Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
Have you considered the dark textured argent?

Looks very nice as a contrast to light colors and covers small flaws that the plastic may have.
I had great luck using it on my wife's 69 vert.

http://www.totallyautoinc.com/paint/paint.html

Just an option you may not have considered.

Attachments

• 100_4697.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 463
  • 100_4699.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 430
  • 100_4689.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 455
  • 100_4727.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 431
my dart model front grille is totally black...

I do not know how to paint plastic yet... I bought a plastic primer to test.

I'm attaching a photo of a dart SE. This car behave to a fried. His father bought this car new..

dodge_dart_se_1973_amarelo_enxofre_citrico.jpg

Painting "overkill"

I decided to brush Hammerite inside doors and rear panels. I like hammerite because it is a rust converter. It's just a prevention

I have access only on driver side at this moment. But it's ok... result seems good enough.

IMG_5412.JPG

IMG_5423.JPG

IMG_5424.JPG

IMG_5427.JPG

Hmm,that's something many folks don't think of. Painting inside will slow the rust down . I've used rust converter lots. It won't stop it,nothing really does short of grinding or cutting it out. But that will slow it up for a few years

Hmm,that's something many folks don't think of. Painting inside will slow the rust down . I've used rust converter lots. It won't stop it,nothing really does short of grinding or cutting it out. But that will slow it up for a few years

If "a few years" equals to "30 years" I'll be really happy :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I'll also apply sound insulator inside doors. The insulator I'm using is a kind of asphalt. It melts and also insulate metal from humidity.

That black does look mean...maybe satin finish unless gloss is factory finish....i like the idea of spraying the insides of the doors bottoms myself.

We use POR15 here...looks like you have the same stuff with a different name....lasts forever.

Looking good bud:happy1:

crossing my fingers... tomorrow I'll visit a junkyard. I'm on vacation (summer vacation).

In fact, I'm a researcher at university and I do not have vacation... almost do not have a personal life :D :D

but, the only thing I really want to do on vacation is to go to a junkyard.

I made a promise to myself... I will fire engine next Saturday 16th January

What is that grille from? Looks like an AMC item.....

Hi 66340sedan.. I'll try to briefly explain Crysler life in Brazil.. I'll post some advertisement pictures to better illustrate

from 1969 to 1970.. crysler was starting production on Brazil. Only dodge Darts (a-body)...
1969 models were sedan from USA... based on 68 USA models. Almost all cars used to be 3 speed column shifter.

here is a tv advertisement from 1969

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WtowCfhra04"]Propaganda Chrysler Dodge Dart 1969 - Brasil - YouTube[/ame]

on 1970... Chrysler started to produce coupes (2 door darts). They are rare.

I think that until 1971... nothing really new happens here.
On 71... Chrysler on Brazil started producing our "Charger". Our chargers are a-bodies with C columns inserts... and a different grill... They were equipped with 4 speed floor shifter OR auto trans.

1971-b.jpg

tumblr_lubig9RqMP1qflydqo1_500.jpg

On 72... clusters instruments (based on rally dash) used to have white background. Really nice.

On 72, darts used to have metal from grill. The SE model started to be produced on 72

dodge_dart_se_1972_anuncio_lancamento.jpg

On 73... darts were equipped with plastic front grill. Totally different dash and clusters instruments. Our "charger" models received a new front end.

Dart-1972.jpg

dodgecharger1973.jpg

dodge SE (special edition)... used to have 3 speed on floor. Black hood, grille and a very different seat covers.

only a few changes until 1979...
dodgenac11.jpg

Chrysler Brazil finish production on 1980-1981

I really like the look of that grille.
Are they hard to find in good condition?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-10 at 9.33.43 AM.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 346
Very cool timeline you set up there Alex. I appreciate the education on the trim. I like the black out option with the blackout hood and the grill covering the lamps in later model year.

Fascinating stuff, thanks. I really like the swept back design of the roof line around the rear window and the "C" stripe on the rear quarters of the Charger.

Unfortunately, we have very few options regarding to engines and other mechanical stuff.

For example, we do not have a 340 or 360 engine on Brazilian a-bodies.

Well for fun in the sun cruising and maintenance free driving a 318 is like a slant six.....bullet proof. Still has enough power to get some scratch and not kill you at the pump. :D

Agreed. Brazilian Mopar stylists had it right,as some of the coolest Mopars around are in you're country.If I was rich,I would come and get one!

found a brake line. 2,85m (9.35039 ft according to google).

I hope it fits. I'm trying to find some photos to image where I can pass brake lines thought the rear

IMG_5491.JPG

-
Back