Country Roads, take me home...

-
That sure is some good pictures you got Longgone =P~
I am glad to see that you have some nice country side close by.
Thanks for sharing :-D

Thanks Mike, nothing compares to the beauty of nature. There`s a few places around here that are just bangin` with color. It`s awesome!

I know all about it; I work there ;)

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

11-4-05Coronet1.jpg

Welcome LtDan, you are one lucky fellow to work there. I love the Triangle. I noticed you have an old Va. State Trooper car. I`ve probably met you if you`ve shown it at the Gloucester auto show in Guinea. I`m going to try to make it out to the show on Main Street on the 15th. Hope to see you there.

Im so Jealous, The best thing i have to compare to that living in Orange County CA is the beach... We have mountains not to far from us with some greenery and smaller animals but nothing like those pics. Truly AMAZING...

Quote by LTDan I know all about it; I work there =P~
I tried to get a job at one of three parks close by a few years back
and always wanted to work with the Arkansas Game and fish.
But it never happened Now I am a volunteer at our Nature center.
I have a green thumb and helped plant the bushes and trees.
Yes that Japanese Maple is one of my babies I helped get started.

2407918069_08ac592e3b.jpg

Thanks Mike, nothing compares to the beauty of nature. There`s a few places around here that are just bangin` with color. It`s awesome!

Welcome LtDan, you are one lucky fellow to work there. I love the Triangle. I noticed you have an old Va. State Trooper car. I`ve probably met you if you`ve shown it at the Gloucester auto show in Guinea. I`m going to try to make it out to the show on Main Street on the 15th. Hope to see you there.

thanks; yes that was me and this is the car (with the Mobjack Bay in the background)
000_0287.jpg

Ive seen your Dart at several shows before, pictures dont do it justice. Unfortunately, I will be out of town on the 15th (actually I didnt know there was a show going on that weekend?)

100_2886.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2884.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2883.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2882.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2881.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2879.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2877.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2875.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2872.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2871.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2868.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2866.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2865.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2861.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2858.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2856.jpg
[/IMG]

thanks; yes that was me and this is the car (with the Mobjack Bay in the background)

Ive seen your Dart at several shows before, pictures dont do it justice. Unfortunately, I will be out of town on the 15th (actually I didnt know there was a show going on that weekend?)

That`s the one ,very nice!

Thanks Dan, yeah the show is the "Shop with a cop show" and it`s specifically for collecting toys for local kids at Christmas. Entry fee is 10 dollars and a new toy with a $10.00 value. It`s a good cause and probably the last show of the year so I`m going to try to make it.

7172- nice pics of the country around you. That stone house is neat too!

I wanted to take a drive and check out the new alternator I put on this morning
This is the ridge I live on and my neighbors 1 mile west of me.
The road going home and up there some where is the home on the hill
in the last picture up the drive to the right :-D

country roads 001.jpg

country roads 015.jpg

country roads 013.jpg

country roads 016.jpg

country roads 017.jpg

country roads 018.jpg

Thank you for sharing MEmike! You live on a dirt road, I knew I liked you.O:)

Here is a couple of pictures I took this weekend. The first one is looking up at the mountain above the court house in my home town of Clay, West Virginia, where I was raised on a country dirt road. The second one is the small road leading up to the orchard above my parents home.
I have been making the trip to my parents home more frequently these past 2 weeks. My dad, fondly known as Buckshot, had a mini stroke last Tuesday and he is still in the hospital. My mom, Fonda, does not drive, so I either take her on the 175 mile round trip to the hospital, or just go and check up on her and the views there and back are ever changing.

insetcourthousecolor44.jpg

Orchard Path.jpg

insetcourthousecolor44.jpg

Orchard Path.jpg

If on the freeway this ol' mopar could have had me back home yesterday ...
yesterdaaaaaaayyy,
Wieird Al does John Denver ? LOL

I hope Buckshot "cool name" will be home soon and I pray for a full recovery
soon. Fonda :-D that is a beauty of a name and sounds very sweet.

every morning at 7 am and at 12 noon then at 6 pm I can hear the bells the nuns ring at the Holly angels convent were you see Victoria at in there drive way and as I am coming home in the forth picture they have all the land up to the white fence you can see on the left.
As promised I got a picture of blue mouton for your great thread, It is the first picture and here is two more

country roads 009.jpg

country roads 012.jpg

Well the leaves all came off this weekend with the rain and then eventually the snow...:angry7:

But, here are the last reminders of Mother Nature's last splash of color
before her winter nap..

FAll 08 Almost gone6.jpg

FAll 08 Fence.jpg

Snowy morning.jpg

First snow.JPG

FIELD TREE SNOW2008.jpg

FAll 08 Almost gone6.jpg

FAll 08 Fence.jpg

Snowy morning.jpg

First snow.JPG

FIELD TREE SNOW2008.jpg

Virginia sure is beautiful
As you can see we still have leave on the trees and all over the ground.
My first day of Bambie season was Saturday and it sounded like a thousand
guns was fired off here on the hill.
You sure got some good shots Xcptshnl1:cheers:

2222222222b 003.jpg

2222222222 005.jpg

Now that it's almost Christmas, I thought there might be some winter road trips a happening...Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go...
Snowy road.jpg

Dec08snow3.jpg

Dec08snow1.jpg

Dec08snow4.jpg

Any ski trips? Hunting trips or snow men out there?

:read2:

Snowy road.jpg

Dec08snow3.jpg

Dec08snow1.jpg

Dec08snow4.jpg

Snow is beautiful as long as I don`t have to shovel it. Lol! We haven`t gotten any snow here yet, the water tends to keep the temps up until we get deep into winter.

I am still on Treva's computer and I think I lost all of my pictures.

But I did find a picture of the hill from last year on it.

A great thread,:-D

pics 006.jpg

wow i need to get a camera lol colorado is beautiful to. but my favorite is beach or the ozarks driveing to hot springs arkansas when i was little is one of my favorite memories. just lookin out the window singing along with my dad to ray stevens and looking at the high rock walls on the sides of the road and the beautiful dense forests.

-
Back