Colorado Burning Again!

-
man, jeremy, i can't believe the whole denver area is just fogged out w/smoke.........
prayers sent out to all u south fabo members around the fires, i pray that they'll will get control of this thing soon.....
higgs

More pics.

Attachments

• fire14.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 117
  • fire15.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 137
  • fire16.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 113
  • fire17.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 126
  • fire19.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 113
  • fire18.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 120
Fort Carson is helping with some helicopters as well.
Here is a pic of the firefighter who rescued a 2week old fawn who was tangled in fencing wire.

Attachments

• babydeer.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 138
Uh huh.

Yeah, it's all the way from down south up here. Smelled terrible on my way home from work, in Littleton.

I got home and saw a moth come in, only to start twitching and die on my kidney table. That's never a good sign.

I've got the swamp cooler running full, which works as a water filter for that junk. The house doesn't smell like outside.

If you've got an evap cooler like that, use it. It helps clean the air.

I may change the filter this weekend if it's stopped.

I wonder what started this?

Insects dropping out of the air is not good. No swamp cooler, but I have AC. The house is pretty good, but today is my watering day, so I need to be outside to move stuff (sprinklers) around.

I think I heard the Big Meadow Fire (RMNP) was lightning. I haven't heard about the Black Forest, La Veta or Royal Gorge fires yet.

I would really think about what the best anti-fire building materials were if I built in those areas. Not that it would matter in a wild fire but I would hope it might.

I think I heard the Big Meadow Fire (RMNP) was lightning. I haven't heard about the Black Forest, La Veta or Royal Gorge fires yet.

So far that's what the news weathercaster is saying it may be for all of them as there were lightning strikes in all the areas just a few days ago. They think it's a case of the smouldering tree taking off.

So far that's what the news weathercaster is saying it may be for all of them as there were lightning strikes in all the areas just a few days ago. They think it's a case of the smouldering tree taking off.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit. Thanks for the pictures too.

I hate that for the people and prayers are sent:wack:
but On the Other Hand Wished I Was There Making Me Some Mopar Money
I'm a Part Time Wildland Firefighter

You're welcome ramcharger. I can't help but think of all the animals both wild and domestic that didn't make it.
One of my wife's friends are hoping that their cat made it through as it escaped from the pet taxi when they were putting it in and it ran off. Their house didn't make it.

So far it's over 12,000acres and we've heard nothing about containment....so as far as anyone knows, it's still completely out of control! Has burnt a reported 92 homes.

I hate that for the people and prayers are sent:wack:
but On the Other Hand Wished I Was There Making Me Some Mopar Money
I'm a Part Time Wildland Firefighter

Thank goodness for guys like you.

You're welcome ramcharger. I can't help but think of all the animals both wild and domestic that didn't make it.
One of my wife's friends are hoping that their cat made it through as it escaped from the pet taxi when they were putting it in and it ran off. Their house didn't make it.

So far it's over 12,000acres and we've heard nothing about containment....so as far as anyone knows, it's still completely out of control! Has burnt a reported 92 homes.

Yeah man, I was thinking of all the horse ranches up there.. Of course, everyone has a dog and mouser cat even if they don't have a barn. Deer, Elk, Cougar, etc.

The news just reported that it's at 0% containment and that there was a family on one of the roads asking for help to get their 30 horses and 9 dogs out! Hopefully they get to them in time.

As of this morning and now it's still 0% contained.

So far a total of 362 Homes completely gone as of this morning!!! Thats over 260 homes in just last night!! Frickin crazy!!

It's now headed North to Monument. Mandatory evac to Baptist Road now.

Just found 2 bodies.
They were apparently on the phone with friends getting ready to leave. Found them with the garage doors apparently up and car doors open.
Friends said they were talking to them then all of a sudden nothing...just popping noises.
Must've been a heck of a fire storm rush in on them.
Prayers for their families.

Just found 2 bodies.
They were apparently on the phone with friends getting ready to leave. Found them with the garage doors apparently up and car doors open.
Friends said they were talking to them then all of a sudden nothing...just popping noises.
Must've been a heck of a fire storm rush in on them.
Prayers for their families.

Too bad there has been loss of life. More prayers.

i am about an hour and forty minutes east of Canon city and all day there have been eastbound winds and it started out a clear day and this evening after some nasty wind gusts there is a very strong haze in the sky .....i cant help but think this is from the fire ....its not raining and this is not normal ......this is very sad whats happening to our state.

Attachments

• CIMG2718.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 80
  • CIMG2719.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 82
  • CIMG2721.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 79
Reported this evening that over 400 homes are gone. But last I checked it was 30% contained. Also had a little bit of rain come in and help a little too!

Geez ... I wish I'd hear from my mom. She's about 8 miles from the Royal Gorge. Calls aren't going through.

I think the command centers are asking that people text rather than call because it will back the lines up and then they can't do what they need to do. Well, that's what they were saying on the news anyway.
Hope you can reach her soon.

the Pueblo Cheiftain had a pic of the visitor center at the royal Gorge totally burnt down.

im so sad .....i used to go to the Royal Gorge every year and ride across the bridge......i even used to get the summer passes ......its never going to be the same.

dang dang ....this is bad......i almost feel like crying over the whole thing.....all those ppl who lost their homes. this is a bad experience to know about.

-
Back