Buyers beware of John Geitz Jr.

-
Well, I can tell you from experience this guy has some issues! He did a car deal with another member here and tried to screw him too! :angry7:

Sorry to hear, good luck with this. New Jersey already has a bad enough reputation and now this, yikes.....

I agree with the folks that said if you paid with a postal money order, you should definitely get the post office involved. And, just a side note for everyone, if you are paying through PayPal, especially for high-dollar stuff with someone you've never dealt with, even if you have the money in your PayPal account, pay with a credit card! Most credit cards have buyer protection. PayPal's buyer protection means nothing, there's been a few times where I've gotten screwed, and they have never stepped up and fixed things. My brother bought a very expensive mountain bike and paid with his CC through PayPal. When the bike came, it ended up being a POS fake knockoff, and PayPal didn't want to hear it and offered no help whatsoever. When he talked to the CC company, the money was refunded almost instantly.

I agree with the folks that said if you paid with a postal money order, you should definitely get the post office involved. And, just a side note for everyone, if you are paying through PayPal, especially for high-dollar stuff with someone you've never dealt with, even if you have the money in your PayPal account, pay with a credit card! Most credit cards have buyer protection. PayPal's buyer protection means nothing, there's been a few times where I've gotten screwed, and they have never stepped up and fixed things. My brother bought a very expensive mountain bike and paid with his CC through PayPal. When the bike came, it ended up being a POS fake knockoff, and PayPal didn't want to hear it and offered no help whatsoever. When he talked to the CC company, the money was refunded almost instantly.

I hear yah don-vee, pay pal screwed me and took no responsability at all. They marked an item paid and when I returned from mailing it they had rescended the payment. I argued and sent them every copy of documentation saying it was marked paid(they said they never received. B.S.) I wish bad things to everybody in that transaction that bent me over!

Have any of you used escrow.com?
That is the only safe way to conduct business on the internet. Especially on big ticket items and hard to locate items. Basically the buyer pays the escrow company the sale price and upon verifcation of the payment the seller ships, no money exchanged at that time, when the package arrives at the buyer location the buyer has a set number of days to inspect the merchandise and verify that it is what was advertised. The buyer notifies the escrow company and the money is released to seller. If the buyer does not respond with in the set number of days, allowed to inspect the merchandise, the seller is paid. Just go to escrow.com and you can obtain all the details.

pay with a CC stupid with paypal

has nothing to do with it at all

BTW if someone sends you money by DEBI or CC

and marked as purchase , not as personal

either buyer must include more money or seller gets screwed

dont be stupid and paranoid

paypal owned by ebay

reason money not refunded quick is its because its was a transfer from a CC

not bank acct,

so when buying, dont screw the seller as well

pay them 450

and they get like 430 in there paypal acct if again was transferred from a CC

You have already contacted him more than once and now he is avoiding you?You are wasting time and he probably thinks you are a pushover since it has been this long and you havent taken legal action.Teach him a lesson,get the mail fraud ball rolling tommorow and send him an email saying you have done so...then you can stop losing sleep.No mercy for that kinda thing in my books.

I'm not in charge of stuff like that but maybe a seller registration with full name, address, phone numbers, next of kin, social security # and a muggshot security deposit vin # of all mopars and picture of current girlfriend (nude of course) :cheers: and references from other sites they sell on

John Geitz Jr. has posted parts for sale on here and never sends them. I paid $64 for a set of 1970 dart headlight bezels back on November 25th. After several emails which he never answered and even more unanswered phone calls I finally got him on the phone. He said he would ship them the next day. That was back on December 22nd. No returned phone calls since. :( His address is 21 Avon Ave Westville, NJ 08093. 856-803-8128 Anyone ever deal with him before or know him???
Hi, I paid 1020$ to him by PayPal to his wife(?) for the drivetrain from a Dart, which he promised to deliver to my shipment address in Linden NJ. I got one mail from him after I paid, then it is completely silent, this was 25. Jan 2010. He listed this both on Moparts and as an E-bay auction. I live in Norway, and I have correspondance linking him to this possible fraud. Is there any advice to how to possibly get the money back, or have the deal completed? I searched the net for relatives, and there is one John Geitz Sr in West Deptford, it could be that this is his father. Any comments?
Thanks,
Oyvind Mostad / Norway

I am happy to say that the person I dealt with was great. Most of you are. To those who got.....shall we say taken. I feel horrible. We should post the phone numbers and all take turns calling till the part arrives. Lets not ruin the trust we have on this site because of a few a$$ h@|35. Sorry for the language.

