Colorado Burning Again!

-
the Pueblo Cheiftain had a pic of the visitor center at the royal Gorge totally burnt down.

im so sad .....i used to go to the Royal Gorge every year and ride across the bridge......i even used to get the summer passes ......its never going to be the same.

dang dang ....this is bad......i almost feel like crying over the whole thing.....all those ppl who lost their homes. this is a bad experience to know about.

I hear you there Rani. Some of you might remember I lived in Canon City for a little over ten years and pretty much finished growing up there. Every summer I'd work at the tourist trap right before you get to the Royal Gorge Bridge, Buckskin Joe (site of famous westerns like True Grit -- the snake pit is real by the way -- The Cowboys with John Wayne [his horse Hondo was my 'daily driver' then :-D], Cat Ballou, Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox, The Sacketts, and a bunch of others) taking Texans on trail rides and trying to keep them away from the rattlesnakes.

So many memories ... and still can't get ahold of my mother. Her phone doesn't accept texts either. I'm just trying to stay positive and hope for the best because there's not much else I can do from here.

Best wishes to those who've lost so much.

Update: Black Forest fire is now 85% contained and a reported 509 homes gone.

Now all of a sudden there are 4 more fires up and burning here in Colorado which equals a total of 7 or 8 now :(

I hear you there Rani. Some of you might remember I lived in Canon City for a little over ten years and pretty much finished growing up there. Every summer I'd work at the tourist trap right before you get to the Royal Gorge Bridge, Buckskin Joe (site of famous westerns like True Grit -- the snake pit is real by the way -- The Cowboys with John Wayne [his horse Hondo was my 'daily driver' then :-D], Cat Ballou, Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox, The Sacketts, and a bunch of others) taking Texans on trail rides and trying to keep them away from the rattlesnakes.

So many memories ... and still can't get ahold of my mother. Her phone doesn't accept texts either. I'm just trying to stay positive and hope for the best because there's not much else I can do from here.

Best wishes to those who've lost so much.

I'm hoping you eventually go a hold of your mother????

-
Back