Brake conversion. Lower control arm swap?

-
Dfr360cuda, what did you use for the undercoating?

It's industrial paint. I can't remember the brand, I'll check tomorrow. I'm stalled now, I ripped a BJ boot, so I'm waiting on Amazon. I also got the PST 1.03's

image.jpeg

Adjusted the ride height today. About an inch to the bump stops. Not to bad. Still waiting on alignment. Still sits a bit high in the front. Maybe able to fill that with tire.
Before/After

CF482695-7409-475D-8287-999B2030AF20.jpeg

585B08AE-59D2-4B7D-8449-2EFE91DC03FC.jpeg

All done folks. Alignment complete. Rides nice and straight no play in the suspension. Brakes great. Steering box has a bit of wander and I’ll tackle that next.

48785E34-5848-4AAA-BB5C-A9E2C222FB20.jpeg

B87D4A18-D67E-46D1-80D8-E8F7A9FD0AE1.jpeg

EAFAE02D-0E9E-4313-B299-864BD462DDF6.jpeg

Well it looks like springs are up next. Took her on a shake down up north and got into a 6k patch work road in cottage country. Got home and she sprained a spring. Lol Sinking in the arse end drivers side. Front sits pretty and when we left she was sitting level. So that’s up next. Shackle bushings are on the bench as she had a squeak on the passenger side when I hit bumps. So I’ll wait till I find a decent set of rear springs. I may dump my air shocks to. I do enjoy the look sometimes of the lift. I did install a few extra parts on the front end today also. Shocks, and a dust cap. PST has a nice set of springs and Hotchkis also. Anyone have any other affordable spring recommendations? I Just missed out on a set of lightly used ones for 250.00.

845F7820-B7AB-44AB-A27F-1607DBBB6A28.jpeg

F8072130-3717-4D58-B019-99494CAD19E5.jpeg

Well it looks like springs are up next. Took her on a shake down up north and got into a 6k patch work road in cottage country. Got home and she sprained a spring. Lol Sinking in the arse end drivers side. Front sits pretty and when we left she was sitting level. So that’s up next. Shackle bushings are on the bench as she had a squeak on the passenger side when I hit bumps. So I’ll wait till I find a decent set of rear springs. I may dump my air shocks to. I do enjoy the look sometimes of the lift. I did install a few extra parts on the front end today also. Shocks, and a dust cap. PST has a nice set of springs and Hotchkis also. Anyone have any other affordable spring recommendations? I Just missed out on a set of lightly used ones for 250.00.

View attachment 1715550950

View attachment 1715550951
I think General Spring has new ones cheaper than that.

Install complete, new brake lines front to back. Bleeding done and happy to inform that there is no leaks and the car stops like a champ. Wilwood prop valve works perfect. Observation: I matched the tie rod measurements to the drum set up and as expected are way off. Toeing out. The bolts I acquired For the balljoint to spindles needed to be shaved 1/4 inch to clear the sway bar tabs on the pre 73 lowers. The tires stick out further than the pre 73 setup. Until my rear ended is done I’m going to use spacers to pull the rears out to match the stance in the front. I figure 1/4 inch. I used the 73 style bushings for the strut bar that are considerably larger on my set up and accounted for that in the tightening. They seem to work great. Pro tip. If you can’t get you torsion bars out or their stiff , undo the strut nut on the lower then undo the lower pin bolt to k-frame and use a rubber mallet on the lower to knock out the torsion bar. Alternatively get a tool. The PST bars are great! This was very rewarding and took 3 days to complete a full re and re fumbling along and watching lots of videos. Many trips to the part store. Also good starting point for the adjusters to keep the body off the bump stops is just the heads of the bolts peeking through the lowers.(PST 1.03) I’ll fire up some photo soon. Car needs a serious alignment now. Now it’s time to set the stance and get an alignment. Tires that are on the front were used to test the car and avoid damage to my good set. Have a set of cheap tires around to make the test runs and to get you to the alignment shop. Once there they can swap them out while doing the alignment.
I’ll post up how she handles and brakes over the next few days

Thanks for following along.

View attachment 1715545856

View attachment 1715545857

View attachment 1715545858

View attachment 1715545859

View attachment 1715545860

I took everyone's advice and ordered 69 camaro brake hoses. Banjo bolts not included.
Standard size ?

-
Back