Hi, I paid 1020$ to him by PayPal to his wife(?) for the drivetrain from a Dart, which he promised to deliver to my shipment address in Linden NJ. I got one mail from him after I paid, then it is completely silent, this was 25. Jan 2010. He listed this both on Moparts and as an E-bay auction. I live in Norway, and I have correspondance linking him to this possible fraud. Is there any advice to how to possibly get the money back, or have the deal completed? I searched the net for relatives, and there is one John Geitz Sr in West Deptford, it could be that this is his father. Any comments?
Thanks,
Oyvind Mostad / Norway

If you paid with PayPal you should be able to get the money back! I would contact them, and the local police in NJ. This guy is bad news!

First off nobody has listed this guys user name on this site so who knows who he could be. He has not even responded to this thread as of yet. But why would he? Some folks have already hung him out to dry. His given name is out there for all FABO land to see. Where is this guy?? Out to sea? We are a Navy family and they dont just call you to work and ship you off to somewhere, (unless you are a SEAL or its prelude to war) so he should be easy to track down. He lives in Jersey so perhaps he is in Norfolk? A call to someone there in Consumer/Navy Affairs should net an answer as to his wherabouts and what 'ship' he is assigned to. For all you landlubbers a 'ship' is not in all cases a 'big boat'. Its his assigned area on a base. He could be a cook or maybe a welder or something of the like. C.N.A. will not tell you his wherabouts but will tell you if he is working on the base. Once this is done you will be able to get ahold of him for answers.

This kinda crap burns me up .If you tell someone your gunna do something ,than do it.Business is business as far as im concerned ,keyboard to keyboard or face to face .No excuse for avoiding someone who has paid you for something.Thanks for the heads up and sorry to hear about what happened to you .I got burned by a guy on another site im a member of .The bad news is he got away with it for the moment.The good news he lives in my state and i have found some members from that site that know him .Maybe i will get lucky and cross paths with him one day .Texas isnt as big as people think ...

His screen name on here was John Geitz Jr. After a few failed atempts to contact him I tried PM ing him from here but his user name was no longer listed! I have conacted the post office and missed a call friday from the attny. generals office, but will call them back today. Hopefully nobody else gets taken by him. It has NOTHING to do with him being a seaman or in the millitary, when I did finally get him on he phone he promised to ship the parts the next morning, no mention of getting shipped out to sea or anything! Whether in the milliatary or not, the guys is a liar and a theif as far as I am concerned!

That sucks...bad.....I sold a part to a guy on here here last week and he sent me a payment check through paypal...never seen it before I hasn't cleared yet...says to wait 5 days until paypal says ok..... They guy is probably dying because I won't ship the part....He knows what the deal is...but I ain;t sending nothing ill it;s paid for...EVRYBODY I HAVE DEALT WITH HAS BEEN AWESOME...HANDS DOWN..

Sounds like me... haha:-D

I'm not in charge of stuff like that but maybe a seller registration with full name, address, phone numbers, next of kin, social security # and a muggshot security deposit vin # of all mopars and picture of current girlfriend (nude of course) :cheers: and references from other sites they sell on

Only nude if she's hot:cheers:=P~

Thanks,
Oyvind Mostad / Norway

You should contact PayPal. You only have a limited time to contact them. I think it's 60 days from the transfer of funds. After that they will give you a lot of lip service and tell you how seriously they take this sort of thing but they won't do anything. Be sure to let them know there's a problem before it's too late.

I see he is from New Jersey. I was wondering if he is Navy or working on a fishing/cargo (Long shore man) ship. Does anyone know for sure?

Really crappy to hear, thanks for the warning.
Luckily I have been fortunate enough to deal with some pretty legit people on here. I hope your situation gets better and the Postman backs you up...
Best of luck bud! :)

-
Back