dart 67 convertible

-

coronet69swede

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls.
I want to put back my mouldings on top of the fender, door and qourter panel. I have the mouldings but not any nuts, retainers, retainer w/seal, seals, or clips. Dont know how they look but i have some numbers from car parts catalog. Dont get any by searching the internet.
By now i have tried for almost a year. Anybody that can help???
I am desperet. Cant even get a picture of what i am searching for.

Best to you all.
Johan

Hi Guys and Girls.
I want to put back my mouldings on top of the fender, door and qourter panel. I have the mouldings but not any nuts, retainers, retainer w/seal, seals, or clips. Dont know how they look but i have some numbers from car parts catalog. Dont get any by searching the internet.

Best to you all.
Johan
I might be able to help you out. Send me a PM with your contact info plus phone number.

Hi Guys and Girls.

Best to you all.
Johan
Do you have a regular Dart or a Dart GT? The trim is different so I'm sure the clips are different. I believe I got the plastic clips for my 67 GT from R/T Specialties.

Hi. I have a gt car.
But i buy the moldings seperate. It is the one with flasher in the front. Did not know that there is different. Any help would be fantastic.

various trim levels, google 67 dart GT, 67 dart 270, 67 dart etc

Look at images

Thank for the link Dana67dart for retainer 6002182
missing these:
nut 1839995
retainer 6002210
seal 6024708
clip 6002224
searched all over. anybody at least have a picture???

Any chance you could come up with some photos of the parts. Or at least a description where the trim is.

The kit on the link should do the entire fender top trim from turn signal to trunk. There is another set of retainers for the rocker molding, there are like 9 per side. They are NOT reproduced. You could manufacture something to do he job
rocker clip.jpg

Last edited:
thumbnail_20191220_053715.jpg
thumbnail_20191220_053648.jpg

DMPS-9704-270271 Mopar 1967-69 Dodge Dart 1971-73 Dodge Charger Rocker Molding Clips - dantesparts.com
https://www.classicindustries.com/shop/1967/dodge/dart/parts/exterior-trim/moldings/rocker-moldings/
E-Body Parts and Restoration (Dodge, Plymouth, Mopar Restoration)

this is what i found out now. For the circular numbers i have the mouldings but
i am looking for the the nuts, retainers and seals.
I think the moparshop is the 6002182 but cant find the rest of them.
Picture. Size. Anything would be great
The Dantes and Classic parts i dont have at all and i think the Body side sill outside should be the wide one.
Rocker moulding = Body side sill outside??
I want to get it back to this:
thumbnail_20191220_060017.jpg

I got ya now. As for nuts, retainers and seals. None of it is reproduced. The nuts you might be able to find a suitable substitute.

The photo I posted is the rocker molding retainer. The rocker molding is about 3 inches wide by 7 feet long.

It might be easier if you inventory with photos what you have and post it here. Then we can help you figure out what you need.

Here are some photos of the rocker trim etc.

20190601_131902.jpg
20190601_131937.jpg
20190601_132024.jpg

There should be two on the fender (10 per side assuming the rear most are installed as the OE did it.)

There are screws on the leading and trailing brackets to keep them in and the seals you speak of are a top hat shaped piece of rubber that goes in the hole and on the "fingers" of the bracket. when you spread the fingers they wedge between the rubber and the body. I have a photo of a similar one but cant find it right now.
20190601_132111.jpg
20190601_132114.jpg

I did not have enough clips so I spaced them out you can see the hole in the body between the 2 in the photo and in front of the left most one
20190601_132117.jpg

I can not say if the last 3 are spaced correctly as that quarter was replaced in the 80s. (this photo would show 4 clips but the leading one under the door is not installed)
20190601_132120.jpg

Passenger side front end
104_1386.JPG

Passenger side rear end
104_1387.JPG

Profile (about 3-4 inches wide)
104_1671.JPG

I really would like them but can only find the slim ones
thanks again for all the info
Will take pictures tomorrow what i have so far.

Post a wanted add for 67 GT rocker molding. And use some of my photos.

I had a time trying to find a good driver's side but within 2 years I did.

If you know if a shop that can extrude metal like a continuous rain gutter you could have custom dies made. The trim is aluminium, and a relatively easy profile. The ends are cut at an angle and then rolled over. You might be able to have the profile milled out of flat stock with the back side relieved and attach with weatherstrip adhesive like modern trim is.

I looked at all these options ( even thought about 3D printing) but for me in the states they were cost prohibitive, you in Sweden some of those options might be cheaper than just the shipping costs.

All the trim is out there you just have to be patient. There were only about 3750 67 dart convertibles made. Of that I estimate about 1/2 still exist and of that a handful are being parted out or de chromed.

Luckly the 67 GT moldings are not convertible specific so there are many more potential doners. And lots of 67 darts have been dechromed.

Looking forward to the photos.

Here they are. Not mint condition but all i got so far. The white plasic clip looks same as the blue one of 42 pieses. The rusty one is i cant find. I think it is the 8 piece. Maybee for the end of the trim.
20191222_131539.jpg
20191222_131532.jpg
20191222_131526.jpg
20191222_131518.jpg
20191222_131510.jpg

That all look great. Your turn signals are awesome. Be carefully on the orange posts that the light holder attached to many brake off there.

The white plastic attachment part is what would come in the kit I posted the link to earlier. The one you have is broken. There should be a post around the hole which goes through the fender. There would also be a round o-ring on the same post. Through the hole and into the post a small round dowel is inserted that spreads the past after it goes through the fender locking it in place. Like a wall anchor

As for the metal ones with the stud on them if you feel the need to have them fab would be easy. Weld bolt to some flat stock cut to size .

Do you have the trim that goes around the opening for the convertible top? (Parts of it are reproduced)

There is also trim around the front of the hood, (reproduced if you need it.)

The trunk full badge and surrounding trim, not reproduced

tail light lenses and trim around them are reproduced

Post a bunch of photos of the whole car.
We can point out things you might not know you need.

Was the top installed and functional when you got the car?

Thanks again.
Yes the top is okey. May need some adjustment to be as new. Have the rest of the trim i think. Corners that suround the top is painted silver. Should be crome. Will take some fotos and post.

Corners that suround the top is painted silver. Should be crome
Those are the ones that are reproduced. Before you rechrome check the repo price might be cheaper.

If they are painted there might be good chrome under.

If you need specific photos of a part let me know

Turns out I have DNA from the Västra Bohuslän area, any where near you? Maybe we are related:lol:

Sweet that they are reproduced. Nothing to crome in sweden is cheap. Will check in to that.

How cool is that. Not that close from me but Sweden is not that big. You thinking about visit?

Hate to bring up such an old thread but out of curiosity, were you ever able to find your '67 Dart GT stainless rocker moldings? If not, I have some as well as several other random pieces of '67 GT trim that that I plan to round up and list for sale by the weekend. Just let me know if you’re interested, thanks.

Hate to bring up such an old thread but out of curiosity, were you ever able to find your '67 Dart GT stainless rocker moldings? If not, I have some as well as several other random pieces of '67 GT trim that that I plan to round up and list for sale by the weekend. Just let me know if you’re interested, thanks.

****. Sorry. To late?

-
Back