Cylinder Head Choice

-
I'm not sure it's "doing more with less", but more of "I want to work with what I have". There are 318's on the street faster than you think, but they are either on boost or bottle.
But it is less lol, less cubes that is and allot of guys want to do it that way. nothing wrong with that but if a guy truly wants a ten second streetable car than the price is miniscule to add some cid. I guess if a guy says he wants to use what he has (usually relates to money) but then wants to have a ten second street car it doesnt add up unless he just wants the challenge of smaller cubes etc.

they'll be crap loads of stuff to get your hands dirty on even if you're handed a brand new motor... That's only one part of a large puzzle...
but probably the most single piece that will carry over to many cars and pickups in having confidence that I can get it to run, and run good. Just my way of thinking is all

But it is less lol, less cubes that is and allot of guys want to do it that way. nothing wrong with that but if a guy truly wants a ten second streetable car than the price is miniscule to add some cid. I guess if a guy says he wants to use what he has (usually relates to money) but then wants to have a ten second street car it doesnt add up unless he just wants the challenge of smaller cubes etc.

Did you check your email????????????

I totally understand, it's easier with more cubes.

There are 318's on the street faster than you think, but they are either on boost or bottle.
I have seen plenty of fast small cube engines while street racing and that's why I mentioned nitrous. The most "streetable" cars had it.

I have seen plenty of fast small cube engines while street racing and that's why I mentioned nitrous. The most "streetable" cars had it.
yeah, I get it. build a quiet, mild 350 hp small block and hit it with a 200 shot and abra cadabra = 550 hp... LOL.

yeah, I get it. build a quiet, mild 350 hp small block and hit it with a 200 shot and abra cadabra = 550 hp... LOL.
Yep, allot of guys got their asses handed to them by a duster with 275 60 15 bfgs and a 340 with stock exhaust manifolds and a carter. The jig was up when he got 100 feet off the line, stock my *** lol.

but probably the most single piece that will carry over to many cars and pickups in having confidence that I can get it to run, and run good. Just my way of thinking is all
And that's why I was talking about a motor that's pre tuned pre dynoed the whole nine yards stick it in and turn the key and enjoy and work on all the other stuff around it they'll be plenty...

LOL there'll be pointing to fix the first time he nails that 485 horsepower blueprint engine to the floor lol..

LOL there'll be pointing to fix the first time he nails that 485 horsepower blueprint engine to the floor lol..
When I get a little old or tired of building my own, I'll be going by way of blueprint. I've actually given some thought to their 408 magnum short block for the '77 shorty van.

When I get a little old or tired of building my own, I'll be going by way of blueprint. I've actually given some thought to their 408 magnum short block for the '77 shorty van.
I gave that short block a look a couple months ago and they are out for the for the foreseeable future.. besides that I prefer the LA oiling through the rocker shafts and I believe rocker shafts are better...

You mean what?, since we both go by asshole if we call each other that it gets too confusing for our small minds so its just "whats going on" lol.
A few weeks ago I'm with a customer and on speakerphone I call up an old high school friend that works at a lineup shop to make an appointment for his car and when he figures out who it is he says "you effer!!"... When I got off the phone my customer was laughing and I was like what's up and he said something about what the guy called me and I didn't even hear him say that!.. in my mind it translated as long time no hear good friend.., lol...

I gave that short block a look a couple months ago and they are out for the for the foreseeable future.. besides that I prefer the LA oiling through the rocker shafts and I believe rocker shafts are better...
I like the rocker shafts better myself. However, pedestals aren't too bad, my Ram has over 290,*** miles. Also, if you buy the short block, you can put LA heads on it and use the rocker shafts.

I like the rocker shafts better myself. However, pedestals aren't too bad, my Ram has over 290,*** miles. Also, if you buy the short block, you can put LA heads on it and use the rocker shafts.
A high end block prep is $750..
A scat stroker kit is around $1500...

A high end block prep is $750..
A scat stroker kit is around $1500...
and blue print gets what, 2799 ?? A guy could go either way. Problem is, once I get my own block and kit, I'll end up doing it myself.. LOL. Can't seem to get away from it...

$2999.00 out of stock..
Have been and will be...
How does one run out of magnum blocks....????? Or maybe it's the scat kits.... IDK. Could I shell out 3k for a short block??? Probably not.. LOL, I'd end up throwing together another 372.46 318 :D

-
Back