cleaning a toilet help needed!

-
We talk about a lot of things here but I have never seen toilet cleaning discussions. :BangHead: :rofl::rofl:

Seriously, plug it with a buncha cloths or some such, and fill as poss with . . . Coca-Cola. ( Service Station and landlord Hi-Tech)
Leave it a week, top it up as nec.
Works on urinals too .

20211203_185944.jpg

thick brown stains, a green scrub pad/comet wouldn't even touch it. what do I try next. thank you for your time. RR
Those are rust stains and mineral deposits. You need to dissolve them with an acid.

Try pouring a cup or two of vinegar (acetic acid) in there and let it sit for a few hours. If that isn’t enough then flush it clean and get some CLR from the hardware store and follow the directions.

BTW, Coke is a very weak phosphoric acid solution and isn’t going to do much on heavy build-up.

https://www.amazon.com/CLR-Calcium-Remover-Biodegradable-Bottle/dp/B07HLW1HNK?tag=fabo03-20

Seriously, plug it with a buncha cloths or some such, and fill as poss with . . . Coca-Cola. ( Service Station and landlord Hi-Tech)
Leave it a week, top it up as nec.
Works on urinals too .
Yup, that's a solution of phosphoric acid. Citric acid works better/faster, esp in strong solution heated up to boiling.

Some of these are public washrooms, and leaving a harsh chemical to stew isn't really safe, with kids and all.
Coke was a pleasant, safe surprise.
Old dude at "janitorial" supply store suggested it .

I've had good luck with this.
Terlet Cleaner
We have very hard water and it seems to work well. Still scrubbing involved, of course.

I would just buy a new one. By the time you buy various potions and spend hours scrubbing you will be further ahead with new .

I gotta second what Mr. Ddaddy said. But, I would try the CokalaCola first. Then CLR and/or vinegar. I use Iron Out too.
You can get stronger vinegar too, like 45% strength. I have well water like that that. Mine is loaded with ferris iron, ferric iron, mixed with very hard water. Any harder it would be ice.

-
Back