cleaning a toilet help needed!

-
pumice stone will get it clean
Ajax and brush once a week and a few times a year with the pumice store.
My water here is notoriously bad for stains.
The garage toilet needs a going over and mat take 2 stones.

Screenshot_20241013-175029_Chrome.jpg

I give third suggestion on using a Pumice Stone.

I run the cleaning contract for 231 buildings on an Air Force Base. We go through boxes of Pumice stones every week.

It's a little work, but with only one toilet it won't be bad. You could throw some Barkeepers Friend on the surface as you are cleaning it. Keep the stone wet.

If ya know anyone that drives a concrete mixer truck, they should have access to an acid based cleaning agent. Swimming pool owners have acid for their pool lying around.

Muratic acid is available at farm stores , pool stores , Home depot , Lowes , etc…. But you will be 1/3 the way to a new basin .
Go buy a 6 pack of Coca Cola , a fifth of Bacardi and a new toilet.

Muratic acid is available at farm stores , pool stores , Home depot , Lowes , etc…. But you will be 1/3 the way to a new basin .
Go buy a 6 pack of Coca Cola , a fifth of Bacardi and a new toilet.
Yes,
That and Muriatic Acid is nasty stuff. I used to use it in my pool. Now there are less nasty options available.

Regardless of what cleaner you use, turn the water off to the stool, and flush the stool as normal, to get as much water out of it as possible. This will keep from diluting the cleaner.

I had the same issue. Used a regular toilet cleaner and some CLR. It took a few days, and multiple tries, but got it clean.

In the future, clean it more often to prevent this issue.

You guys are way over thinking it.

Go to Walmart and get a jug of CLR.

Its cheap, No scrub and you wont gas your family while using it,

Ajax and brush once a week and a few times a year with the pumice store.
My water here is notoriously bad for stains.
The garage toilet needs a going over and mat take 2 stones.
I dont understand using a pumice stone, isnt that rather coarse to use on porcelain, wont it scratch the hell out of it??

I have bad water also. Iron Out works miracles. And that muriatic acid is really bad stuff just a sniff will take your breath away.

Muriatic acid IS some nasty stuff! I use it in our pool. Anytime I dump some in, I make sure to not have my beak over it as it WILL clear your sinuses! And I always wear safety glasses in case it splashes. It works/does it's job but it is some strong stuff. Get it at a pool store for about $14/gallon.

I dont understand using a pumice stone, isnt that rather coarse to use on porcelain, wont it scratch the hell out of it??

They are made for cleaning porcelain and won't create scratches. We'll, not any you can see with the eye. We use them all the them on toilets, sinks and urinals every day.

Oops, attack my garage toilet.

The scour stick/pumice stone will not harm the porcelain as far as I know. I've used it at home and in rental properties to make the toilets look like new.

I do use a brush and cleanser 1st to get rid of stink as my nose will be in the bowl for the scrub.
5 -10 minutes with pumice will make you a believer imo.

-
Back