Craigslist? What am I doing wrong?

-

69MOPE

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this problem? In the last 2 dozen or so CL adds I replied to, to purchase something, only 2 answered, some even on the first day listed.

I've had a mix of good and bad. Just yesterday I bought a Bogen tripod with a great big video fluid head for 150. This is less than the head alone costs new, 200. The combo, new, is nearly 400 bucks.

This did involve some phone/ email tag

I put an ad on the Macon craigslist about two weeks ago for 4 of our adult cats and the 4 kittens. Got a call wakin us up at 3:30 the next mornin. The guy said "I want all the cats". I said. Ok. He says You ever seen my web site "kitty ****.com?" I said a few choice words to him and slammed the phone down. At one time in my life, that mightta been funny, but right now, with Kitty workin her *** off and needin all the rest she can get, it was not. I think all some people live to do is "F" with others.

Oh and since then, we decided to keep all the cats. If we go down, it's gonna be all together.

I guess I've been lucky.I have sold stuff from one end of the country to the other on Craigs list and other than the companies wanting to list my house when I was selling it I had no problems at all.

yeah im about 50/50 also ive had stuff sell within a day for my asking price. now
im trying to sell a riding mower that runs,cuts and stops no calls whatsoever and
its been on there for a month.:banghead:

welcome to the craziness of craigslist.

You can flag an add for removal if you have the same for sale and it goes dead. Or if your interested and don't want others to see it. Or if you don't like the guy.

I'm 50/50 on selling.

More like 20/80 buying.

If someone really wants to sell....answer the F'n email!

...especially if you've relisted and relisted the same item!

Although I must admit, I've had more than a couple SMOKIN' good deals in that 20% success rate!

...and I LOVE:

"must sell this week"...and..."I know what it's worth...no lowball offers" in the same add.

Unfortunatly the dumbass to functional ratio on Cragslist is WAY out of balance.

Just got to put up with it if your going to use it.

...and I LOVE:

"must sell this week"...and..."I know what it's worth...no lowball offers" in the same add.
Then thay dont put a price . You call the number and think that its going to be priced right only to find out thay watch to much BJ lmao The last one I had was 64 dart 4 door . Needed ever thing (full of bondo ) (parts car) I called and the lady picked up the phone i asked how much .(I had seen the car up close ) She tells me 5000 bucks ! I told her thanks for her time we are too far apart ....... then i get this wate(her) Are you even going to make me an offer ? I told her no you will not like it . (her) Well go ahead . I told her that she has nothing but a parts car 400 tops ... She hung up on me lmao :cheers:. The ad had the price on it short time after that lol I posted it some where on here (years ago ) ....Now your thinking what happend to the car lol ...... Its still in the same spot its been in for the past 8 years that i know of lmao

Haven't had much luck on CL lately. I did manage a good barter last year. I traded a Marlin 22 mag for a complete disc brake setup for the 71 Demon out in the garage.

I've listed some specialty aviation maintenance tools and had no response whatsoever. As I've come to find out, tools of any kind aren't selling right now.

I buy and sell on CL pretty regularly and yeah, you have to deal with the crazies. One thing I've found is that sometimes when someone replies to my ad, it goes into my Spam folder. I NEVER list my phone number.

Craigslist is pollution to a site like this! I don't go there, don't buy there, dont sell there! I don't care what there buyin, don't care what there sellin! why expose yourself to that risk!!!!

Craigslist is pollution to a site like this! I don't go there, don't buy there, dont sell there! I don't care what there buyin, don't care what there sellin! why expose yourself to that risk!!!!

?Risk??? What "risk" is so specific to Craigslist?

Half the parts in the Dart including THE DART ITSELF came from Craigslist!!!!

my last 4 cars have came from CL , all GREAT deals. my engine hoist , countless other items like carbs and intakes ETC ETC , you are missing out my friend ...the only RISK is missing out on a good deal, once you weed through the flakes , there is GREAT stuff to be had for a fraction ... it isn't any worse than Eghey or any other site, crackheads are EVERYWHERE not just on CL

i just sold a couple old bikes today and the guy who came didn't low ball me and he said he has a 71 dodge dart roller for 800. he is part of the 50%.

There are risks when dealing with someone unknown. I'm sure the risks are very low but less than a month ago St. Louis news had a story about someone on Craigslist posting something for sale and someone contacted them wanting to meet them at a gas station to do the deal. When the seller drove up the guys were waiting to meet them and walked up to their car and opened fire on them. They did not know them, they also apparently didn't do it to rob them, just some jutjobs to shoot someone. The driver was hit but managed to get his truck in gear and burn rubber out of there quick enough that his wife and child weren't hit. Random shootings are on the rise in the US and nutjobs are using every opportunity to spread their terror. Am I saying only craigslist has this problem or is the leading website with this problem? No, but it is a growing problem. Does anyone remember Phillip Markoff?

-
Back