Dartin for Divorce

-
Tony came by this morning... he did a couple small adjustments on the idle mixture screws and the car is idling real nice. The throttle cable and kd cable are correctly adjusted. I'll throw the back seats back in and take the girls for a drive in a bit.

All is good here.

I asked if he was able to get the car to die went screwing in the idle mixture screws and he had never tried...they were about 1 turn out....So i just started on one of the rear and screw it in and back out 1/2 turn just to see where we were going...the idle speed picked up which told me it was rich...and proceeded to the same on the other 3...and the speed had picked up...and the stinky exhaust was gone...

but otherwise the Dentist had done a great job of getting the carb setup....I have a couple of A/F meters that i forgot about that we can further tune the carb in the future....but it idles and sounds crisp...and I did not get lunch...LOL
I wanted to get home and crash .....had a rough day yesterday and my old bones ache...

I asked if he was able to get the car to die went screwing in the idle mixture screws and he had never tried...they were about 1 turn out....So i just started on one of the rear and screw it in and back out 1/2 turn just to see where we were going...the idle speed picked up which told me it was rich...and proceeded to the same on the other 3...and the speed had picked up...and the stinky exhaust was gone...

but otherwise the Dentist had done a great job of getting the carb setup....I have a couple of A/F meters that i forgot about that we can further tune the carb in the future....but it idles and sounds crisp...and I did not get lunch...LOL
I wanted to get home and crash .....had a rough day yesterday and my old bones ache...

I'm the worst... we had fresh bacon cooked for breakfast too....

It's still running rich, so I'll mess with the idle screws in a bit... right now cleaning the garage. I changed the oil in the jeep yesterday.

Drove to Sam's Club...Garage cleaned and all the under car floor mats are washed off...

I messed with all the idle screws... got each idle screw lean enough to where it would want to die, then turned it out 1/8th or so from there. Then put the car in gear to see if it were to lean and die, which it wanted to do. So went around and unscrewed each idle screw just a tiny touch more... out the car in gear and it doesn't die.

Now to adjust up the final touches on the kd cable.

Also I need to mess with the door striker, I think its to far or to far out in the door mechanism preventing me from being able to lock the passenger side door. That is no good especially with how often I drive the car to the store and to school. My school is in a pretty shitty area of the city with lots of homeless people on drugs... its right across the street from the city hospital

Plugs look good...

20210216_143307.jpg

20210216_143315.jpg

I really like these plug wires, I have bought a few sets and they fit the engine nice.

Taylor Cable 51071 Taylor Street Thunder Spark Plug Wire Sets | Summit Racing

I've looked at these a couple of times... I can't do it... I really want red spark plug wires... I dont know why, I just think they will look good on my engine. I want to buy another type of spark plug wire seperators too. I've been looking at the "made for you wire seperators" or the "spectre 18483" seperator.

I'm still deciding so I havent bought anything.

My car still has a hard time starting when it's been sitting for a day or 2, like it's flooding.... so maybe the bowls need to go a touch down still.

Drove to school. Such a fun drive in this car... need to fix the bouncing speedo needle one day.

My brakes started "pulsing" as I was pressing on them getting off the freeway. That would be from a rotor that had a high or low spot, so they need turned, ill have the drums turned while I'm at it. That would also maybe be caused by my brakes always going soft after a month or so...

So I ordered a new mc and adapter plate. See if that fixes the problem, maybe internal leak in MC. If not I'll replace prop valve...

Fun times.

20210219_115605.jpg

Drove to school. Such a fun drive in this car... need to fix the bouncing speedo needle one day.

My brakes started "pulsing" as I was pressing on them getting off the freeway. That would be from a rotor that had a high or low spot, so they need turned, ill have the drums turned while I'm at it. That would also maybe be caused by my brakes always going soft after a month or so...

So I ordered a new mc and adapter plate. See if that fixes the problem, maybe internal leak in MC. If not I'll replace prop valve...

Fun times.

View attachment 1715694286
Still looks sharp though. :thumbsup:

Abra Kadabra... Poof new lines for the MC to prop valve... before you ask... yes it would have been cheaper to buy prebent lines for the mc to prop valve... because the tool is 22 bucks, I think im going to return it though.

37mm socket for the loop d loop and a 7/8 for the 90 degree turn to go into the MC. I got a new line bender but it didn't like making loop d loops and didn't make as tight of a turn for the 90 degree turn as I would like, so I improvised.

