Does anyone know what driveshaft I need for a 904 to 8.75 rear

-

1973Kathleen

Reaction score
I have a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport. I recently put a 8.75 rear in it and when I went to install the driveshaft it was too long. Does anyone know the size I need or have a link to purchase one the correct size. Thanks

Just have to figure out the centerline of your axles to the centerline of the U joint, and have your shaft shortened that amount of the difference. If the 8 3/4 has the big yoke you'll have to get a conversion u-joint.

Here is where I got my driveshaft.................... I have no affiliation with them, but the price was good, and great customer service. They had it done in a couple of days.

727 - 8 3/4 in 108 WB car is 45 1/2" Duster or Demon, Valiant 4 dr
904 or 4 spd - 8 3/4 in 108 WB car is 48 1/2" Duster or Demon, Valiant 4 dr

Add 3" for a 111 WB car such as Dart or Scamp

Measure it. There are several articles in the net about how to do so.

You might want to look at making a new one though? What horsepower are you now making and why the change? If it was a6 cyl shaft you may want a larger diameter too

A driveshaft shop can shorten it easily. They aren't near you but I use these guys. Super old school.

At least go to their site and use their forms to make proper measurements. Their forms are very good.

BTW - I am doing the exact same thing to my 73 duster next month. So if you wait I can share my results.

RGAZ

-
Back