Carlisle parts N135-136

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Just looking to generate a little interest ahead of time for the FABO guys walking the Carlisle swap meet. I'll be setting up early PM Thursday and will be there through Sunday when it starts clearing out. I try to bring clean, usable stuff and price it to move. Read through the list below beforehand to get an idea but feel free to ask if I might have something specific. Keep in mind there's probably nothing super rare or special that I'm giving away cheap but there will be a couple interesting parts.

Since this is not a for sale thread you'll have to stop by my spot (N135-N136) to see what's what. To be clear, most everything I bring will be fairly priced. It will all be priced, described and easy to inspect. If I'm at the spot, I'll answer your questions as best as I can. If not, one of the guys I'm with will or they'll get in touch with me directly.

Here's a general list;
  • I have a bunch of stock/aftermarket mild performance small block parts. I spent some time this last week cleaning up what I felt was worth the time and some items are actually pretty decent. Think aluminum intakes, oil pans, fuel pumps, stroker pistons, etc. etc. The things I don't bother to clean up will dirt cheap.

• There will be a few 'packages' of parts that work together meaning I will try to include things like fittings, gaskets, hardware, etc.

• A small amount of '68-'70 B body parts, a few of which are hard to find. I will see what A body-specific things I can bring but unfortunately I don't have much.

• Couple stock/mild performance big block parts, similar to the types of take-off small block parts I'll have on hand

• Some general 4 speed parts and possibly a complete OD unit with linkage if I can get it out of my storage beforehand

• General parts that fit multiple applications like alternators, radiator fans, etc., all priced to move

• Could possibly bring some wheels

• There will be a bin of FREE things that I don't have any interest in cleaning up or holding on to
Hope to see some of you guys there. Again, it's spot N135-136. Come say hi, we don't bite.

- Greg

M 166 -171, not bringing much to sell this year. But we do have a good time.
I will wander over at some point.

Last edited:
Had going to Carlisle in my plans for a long time but waited too long. Don't have the funds or the stamina anymore to attend a big event such as that one....

I’ll be going for the first time since like ‘08 I think. Not sure where the spots are as they’re a friend’s but I’m bringing a couple things including a fresh ‘70 340 short block. I’ll try and swing by.

Had going to Carlisle in my plans for a long time but waited too long. Don't have the funds or the stamina anymore to attend a big event such as that one....
Yeah I dislike it... thank god for internet parts shopping/shipping...Carlisle got bad around the time they started stealing peoples cars out of the hotel parking lots in the middle of the night...I forget what year that was...

Right now, it's hotter than hell in Pa. good luck!
Yeah I dislike it... thank god for internet parts shopping/shipping...Carlisle got bad around the time they started stealing peoples cars out of the hotel parking lots in the middle of the night...I forget what year that was...
Jeez, thanks for the encouragement Debby Friggin' Downer!

I mean come on, it's ALWAYS hot during Carlisle - it's mid-July in land-locked Central PA - what do you expect? I hate to say that's 'part of the charm' but it kind of is. Everyone is in the same boat in that regard. Just have to prepare for it both mentally and physically and it's usually no big deal. It's no different than it is here in CT right now anyway. I've been on the baseball field with my kid the last two days and I swear I've lost a few pounds in sweat. If I can deal with the heat here I can deal with it there too.

And yeah, of course it sucks when stuff gets stolen but it does not seem to be much of a deterrent either way. In fact, it seems like every year they're constantly crowing over the PA about record-breaking attendance for both cars and people, thieves be damned.

If you're a car thief, Carlisle would probably seem like shooting fish in a barrel so it makes sense that it happens. Can't live your life in fear of these things though so you do what you can to protect your junk and soldier on.

Carlisle is great. The scene changes over the years, and we age. But it's still great.

I waited way too long to go the first time thinking the Mopar Nationals in Columbus was the best show. Then I went to Carlisle in 2020 HOLY SMOKES!!! I'm not pulling the camper and staying in a campground this year BUT I am not going to miss it. Getting up at 4 am and driving there 200 miles hanging out for the day and driving home when I've had my fill.

I plan to make it there for tomorrow.
With the '62 Valiant Wagon and the '62 ValianTrailer.
53823579597_1312ef70a6_c.jpg

53824832079_7c45715a9c_c.jpg

I waited way too long to go the first time thinking the Mopar Nationals in Columbus was the best show. Then I went to Carlisle in 2020 HOLY SMOKES!!! I'm not pulling the camper and staying in a campground this year BUT I am not going to miss it. Getting up at 4 am and driving there 200 miles hanging out for the day and driving home when I've had my fill.
I did the round-trip-in-one-day thing once or twice when I was in my 20s and had no money and I don't recommend it at all. Stay in a hotel after the meet, you will be glad you did. I know it's an extra cost but it's better than the alternative. I know the turnpike and/or 80 between Carlisle and Pittsburgh very well my F.I.L. was from Beaver Falls - it's long and boring and not always well lit depending on where you are and at what time.

Think about it - getting up at 4:00 AM, driving 200 mi., being out in the sun all day walking miles on end then driving another 200 mi. would wipe even the strongest person out. You may not realize it but getting back in the car after a day like that is like driving drunk. You'd definitely be fatigue-impaired and would be putting yourself and others at risk by doing that. I'm not a goody-too-shoes either, it's just good sense. Red Bull ain't gonna help much either, you'll crash even faster when the sugar rush wears off.

Besides, people hang at the hotels after the show too, so it's not like the day just ends. Just something to think about. Do whatchya gotta do but be safe.

-
Back