Colorado Burning Again!

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
So, it's been nearly a year...to the week....since the Waldo Canyon Fire burnt homes and came into the city of Colorado Springs and low and behold, another one starts up on the North side of town at around 2pm today! :(
Fire is burning in the Black Forest community and had already burned as many as 40-60 homes/buildings. The wind has been a big factor as well. Over 2000 homes have been evacuated and the smoke plume reached as far as Limon which is 70 mi away!

What really irks me is that there are several MAFS on Peterson AFB that are equipped and ready to go but there they sit....the news said it takes practically an act of congress to get em in the air....our hard tax $$$ at work. You have taxpayers homes burning while the very equipment they help fund, sits on the tarmac....def something wrong with this picture.

Also, there was a fire started at the Royal Gorge Bridge. It was at 400 acres around 5pm and is now at over 8000. Reports say the Bridge has been damaged by the flames and is currently being scorched by flames underneith.

There's also another one in the Le Vita area in Southern Colorado.

This state needs prayers and water!!

Pics from the park behind our apartment complex. The last pic is the plume from the Royal Gorge Bridge fire to the south.

Attachments

• IMG_0954.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0955.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0959.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0960.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0962.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0961.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 179
Dang, that sucks, we have been getting lots of rain here in MN, infact, a big thunderstorm is about to hit us now, house is rumbling :glasses7:

Prayers sent for people in the path and be careful bud

Oddly I just got off the phone with my buddy after driving home from a job early yesterday afternoon and I said "Man, this is bad, bad weather for fire danger, no open camp fires..". I walk in the house, turn on the TV and whoa!

Like you say, we could use a couple of soakers without lightning. My heart goes out to those who have lost their homes, I can't even imagine how I'd feel, how tragic.

It's all over the news here, I hope the wind slows down and a good couple ta three day rain hits the area very soon :prayer:

Sad! I know it's dry at my house and the widn was gusting yesterday. Calm and 42 degrees on the way to work at 5:30.

The news is reporting that the military tanker planes are now fighting the fire. Let's hope the news has it correct.

According to the news, they were supposed to be up around 7 this morning but I haven't heard or seen anything yet. However, the plume is no longer and the smoke is just spreading everywhere....so maybe they're gettin er out.

My wife works close to one of the evacuation zones and ended up having to leave due to smoke inhalation and go to the doctor. Had to use a nebulizer and get two different inhalers. She has asthma but it hasn't acted up since she was in high school until today.

According to the news, they were supposed to be up around 7 this morning but I haven't heard or seen anything yet. However, the plume is no longer and the smoke is just spreading everywhere....so maybe they're gettin er out.

My wife works close to one of the evacuation zones and ended up having to leave due to smoke inhalation and go to the doctor. Had to use a nebulizer and get two different inhalers. She has asthma but it hasn't acted up since she was in high school until today.

Glad to hear the plume is no longer. Prayers for your wife also.

Thanks, but I guess I've spoken too soon. Reports now say that the plume is growing up again which means it's getting hotter and the fire is taking off again. :(
I did learn that a friend of mine from church, a detective for the county sheriffs office, house actually made it through it. Unfortunately, his was the only one in that particular neighborhood. The others around it burnt.

Sister in law's brother was evacuated yesterday and does not expect to ever see his house again. Family is evacuating mom in law right now. This sucks the big fat hairy one!

Sister in law's brother was evacuated yesterday and does not expect to ever see his house again. Family is evacuating mom in law right now. This sucks the big fat hairy one!

They were showing helicopter close-ups of people's homes burning to crisp. So incredibly sad to see. I pray your sister in-law's brother's home made it. It such a beautiful area up there.

The smoke is bad here in Lakewood from one of the fires. It smells like burning rubber and wood mixed together. :( I don't know if it's from the Big Meadow fire in Rocky Mountain National Park but man, my eyes are burning... and I'm a smoker..

His house is not on the list of total losses but others on the same street are. Channel 5 just showed fire reaching a house and it took off like a farmers match. Scary stuff.

Tanker overhead. I'll try to get a better one later. They seem to be coming over twice an hour, most likely to RMNP.

Attachments

• IMG_1168.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 121
His house is not on the list of total losses but others on the same street are. Channel 5 just showed fire reaching a house and it took off like a farmers match. Scary stuff.

Good to hear and yes, scary as hell. Thank God I'm not close.

Stay safe down there. Just saw on the news, they now have a DC 10 that can Cary 13000 gallons at a shot.

Photos taken by air of Black Forest fire.....courtesy of Denver Post.

Attachments

• fire1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 129
  • fire2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 114
  • fire3.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 121
  • fire4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 127
  • fire5.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 128
  • fire6.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 124
  • fire7.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 131
  • fire8.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 127
More.

Attachments

• fire9.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 121
  • fire10.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 126
  • fire11.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 129
  • fire12.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 111
  • fire13.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 117
The smoke is bad here in Lakewood from one of the fires. It smells like burning rubber and wood mixed together. :( I don't know if it's from the Big Meadow fire in Rocky Mountain National Park but man, my eyes are burning...

Uh huh.

Yeah, it's all the way from down south up here. Smelled terrible on my way home from work, in Littleton.

I got home and saw a moth come in, only to start twitching and die on my kidney table. That's never a good sign.

I've got the swamp cooler running full, which works as a water filter for that junk. The house doesn't smell like outside.

If you've got an evap cooler like that, use it. It helps clean the air.

I may change the filter this weekend if it's stopped.

I wonder what started this?

-
Back