Direct Connection ( Mullen LA ) heads

-
They have a standard Oem casting number i believe 1974 & 1975
360 heads.

20200619_125232.jpg

It appears that they moved the pushrod hole and the offset of those Norris arms look W2ish... were T/As based on a standard casting ?

It appears that they moved the pushrod hole and the offset of those Norris arms look W2ish... were T/As based on a standard casting ?
Yes W2 shafts required I have some nice ones a member sales !
Those Norris rockers were previous owners he wouldn't sale so I have Bushed iron rockers and Blue Crane Mopar ones if offset is correct I will most likely run alum ones.

Yes W2 shafts required I have some nice ones a member sales !
Those Norris rockers were previous owners he wouldn't sale so I have Bushed iron rockers and Blue Crane Mopar ones if offset is correct I will most likely run alum ones.

20200513_222016.jpg

Not sure yet if retaining valves shown or going with smaller stem equipment once cyl head guy inspects them I will go foward with um !
They are original 1975 equipment and were pressure tested recently
Yep. Regular old smogger #974 heads. The ones I like and have the better exh port.
Oh and look.. Bob Mullen thought so too.lol

Last edited:
Yes
360 casting numbers on heads !
Those heads with a 1.94 intake valve easily do 250's bowl blended with a little short turn work. Exhaust around 200 and fat early in the lift. Havent taken them much past that... because that's already a great head at that level for most street strip motors

Those heads with a 1.94 intake valve easily do 250's bowl blended with a little short turn work. Exhaust around 200 and fat early in the lift. Havent taken them much past that... because that's already a great head at that level for most street strip motors
Thank you
Proud to own some Vintage
Direct Connection products.

Thank you
Proud to own some Vintage
Direct Connection products.
ultimately you never know with an old head like that that's been ported 'way back when' ,and for 'bracket racing' , how versatile they'll be. In other words ...the 'flow curve.' Bob was very smart, I've read as many books as I could find about/on his work. Keep in mind.. those were still the early days of port development...so regardless of flow.. you have an important piece of mopar history.
I'd be proud too.
Looking forward to the report ..

ultimately you never know with an old head like that that's been ported 'way back when' ,and for 'bracket racing' , how versatile they'll be. In other words ...the 'flow curve.' Bob was very smart, I've read as many books as I could find about/on his work. Keep in mind.. those were still the early days of port development...so regardless of flow.. you have an important piece of mopar history.
I'd be proud too.
Looking forward to the report ..
Exactly - regardless of final numbers etc they are unique and certainly have potential on my 333 CI motor.

Are you going to have to redrill that intake?
Im limited to a dual plane and didnt want some junk or used intake with issues so decided to buy the best modern one which is a Performer Rpm , dropped it off at Killians in Warner Robbins this past sat he is porting it and going to weld up all 4 inboard bolts on each side and redrill with W2 pattern.

I would like to see another picture of the intake pushrod passageway. looks like mopar did a simple thing here like they did with the ta heads - machine the heads for the intake pushrods wider. or not machine them and let the customer do it

I would like to see another picture of the intake pushrod passageway. looks like mopar did a simple thing here like they did with the ta heads - machine the heads for the intake pushrods wider. or not machine them and let the customer do it
Jo

IMG_5710_2.jpg

-
Back