Birth of the Blue Missile

-
OK guys here is the video of the scoop, like I said it still needs tweaking. But it does reverse the flow and locks in place properly.
Andrew

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj7il3zB7C0"]hoodscoop - YouTube[/ame]

I actually like that very much.

Not as much as if a grilled cheese sandwich slid out when it opened but still very much.

That is way to cool Andrew . Now I'm thanking hinges for your doors so they open like Lamborghini doors . Never seems to stop with your build keep up the awesome work

No Lambo doors for me, I think with the exception of the fuel cell, I'm done with the fabrication. Now comes the blocking of the entire car and Jumping back into the electrical system including the electric windows.
Denny is it like one of the Japanese seats with a "Turbo" setting?
Andrew

Andrew,
Great job on the scoop and I like your new avatar with the light in the center.

here is the latest set of pics. I just put it on the ground at ride height so a Painter could take a look at it for design ideas.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000257.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 455
  • WP_000258.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 448
  • WP_000259.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 454
Wow that thang

Is low . Are going to use air bags ? To raise it wile driving ?

The rear end has to come up about 1" other than that what you see is what you get.
The frame rails have more than 4" of clearance, and the front spoiler is close to 7" off the ground.
Andrew

Can't wait to see what you come up with in the paint/ graphics dept. I' m sure you have several ideas you are working on

Denny,
the paint group that came out yesterday at my invitation was invited because they do blue propane style "true fire" I want a little on the hood. Other than that it will stay true to the original Don Carlton design as was the first Blue Missile. I will not be going as far as you went with your ghost graphics which I LOVE!
They are going to work up some renderings and well see what they come up with.
Andrew

Denny,
the paint group that came out yesterday at my invitation was invited because they do blue propane style "true fire" I want a little on the hood. Other than that it will stay true to the original Don Carlton design as was the first Blue Missile. I will not be going as far as you went with your ghost graphics which I LOVE!
They are going to work up some renderings and well see what they come up with.
Andrew

I'm sure it will be just like everything else you've done......eye-popping and jaw dropping.

I dont know why the camera picked up the paper as green but there it is. No clue how to draw a black car, so you have to use your imagination.
But Petty blue front stripe and badging, The Missile stripe package faded light to dark candy apple blue over silver flake, with Truefire blue flames going down the side.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000260.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 394
I dont know why the camera picked up the paper as green but there it is. No clue how to draw a black car, so you have to use your imagination.
But Petty blue front stripe and badging, The Missile stripe package faded light to dark candy apple blue over silver flake, with Truefire blue flames going down the side.
Andrew

I was bored so I brought your image into photoshop and did some messing around. Love your build.

MMduster_ps.jpg

Dan Thanks thats about right for the look. I do have window tint, and I hope the guys I found to do the flames, do it justice. They did tell me it needs to be finish painted through the first clear coat before they do their thing. So there is a ways to go yet.
Thanks again for the kudos.
Andrew

Andrew,
Looking good, the hood scoop is definitely unique just like the mechanical spoiler......very high tech.

here is the latest set of pics. I just put it on the ground at ride height so a Painter could take a look at it for design ideas.
Andrew

how tall are your front and back tires? i see you raised your fender up a few inches. i was also thinking about doing this but only raising it 3/4in so the lip will stay under the factory body line.
im also set up to run a 4in ride height under the frame with 26-27in fronts and 28in rear tires

-
Back