Cooper Cobra vs BFG Ta's on 2nd gen cuda

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all, what's your opinion/comparison on these 2 different tires? I currently have 15" BFG on Cragar 5 spokes and love the looks, but I got a pair of 15" steelies for a different look, and will add dog dishes also.
It's almost $40 a tire cheaper for Cobras?
I still need to find steelies for the front, kinda look silly with steelies on the back and Cragars on front.
Thanks
Steve

They're about the same. I've run both and they are very comparable. I think the Coopers ride a little better. But that's also why they don't last as long. They have a little softer rubber compound. I've never cared much for the Goodrich tires. Their tread compound is almost like plastic. It lasts a little longer, but it rides kinda harsh in comparison. That's been my direct experience with Kitty's Escape. Right now I have some General Grabber AT2s on it and it really rides good and they're lasting a long time.

I have had cooper cobras on my dart since 2017, they drive nice.

My only complaint is the tread looks like a snow tire, very aggressive.

I have between 7,000 and 20,000 miles on them.

And there is a ton of tread. At this rate they will time out before the wear out.

I've had mine on their for 12 years. ZERO issues and look awesome.
They are 17 yr old tires lol. No timing out on these...
bfgs suck

20240912_225402.jpg

Coopers have better traction in all conditions, dry, wet, wet grass, etc.

BFG = basically friggen garbage. Those brown letters really seal the deal on these turds. They are not a top quality tire. I could never understand the entire car hobby and their love affair with the TA Radial. When I buy a car with them on I give them a try for a while and when I change them out I'm much happier With the car.

Their truck tires are better quality

They are 17 yr old tires lol. No timing out on these
That's what the guy at PPIR said when he left the house but not what he said when the front blew out at interstate speeds.

The top of his fender looked like it had mumps.

The front and rear of the fender were folded under.

But I'm sure yours will be fine!

:poke::poke::poke::poke:

:rofl:

What's your tag line? :poke: :rofl:
17 year old tires, not a single check mark.
That's what the guy at PPIR said when he left the house but not what he said when the front blew out at interstate speeds.

The top of his fender looked like it had mumps.

The front and rear of the fender were folded under.

But I'm sure yours will be fine!

:poke::poke::poke::poke:

:rofl:

Apparently it's not the outside it's the cords and bands bond to the rubber that ages out

My Cobras are black out on B-body. But that depends entirely on car and rims. (Plus advertising "Cobra" is not entirely "Old School." Lol.)

So sorry, not much help.

Driver sidel.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Cojo, the GTX looks beautiful!
I'm trying to figure out a "good look" with steelies and dog dishes. I bought the steelies that came with Nitto Drags and I'm selling those, so I may as well get new tires installed while they're removing Nittos.
I've heard and seen those tires Rob, but no experience with them, thanks for bringing them up.
My Cobras are black out on B-body. But that depends entirely on car and rims. (Plus advertising "Cobra" is not entirely "Old School." Lol.)

So sorry, not much help.

View attachment 1716302563

I have these on Vixen.
[/URL]
I cannot brag on them enough. Low cost, they ride great, handle well and are wearing fantastic. They are good tires.
View attachment 1716302564

This is Tony' Field's cuda, his vision sold me on steelies and dog dishes. He was one helluva great guy here, sorry to have never met.
And another decision to make...black out or letters out...
RIP Tony

HotRodPic.jpg

ComingHome02 (Medium).jpg

ComingHome03 (Medium).jpg

CudaSuds (Medium).jpg

This is Tony' Field's cuda, his vision sold me on steelies and dog dishes. He was one helluva great guy here, sorry to have never met.
And another decision to make...black out or letters out...
RIP Tony

View attachment 1716302568

View attachment 1716302569

View attachment 1716302570

View attachment 1716302571
That was one cool cat and car. I am honored to have met both him and Thelma. I also got to drive that car right down Riverside Drive in Macon at lunch rush with Tony in the passenger's seat hollerin "Stomp it, Rusty!" lol

That's awesome. Man he was so even keel/level headed on here. A genuine good guy. Very cool to meet him and Thelma AND drive the car. Do you know who ended up buying it?
That was one cool cat and car. I am honored to have met both him and Thelma. I also got to drive that car right down Riverside Drive in Macon at lunch rush with Tony in the passenger's seat hollerin "Stomp it, Rusty!" lol

-
Back