With so many unemployed down south green cards are not so easy to get.Caferacerx idea probably be easier. lol.

The way I see it if you got jobs and can pay your own way you are screwed. No really your wife should check to RN paperwork and documentation will transfer to US with no problems. INS should answer all questions for you as to green card app. and how long it takes and most of this can be gotten on line. I checked website and it is all right there.

you are just going to have to start making phone calls and sending emails the proper government offices in order to get the process rolling and find the information you need,

as I am not sure about how many immigration experts we have here

however if you need help building a raft we all would be glad to give advice!

Jeff,
Your wife as an RN might have an easier time than you. But I think this is how it works.
You have to have an employer basically sponser you and apply to the appropriate government agency in the U.S. for a work permit for you. They have to show that there is a shortage of workers that do that kind of work in the area. If it is approved, you are good to go.

I'm sure someone here will know more about this than me.

Jack

I moved to North Carolina years ago and I was sponsored by the company who I was going to work for. I worked on a L1A work visa which was good for 3 years. Obtaining a Social Security Number is crucial as you cannot even open up a bank acoount without one. I think your best bet is for your wife to obtain a for sure job and have a lawyer tell you where to go from there, you will not be able to show up and just live there.

Just show up and start working. Have a few anchor babies here and all is good.
Seriously I think cwatts is correct. Might take a while but with real job skills I think you will be able to eventually do it the right way.

There are lot of unemployed CNA's and RN's. I don't see how our government could issue new or even renew old green cards for any position that has citizens drawing unemployment.

But then again there are a lot of things i don't understand about our government.

Thanks for all the info, I have been reading up on it a little more, I may need a hand building that raft...

Medical Insurance is the states is very costly when you have to pay it out of pocket. Make sure the job(s) you or the wife get offers good medical insurance.

-
Back