Cooper Cobra vs BFG Ta's on 2nd gen cuda

-
Any of you guys riding on tires over 6-7 years old. Please keep it under 50 mph unless you like to do bodywork.
They may look good but high rpms on an old tires will take the tread right off. Its whats inside the tire that counts. Not how many cracks you can see.
Just 40+ years of tire experience and thousands of separated tires that I have seen. All brands. All tires have the same construction just different tread patterns and rubber compound differences.
Check your tires DOT number if the last 4 numbers are older than 0916 , like 0816, 0716 etc. keep it i the neighborhood or get a new set to be safe for not just you but anyone who is driving near you.

Tire Age - How Old Tires Deteriorate Over Time.

10 year old tire.. i didn't realize it was so old at the time.. i should have paid attention to the date codes on it. tire looked brand bew, nr scuffs or anything.. blew out on the garden state parkway going 70 mph or so.. i just put new tires on the dart.. the tire guy thought i was nutc because the kuhmo's on it looked brand new but they were from 2015ish.. i wasn't taking a chance with tire that old... some kid bought them cheap as hell to beat on..

dart blowout.jpg

Mind a suggestion? Look at Mickey Thompsons....
I just did that excercise here in UK....

275/60R15's

Cooper's - $300 each
MT's - $340 each

Wouldve gone with the MT's but got a deal on a pair of new Coopers at $185 each

I'm a huge proponent of Steelies and dog dishes.. I use all General tires now. I've ran both the Firestone and the BFG's in raised white letter. The generals are superior in ride quality, handling and longevity.

1726233561037.png

I like the BFG's better. I think it's a better looking tire, and they last with great traction. Don't like the tread as much on the Cobras

Thanks guys anyone got Cooper pics on cuda?
Both are 4 spd. Cuda has Cooper 275's. Demon had BFGs when it was purchased. Our road out front is a launch pad. The Coopers lay down black rubber marks that stick and last. The BFG's lay down powder you can sweep up. Unless you get them Sizzling with smoke then the marks last until the next rain storm. But the BFG's will do wheelies in the dirt. LOL.

The only reason to buy BFG's is for the cool looking white letters and the wheelies. First set of coopers we had and I like them. Usually run Hoosier Quick Time Pros .

100_0129.JPG

20170910_144353.jpg

20171022_152731 (2).jpg

+1 for the Coopers over the BFGs. I had BFGs on my Dart and replaced them with Coopers about 4 years ago. Like @RustyRatRod said, the Coopers are a bit softer and seem to wear out more quickly, and the grip is slightly better. But for most of us they'll age out before the tread is gone.

I just wish some tire manufacturer would make a 14" tire that even approaches the performance side of things. Obviously something with a 6 inch sidewall isn't going to perform like 20 inch diameter Pirelli P Zeros, but the BFGs and Coopers are just basic all season tires. 95% of people running 14 inch tires are not running them in the snow or even in the rain, so we don't need tires that work in all seasons. I guess I'm ranting more for my 85 Supra as opposed to my 70 Dart. I'm not thrashing the Dart into corners very often, but the Supra handles corners shockingly well for a car with 14 inch tires and a fairly compliant ride. The tires give up before anything else, especially in a corner with the pedal down.

+1 for the Coopers over the BFGs. I had BFGs on my Dart and replaced them with Coopers about 4 years ago. Like @RustyRatRod said, the Coopers are a bit softer and seem to wear out more quickly, and the grip is slightly better. But for most of us they'll age out before the tread is gone.

I just wish some tire manufacturer would make a 14" tire that even approaches the performance side of things. Obviously something with a 6 inch sidewall isn't going to perform like 20 inch diameter Pirelli P Zeros, but the BFGs and Coopers are just basic all season tires. 95% of people running 14 inch tires are not running them in the snow or even in the rain, so we don't need tires that work in all seasons. I guess I'm ranting more for my 85 Supra as opposed to my 70 Dart. I'm not thrashing the Dart into corners very often, but the Supra handles corners shockingly well for a car with 14 inch tires and a fairly compliant ride. The tires give up before anything else, especially in a corner with the pedal down.
You know what I want? I want Goodyear to bring back the Eagle ST. Although they were pretty hard much like the BFG tires. I also want tire manufacturers to bring back the outlined white letters. They looked really tough on muscle cars and hot rods.

isn't the BF sold by cocker these days at a stupid price? then you are getting yellow letters instead of white.
Coker sells them, yes, but most other places do too including Summit. And yeah, their letters certainly don't stay white.

Gotta love the A60 Supra’s (and Celica GT-S) with the 225/60/14 tires. The drivers seat in them are one of the most comfortable too!

-
Back