Blue...

-

Attachments

• Dog's last will.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 130
We got two cats that are brother and sister. We helped mama bring them into this world. They were both 15 the 2nd week of February. Kitty's female, Bummett is still really healthy. My cat, Stubby is really slowing down. I don't think he'll be here much longer. That's gonna be tough. I am his hyoomahn and he knows it.

They live in our hearts forever.

I still love every animal/pet that I ever had.

I would rather deal with the sadness of losing them, rather than not to have known them and their love in the first place. The happiness that they bring to our lives, more than makes up for the sadness when we loose them.

But it still doesn't keep us from missing them and feeling sad. I hated having to put my last one down. It was the worst thing that I've ever done. Even though I knew his time had come and the vet told me, I still feel bad that I had to do it.

Hang in there.

Sorry to hear about that. I had to put Deedee down after 17 yrs last spring. . She was older than my kids. Hardest thing I ever did.

Sorry to hear bout this Doug. Hang in there,you did the right thing. I dread the day when my boy's time comes.

Sorry to hear about 'ol Blue! Glad to know he passed with his loving family near. I'm really truly sorry!

Sorry to see this, losing a best friend is hard. RIP Blue

As hard as this is to do,its best.Blue is in a better place now.Will you be replacing him with another Coon hound in the future?

So strange waking up today, for the past 5 years or so Blue would howl when we woke up. Got to the point where he would stand near the bed, as soon as he seen Ernie stirring he would start singing to her....He figured out that the velcro on her cpap mask getting undone was the signal and as soon he heard it away he would go....

They live in our hearts forever.

I still love every animal/pet that I ever had.

I would rather deal with the sadness of losing them, rather than not to have known them and their love in the first place. The happiness that they bring to our lives, more than makes up for the sadness when we loose them.

But it still doesn't keep us from missing them and feeling sad. I hated having to put my last one down. It was the worst thing that I've ever done. Even though I knew his time had come and the vet told me, I still feel bad that I had to do it.

Hang in there.

"I would rather deal with the sadness of losing them, rather than not to have known them and their love in the first place. The happiness that they bring to our lives, more than makes up for the sadness when we loose them."

Fired up the tears again......I feel the same way. Sadness is a part of life. Blue gave us 11 fun years....a few days of sadness seems like such a small payment. Blue was the second friend we have seen leave us since moving to Washington. I still think about Mr. Max everyday.....
As hard as this is to do,its best.Blue is in a better place now.Will you be replacing him with another Coon hound in the future?

Have not talked about that yet. Ernie does not want another dog that slobbers...which Blue did not but his brother Red is a master of it...yet she wants a French Mastiff....There was a family that bred Redbones, I have not seen them in a year or so. There goats & geese are still there, they have someone feeding them....if they ever come back maybe so....have not seen any other ones around here....

I have been avoiding this thread Ink, I get emotional way to easy and I must keep my feelings in cheek as much as possible these days
Loosing a great friend is hard, I have been there many times in my life
Thank you for giving Blue a great home Doug, many dogs don't get that ya know
Keep all the good memories and great care you gave him close and move forward knowing
you was a great master to him, It's a hard thing man, Treva and I send our condolences and hope you can feel good for the care and love you gave Blue.
Thank you for being you and giving Blue a great home and attention many four leggers will never see. Mike.

I have been avoiding this thread Ink, I get emotional way to easy and I must keep my feelings in cheek as much as possible these days
Loosing a great friend is hard, I have been there many times in my life
Thank you for giving Blue a great home Doug, many dogs don't get that ya know
Keep all the good memories and great care you gave him close and move forward knowing
you was a great master to him, It's a hard thing man, Treva and I send our condolences and hope you can feel good for the care and love you gave Blue.
Thank you for being you and giving Blue a great home and attention many four leggers will never see. Mike.