Now need to wait for the MC adapter plate to put it all in... then go to Tony's to bleed them after I bleed them once.

Oh I also took the file to the caliper mounting tabs to smooth them out and see if that helps with everything.

20210221_223040.jpg

20210221_151815.jpg

Got this today! Another thing I didn't need...its so cool though, and it's in very good shape... Just need a wood steering wheel to match it. Also I think it needs a center spring for the push button, the one from my chrome knob was a little big. Also it wasn't wanting to screw on very well, but that may be because I don't have a spring lol.

Still waiting on my adapter plate from DrDiff for my brake MC.

20210224_201522.jpg

20210224_201547.jpg

20210224_202444.jpg

Grommet is a little to big for the hole in the mc. Doesn't want to go in while attached to the rod or even when it's not on the rod.

20210225_182139.jpg

Grommet is a little to big for the hole in the mc. Doesn't want to go in while attached to the rod or even when it's not on the rod.

Is that really a grommet or an o-ring? I have a potload of o-rings in all kinds of sizes, I could possibly send you the one you need.

I've looked at these a couple of times... I can't do it... I really want red spark plug wires... I dont know why, I just think they will look good on my engine. I want to buy another type of spark plug wire seperators too. I've been looking at the "made for you wire seperators" or the "spectre 18483" seperator.

I'm still deciding so I havent bought anything.

My car still has a hard time starting when it's been sitting for a day or 2, like it's flooding.... so maybe the bowls need to go a touch down still.

Have you seen the R&M separators? I have a set of their "angled" ones for a small block and they're very functional and look good too.

Is that really a grommet or an o-ring? I have a potload of o-rings in all kinds of sizes, I could possibly send you the one you need.

It was a grommet... now it's a torn grommet. I have a good amount of orings. Tore the thicker one as well trying to get it in. Ended up using a thinner oring that I could double up. The rod is all secured in the MC now.

Is that the one that came from Dr. DIFF?

Yes its the adapter with grommet from DrDiff... the MC is not from DrDiff... its actually a 7/8 bore MC from a 90s dodge, have seen some guys on FABO run the 7/8 bore MC. I couldn't bring myself to pay 100 bucks for an MC from DrDiff...

I'll bench bleed the MC tomorrow. Was hoping to have it done today so I could drive the car to school tomorrow but life got in the way lol.

Edit- this is the MC I got Dorman M39736
15 bucks shipped to me off Amazon... it was an open box, gosh I love open box item prices on Amazon with free shipping.

Have you seen the R&M separators? I have a set of their "angled" ones for a small block and they're very functional and look good too.

Yes I've seen them but as of now I can't spend 70 bucks on wire seperators lol. I havent bought any yet as I've been getting all the brake stuff done. Oh and also I got that awesome shifter knob...

FB_IMG_1614294409616.jpg

I found that a 1/2" ODx 1/4"ID o-ring fits most of them. You usually need to put some silicone on them to get them to pop in.

I found that a 1/2" ODx 1/4"ID o-ring fits most of them. You usually need to put some silicone on them to get them to pop in.

I'm pretty sure you sent me orings for pushrod last time I got a new MC. The oring is just a tad thick for this MC and I tore one trying to get it in.

I dunno if I am Dartin for divorce, but mine is starting to raise an eyebrow because I have been spending alot lately on my "spare" 340 build. Things cost more than 15 years ago...:)

I dunno if I am Dartin for divorce, but mine is starting to raise an eyebrow because I have been spending alot lately on my "spare" 340 build. Things cost more than 15 years ago...:)

Yes the 340 is expensive, I'd love a spare motor to spend money on lol.. I spent a lot last year so until I start working I'm trying to take it slow.

Yes the 340 is expensive, I'd love a spare motor to spend money on lol.. I spent a lot last year so until I start working I'm trying to take it slow.
You should have seen her when I said "I need another car to put this engine in..." Rolling bodies are getting difficult to find. the last one I tyurned down, a 73 Duster . the kid wanted 5 grand, and it had frame rot on the LF frame rail. Alos didnt have much for an interior and that's a peeve of mine. if the interior is ratty I am like eh...anyway ,I offered him 3 he didnt bite. I am always looking.:0

Can I stop pumping this damn thing already lol...

I've pumped it probably 100 times tonight and my skinny *** arms are getting tired... Only a couple itty bitty air bubbles, but I think they are coming from the rubber lines slightly moving...

20210226_220147.jpg

-
Back