Dr. Phil's House is for sale

-
we want to see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a ton of pictures but most are at home. It took me 3 Years to build it with the landscaping and all.

Here is one of the View and Pool from the BBQ. I will post some more tomorrow........

Attachments

• 10-8-2009 005.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 10-8-2009 091.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 410 Stroker 003.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 133
I have a ton of pictures but most are at home. It took me 3 Years to build it with the landscaping and all.

Here is one of the View and Pool from the BBQ. I will post some more tomorrow........

So far your place looks better than Dr.Phil's already.

I've lived in a 2 bdr cabin in big bear, the whole family.
I spent 10 yrs of my childhood in a 2400sqft house, it was plenty big for 4 people and it had a 1200sqft guest house out back, black smith shop,pool yadda yadda...and before that we lived in apt's and rentals, I don't see myself needing even that much house.
I have a spare room for my 'in house hiding' or dads spot and I have my lil cave attached to my car port.

You must have a fun time keeping up with the house/s and other buildings when it comes time to clean.

I would love a 3000sqft shop...TO WORK OUT OF...lol

I live in the same size house your mom does, I could maybe see utilizing another 500sqft but after that...i have nothing I would do with the rooms...unless I had a bunch of people come stay with me.

once you get over 6000sqft it becomes a mansion.

the one thing I would like in the future is a lot of land around my house to keep some distance between I & the neighbors.

I require less materialism in my life than some.
I guess I grew up different than you guys, thats diversity for you.

You know me a little bit by now Justin, I am not throwing anything in anyones face. I just know that if you have the means to attain it you would use it. I never ever thought I would live in a house like I have now. It was a dream of mine to have a big home and all the toys etc......I worked at it and it came true.

I came from nothing just so you know and worked my *** of for everything I have ever had, nothing was handed to me. My dad would never help me with anything, not even lunch money. I don't really care about $$ like most people think. The big house, cars and all the BS don't mean anything if your family life sucks. I put WAY more weight on that than anything.

My wife came from a VERY POOR upbringing. I mean really bad, I won't even get into it!!

My first apartment 22 years ago was about 500sq ft. My first house was 1480 sq ft. I worked my way up to this home that we have now. I was fortunate enough to make some good dough flipping houses and working Union as a Carpenter for 14years. I worked over 100 Hours a week for at least 3 years to start the process of where I am now. Then I opened up my own business and it flourished from there and I worked the same 80-100 hour week for well over the first 7 years of opening my business..

People don't realize that when you are making alot of $$ you need to spend it on something. Alot of good has come from the road I have been down. Walking into my business knowing what I put together is helping to feed Hundreds of people is a pretty good feeling, even though most of the time it is a PITA to deal with.

ohhh, and YES it is alot of work maintaining the property. I pay someone to do the outside but still there is alot to do. My wife cleans the whole house herself with my daughters. She does not want a house cleaner!

So far your place looks better than Dr.Phil's already.

I think it does but he has alot more $$ than most.
Our house has been featured in a few Photo Shoots. The kitchen is a Gourmet Cooks Dream, no BS. The thing about it is everything you see at my house, my wife and I designed down to the Details in the ceilings, landscaping etc. My wife picked all the colors and everything............

There is alot to look at. Fountains and it all has a theme. It was alot of work and a PITA for sure.

I fired my contractor at the end in the last 4 months and finished it all myself.

Wow I do like your place Mad Dart. But for me I need a big garage and a small house.

Here ya go.

alpinecabin.jpg

Hey maddart, how come a 3 board fence, not a four? Oak I hope under that paint.
Nice to see you actually use the place. One pic has a few clothes strewn around the couch. lol good for you!
Where are the house design/plans from?

:cheers:

Hey maddart, how come a 3 board fence, not a four? Oak I hope under that paint.
Nice to see you actually use the place. One pic has a few clothes strewn around the couch. lol good for you!
Where are the house design/plans from?

:cheers:

3 Rail PVC Fencing is what they use around here with Vinyl coated Chain Link.
Zero mantainence on that type of fence. Yes we use the place. My wife is very busy with the kids, if she knew I took those pictures with the clothes, pots and pans on the Stove she would get pissed at me for it!

The plans were custom from an architect in town. My wife and I spent about 4 months with him before we had a finished product and 40k. He did the grading plans and the house plans all the way to permit. It was a PITA cause at the time the City here was farming out alot of their work cause they were so busy. I use to go in and get plans signed off over the counter but not at that time. Today I could probably get that done though!

Wow I do like your place Mad Dart. But for me I need a big garage and a small house.

I hear ya. Next time that is what is going to happen. Probably around 3000sq ft house and a 4000sq ft Shop. This will be after the Kids are grown up and on their own.

Right now I have 4800 sq ft of Garage space between the two garages.

Tooooo much clutter for my liking.....and air conditioned workshop...that'd be the go!

You know me a little bit by now Justin, I am not throwing anything in anyones face. I just know that if you have the means to attain it you would use it. I never ever thought I would live in a house like I have now. It was a dream of mine to have a big home and all the toys etc......I worked at it and it came true.

I came from nothing just so you know and worked my *** of for everything I have ever had, nothing was handed to me. My dad would never help me with anything, not even lunch money. I don't really care about $$ like most people think. The big house, cars and all the BS don't mean anything if your family life sucks. I put WAY more weight on that than anything.

My wife came from a VERY POOR upbringing. I mean really bad, I won't even get into it!!

My first apartment 22 years ago was about 500sq ft. My first house was 1480 sq ft. I worked my way up to this home that we have now. I was fortunate enough to make some good dough flipping houses and working Union as a Carpenter for 14years. I worked over 100 Hours a week for at least 3 years to start the process of where I am now. Then I opened up my own business and it flourished from there and I worked the same 80-100 hour week for well over the first 7 years of opening my business..

People don't realize that when you are making alot of $$ you need to spend it on something. Alot of good has come from the road I have been down. Walking into my business knowing what I put together is helping to feed Hundreds of people is a pretty good feeling, even though most of the time it is a PITA to deal with.

ohhh, and YES it is alot of work maintaining the property. I pay someone to do the outside but still there is alot to do. My wife cleans the whole house herself with my daughters. She does not want a house cleaner!

I know you bro, you're not trying to trow anything anywhere, I know that...

we require different things in life and yes it's our right to make as much and buy as much as we like.

But lynard skynard said it best....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ_aTjXObs"]YouTube - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man[/ame]

good song,probably one of my favorite by them.what people want to spend their money on is their biz.my definition of "putting it to good use" may be very different than someone else.

and he tells us how to be :)

tell ya what give me 16 mull I am there:)

screw the job!

-
Back