More tears....but thanks Mike....coming from a dog person this means the world to us. We did the best in giving Blue a good life. Just like any pup Blue did his best to try our patience at times. Blue was a member of the shredding crew for a while. Blue, Red, Queenie and occasionally Mr. Max would have a field day when we were at work....you would be surprised at much of a mess a Sunday paper can make. One of them used a 2-0 battery cable as dental floss once. Got home form work one night and Ernie noticed a dish towel was mia. And that Blue was acting "weird"....and would not eat. We heard a very sickening noise in the middle of the night in the back yard....it was Blue throwing up the towel...came out the way it went in, still in one piece. I joked that Ernie should just wash it and keep using it. I have a few pictures of Blue that I am going to post when I get home today, it is going to take a while to find them.

I would like to Thank everyone for your comments. It is helping me get thru this.

"many dogs don't get that ya know".....This statement is so true. See it often up here. People with there dogs left outside, with no shelter at all, in all kinds of weather. When we go to Petsmart lately we go thru the "SCRAPS" adoption area, it breaks my heart to see some of those poop shooters in there.

One of the reasons we have African Greys is with a bit of luck we will not have to see them go, they will outlive us if they live the 50 or so years they have been known to live. And with the vocabulary they have Desiree, our daughter, will have plenty of embarrassing moments from them.

Thanks again everyone...

Just had to put down a horse a few weeks ago. I took it hard but my wife is just crushed. Picked out a nice spot for him and she goes up every night and watches the sun go down with him.

Sorry to hear about Blue. We went through the same thing about a year and a half ago with our lab Lucy. It still hurts enough that its keeping me from wanting another one. Maybe someday I will open up enough to allow another furry friend into our lives, but not yet.

As with any death its always worst right after it happens. Your sorrow may fade, but your love for him will always be strong. Take care and try not to suppress your emotions. I hope you find comfort in the fact that Blue isn't suffering anymore.

RIP Blue

Sorry to hear about Blue. We went through the same thing about a year and a half ago with our lab Lucy. It still hurts enough that its keeping me from wanting another one. Maybe someday I will open up enough to allow another furry friend into our lives, but not yet.

As with any death its always worst right after it happens. Your sorrow may fade, but your love for him will always be strong. Take care and try not to suppress your emotions. I hope you find comfort in the fact that Blue isn't suffering anymore.

RIP Blue

Thanks Sir. One of the images that I can not get out of my head is this one...

View attachment 111_1197 (Medium).jpg

we were working 12 hours a day, so the pups spent a ton of time alone. Max, a cattle dog we had, had a thing about Coonhounds. He grew up with Fred, a Black & Tan. Over the years he pierced Fred's ear twice and tore a 4"x6" by about 3/4" deep chunk from Red. Got home form work one night to find blood everywhere. Max had pierced Blue's ear. Blue was one of those pups that was constantly shaking his head, so in the process he was winging blood everywhere. This was taken at about 1:30 in the morning, if I remember right.....just before loading him into the little Ranger we had at the time to take him to the Emergency Vet clinic. Blue's ear, after it heeled had these sizable lumpy scars on it. In order to get it to heal our regular vet glued the tears and then wrapped Blue's head in an Ace wrap. Blue did not even make it into the truck to go home before removing the Ace wrap.

Not having a good day today, I see Blue everywhere I look. And then of course our African Greys are calling him, and howling just like Blue used to...Hell of a time to be alone....

As I slowly empty my tears for you I remember the day I had to do the same thing for my 16 year friend Maggie. As I held her head I never cried so hard as she took her last breath and looked at me as to say( It is okay my friend I will see you again) 16 years is a long time and many great memories. I feel so bad for you but rest asure he hurts no more and you will never see him suffer again. I had Maggie cermated and she will be buried with me when I go past RainBow Bridge to gather all my other pets and wander off to Heaven. Shortly after this My wife called me to prepare me for what she found. While taking her dinner break at work she went into the park behind work and watched a car slow down and throw out a puppy. She brought it home and it has attached herself to me and has become a constant companion. The simple fool even jumped out my truck window and shattered her right rear leg and had to have it taken off. Thorough all this she has not lost a step and has got to go where I go even to the Jonh. No she will never be Maggia but she has become My Mollie. I went from a Aussie Shepherd to a Aussie. Kelpie but we are great friends . As I type this she is at my feet just waiting for my next move. I feel better just telling you this and did not want to bend your ear but this is my way of telling you( you are never alone with all your Abody friends around) All the best my friend Steve aka. DUSTERDOWNS

-
Back