Country Roads, take me home...

-
nnice to look at but i perfer the green pics up above if i had to be there loll

Here are some road trip pictures from the Blizzard of December 16, 2009 in my home town of Clay, West Virginia. I won't be driving in this kind of conditions any time soon, again that's for sure, even if I was in my Dad's truck. Be careful out there. They got 18 inches of the white $hit in one night and it knocked out power for the region for most up to a week; for others they had no electric over 3 weeks

IvydaleRd.02.jpg

IvydaleRd.03.jpg

River road below Ivydale.08.jpg

River road below IvydaleRd.04.jpg

IvydaleRd.02.jpg

IvydaleRd.03.jpg

River road below Ivydale.08.jpg

River road below IvydaleRd.04.jpg

I`ve been out walking the dog around the wetlands. It`s warm weather again, I mean warm, right at 90* today. The critters are out in full force, today we came across two black rat snakes and these two Box turtles that my dog Wilson sniffed out. Funny thing is that Wilson found them yesterday, when we returned today they were still at it. Sex for 24 hours? No wonder they move so slow.

DSCN0224 (Small).JPG

We took a little trip to the beach today. These are from Grandview Island on the Chesapeake Bay. Wilson and I walked down :walk: to what was once a lighthouse. A hurricane blew it down and only the foundation remains. The weather was beautiful! Here are a few pics of my dog Wilson having a good time playing in the water, tearing up seaweed, and meeting a ghost crab for the first time. From the beach we went to McDonalds where we had ice cream, :icescrea: and then we had to swing by the park to see if Wilson`s girlfriend Mya :love9: was there and BINGO! It was a great day for Wilson. :cheers: Yeah, it was fun for me too. :D:

DSCN0273.jpg

DSCN0275.jpg

DSCN0278.jpg

DSCN0279.jpg

DSCN0282.jpg

DSCN0284.jpg

DSCN0289.jpg

DSCN0285.jpg

It`s that time again for a country roads thread update. I had a chance to get away for the weekend so me and some friends headed up to the Shenandoah National Park. We stayed in the valley in an old train caboose that was converted into an efficiency. The color of the foliage in the valley was still beautiful but up on the Skyline Drive the trees were practically bare. We did a couple hikes over the weekend, one that was down to a waterfall and another to a mountain summit. It was the last chance this season to do something like this before the weather changes and we had a great time. Here`s some pics of the trip.

Attachments

• DSCN0662.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN0658.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN0696.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN0666.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN0672.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN0683.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0687.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 79
I,d like to sit on the side of that crick with a cane pole and a fatty and just let the day drift by.

I,d like to sit on the side of that crick with a cane pole and a fatty and just let the day drift by.
I'd join ya brother!

It's supposed to snow tonight... took one last picture of Mom and Dad's driveway before it all turns white...It's gonna be a white Thanksgiving here in the hills of West Virginia! :-D

View attachment before the snow.jpg

-
Back