Book of Knowledge

-

Denvermike

Reaction score
When I read a thread that I want to keep I download it and put in a binder. I made a dozen or so tabs. I do the same with articles from magazines. Tech tips from catalogs and the like also get added.
What do the rest of you do?
Mike

You mean you print it out? I do save some webpages in a folder. The problem is remembering what you filed it under!!!

I like the binder idea. When I'm working in the garage I don't want to go to the computer to look something up. I have boxes of magazines saved for reference. Unfortunately I can never remember what issue a certain article was in. I might copy your idea. That would have been a good winter project.

When I read a thread that I want to keep I download it and put in a binder. I made a dozen or so tabs. I do the same with articles from magazines. Tech tips from catalogs and the like also get added.
What do the rest of you do?
Mike

Mike, are you talking virtual binder? Like in a folder?

I too have been looking for a way to organize a system so that I can collect and sort web pages, etc. I have been especially wanting to find a system to store and organize specific FABO threads that I have found to be very helpful / useful.

Recently I had a conversation with my wife about this, as she is a little more savvy on the computer them me. She likes to go to a site called "Pinterest" which I think might work just for this. I am going to download the app and see if it will work. (Pinterest has a feature of "sharing" your stuff with friends, but it also has a section for just your own stuff that you can organize it).

Hoping maybe someone here has a Pinterest account that can chime in here...

Hey Guys,
I'm sorry that I was not clear. I print the stuff I want to keep and put it in a 3 Ring Binder. The sections sort of follow the ones here. I'm not much of a computer guy. I also like to be able to take them to the garage. I pieced together a wiring diagram and made a double wide page protector for it. It now hangs from the side of a cabinet next to the bench.
Mike

Mike, are you talking virtual binder? Like in a folder?

I too have been looking for a way to organize a system so that I can collect and sort web pages, etc. I have been especially wanting to find a system to store and organize specific FABO threads that I have found to be very helpful / useful.

Recently I had a conversation with my wife about this, as she is a little more savvy on the computer them me. She likes to go to a site called "Pinterest" which I think might work just for this. I am going to download the app and see if it will work. (Pinterest has a feature of "sharing" your stuff with friends, but it also has a section for just your own stuff that you can organize it).

Hoping maybe someone here has a Pinterest account that can chime in here...

You can make folders and folders inside of folders in your favorites on the computer.
Just make a folder in your favorites called "Car Stuff" and a folder inside of that called "Engine" and another called "electrical" and another called "Trans" and so on.

Then when you want to save a page or article or whatever navigate your Favorites to where it should be saved.

In my Favorites I have a folder called "Mopar Stuff" and there are a bunch of website links and folders inside of that.

Works great.

-
Back