Clutch master for 6spds

-

Boony405hp

Reaction score
Hey lads,

What is everyone using for a clutch master cylinder for any 6spd conversions. I have the factory challenger 6spd. I even have a factory clutch master cylinder, they have a pretty short throw on them. If I was to put it in the same place or more importantly place it on the factory valiant pedals so it has the same pedal ratio as the factory challenger this should work fine?

You have to get the ratio right. On mine it is a hair over 2" below the pedal pivot for the ideal slave travel.

I pretty much copied 72BBSwinger's setup. You can find it in the 4 speed thread I believe. 7/8" master placed in the lower rearward hole of the factory pedal once you drill out the spot welds that hold the arm to the pedal. Hopefully you'll see what I mean when you look at the pedal, but basically there's a piece spot welded on in four places that connects to the factory linkage. I used one of the spot weld locations (rear lower when installed in car) as my pickup point for the master. Gives a pretty straight throw and nice pedal feel for me at least. Mine took a fair amount of stroke to get dialed in, but nothing too hard to figure out.

Am I correct in saying when going to a hydraulic setup you can remove the overcenter spring?

If so do you need any form of return spring or does the hydraulic pressure push the pedal back to it's resting position?

-
Back