Chrysler brings back the Dodge Dart

-
First they ruin the charger name by making it a FOUR door and Now they srew up the Dart name by having 3 of 4 engine choices made by Fiat.

First they ruin the charger name by making it a FOUR door and Now they srew up the Dart name by having 3 of 4 engine choices made by Fiat.

Fiat doesn't make the engines for the Dart, they are all machined and built in the Chrysler Dundee plant in Dundee Michigan.
As for screwing up the Charger, I'd put an SRT8 Charger up against any stock Charger ever built and it will smoke it hands down in any test. 1/4 mile, flying mile, handling, braking, and saftey.
As for the Dart, well......They were crappy little economy that were cheap and got you from point A to point B. Hmmmm, not much has changed, except the crappy part. Now you don't have to worry about your torsion bar mounts rusting away by 80,000 miles.

Sorry, the new stuff is better. My 2.4 liter 4 banger Jeep runs the same times as my 318 Dart did and is 400 LBS heavier. (both stock)

I like it. Economical sleek with good lines. IMO its better then that NEON they have been putting out for the last decade or so.

Fiat doesn't make the engines for the Dart, they are all machined and built in the Chrysler Dundee plant in Dundee Michigan.
As for screwing up the Charger, I'd put an SRT8 Charger up against any stock Charger ever built and it will smoke it hands down in any test. 1/4 mile, flying mile, handling, braking, and saftey.
As for the Dart, well......They were crappy little economy that were cheap and got you from point A to point B. Hmmmm, not much has changed, except the crappy part. Now you don't have to worry about your torsion bar mounts rusting away by 80,000 miles.

Sorry, the new stuff is better. My 2.4 liter 4 banger Jeep runs the same times as my 318 Dart did and is 400 LBS heavier. (both stock)

I said nothing about the performance of the charger. I'm saying they screwed it in the looks department dont get me wrong they look good for a FOUR door. Wasnt it supposed to look like an old charger like the new challenger looks like the old challengers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont remember them making a FOUR door charger way back when.

I said nothing about the performance aint there it is definately there. I'm saying they screwed it in the looks department dont get me wrong they look good for a FOUR door. Wasnt it supposed to look like an old charger like the new challenger looks like the old challengers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont remember them making a FOUR door charger way back when.

I've always said the new charger SHOULD have been called the coronet@!

I have been a supporter of the new Dart since this thread started, but since we're talking about the Charger now... Even I agree they probably should've called it a Coronet.. But at this point the 4 door Charger has kind of grown on me.. It took a giant leap in the right direction when they put the indents in the doors, and changed the tail lights and tail panel somewhat.. Def made it a mean looking 4 door LOL .. I still wish they would produce a 2 door version..

Marketing. No one knows what a Coronet is anymore. Most people know what a Charger is (was).

Can't look at it through an enthusiast's eyes, have to look at the modern market and marketing approach.

Marketing. No one knows what a Coronet is anymore. Most people know what a Charger is (was).

Can't look at it through an enthusiast's eyes, have to look at the modern market and marketing approach.

and it wasn't a 4 door. :)

Someone p
Ease photoshop a picture of Joe Dirt standing next to that new Dart with a look of disdain on his face.

I hate to be just another whiner in the thread, but yeah. Not super excited. :| It's just another bland, plastic, modern styled car, that they put a new badge on. I don't like classic cars because of their names. *sigh*

Even if they kept it 4-door, 4-banger... I don't get why, when their challengers are so popular, they don't add a little retro styling to more of their line-up.

more fuel to the fire what about when they used the dodge omni for the charger they kept it a 2dr, maybe mopar will get back in touch with hurst and have them put the new hemis in 50 of them

and it wasn't a 4 door. :)

LOL... true. If they were going to use the name Coronet nowadays, they may as well just come up with a random name like the Dodge Podge. It would ring just as nostalgic for most people as Coronet would.

I'd have liked to have seen a 2-door Charger too, but the way they did it (4-door), it allows a lot more husbands to convince their soccer-mom wives to buy a Charger instead of a mini-van.

I don't know that there's enough of a market for more 2-door V8 powered unpractical-in-modern-times cars. The Challenger fills that niche for Chrysler today. There's just not a lot of people interested in 2-door mid-size cars in the 21st century.

I read a Car and Driver review of the new Dart. They seem to like everything about it saying it's a real "drivers car".

They also mentioned that the very first Dart was a 1956 concept car constructed by Italian, Carrozzeria Ghia.

I thought I knew my Dart's but I missed this one...

05-tn.jpg

11-tn.jpg

To me the new Dart looks like a Corolla, or any of a half dozen other nondescript econo-boxes:dontknow:

The article also mentions an SRT in the works for '14.

Ya I cant say I eould give the new Dart top marks in appearance,but I do feel it a product that can help put chrysler back in the game. Most folks want a good handling,great fuel economy passenger car.

It's not a musclecar,that's for sure.

Ya I cant say I eould give the new Dart top marks in appearance,but I do feel it a product that can help put chrysler back in the game. Most folks want a good handling,great fuel economy passenger car.

It's not a musclecar,that's for sure.

It will be in 2013 when they offer the 300 HP version.:finga:

\\:D/ 300 h.p makes it a pocket rocket! Still wont be a muscle car,it's fwd.

-
Back