Duct Tape To The Rescue

-
duct tape can fix any thing ! ............ well it cant fix a dumb *** but it can muffle the sound haha

The reason the shower head was originally mounted so low is because the room is set up to be "handicapped accessible" as evidenced by the number of grab bars in the shower. I'm pretty sure there were also grab bars behind and along side the commode, too. Right?

Usually counters are lower, and there is no cabinet under the sink so a wheel chair can be pulled up close to it.

When I stay at a hotel I hang the do not disturb sigh out on my door I don't want anyone
in my room while I am gone..... 1 inch of duck tape rolled inside out and placed in the door jam will let me know if anyone has entered :glasses7: it will roll as I shut it but when I open the door
for a test it will roll and un stick on one side, If I come back and the small rolled up duck tape has been rolled once already and some times even on the floor I know someone has entered.. :D

When I stay at a hotel I hang the do not disturb sigh out on my door I don't want anyone
in my room while I am gone..... 1 inch of duck tape rolled inside out and placed in the door jam will let me know if anyone has entered :glasses7: it will roll as I shut it but when I open the door
for a test it will roll and un stick on one side, If I come back and the small rolled up duck tape has been rolled once already and some times even on the floor I know someone has entered.. :D

Mike, leave the TV on when you leave the room. It will sound as if the room is occupied. I always leave it on something like ESPN.

Mike, leave the TV on when you leave the room. It will sound as if the room is occupied. I always leave it on something like ESPN.

I do to ocdart, Treva and I stayed in Morelton Arkansas when we went to Petit Jean MT, Tv was on espnII and the sign was on the door we came back from the MT. and my duck tape was moved above the door nob :evil:
I went to the front desk and asked why the H E double hockey sticks did some one enter my room :violent1: They said did I have the sign on the door :banghead: DA!!! Yes sir I did and someone entered!! and nothing was dun so why did someone enter my room!! He said he can look and see the last time my room was entered on the computer (I did not buy that) ... he asked is anything missing and I said no, but you need to find out who did!! I was at a supper 8. I still need to do something about it, I bet some one was caught and glad I was there just to load up my things I bout on the mountain and leave before check out time at 11 am.. A game cam on the wall would be a good investment...

Hey that worked. Good job.

Yes it did....I'm sure glad we brought duct tape along. Didn't think I'd need it for the hotel shower though. I was thinking more along the lines of emergency car repairs ROFL

What, and no in use pics! LMAO Good job "C". Red Green has nothing on you.

Jack

In use pics........Oh NO........Do you want your monitor to explode?? :tongue3: :)

duct tape can fix any thing ! ............ well it cant fix a dumb *** but it can muffle the sound haha

I'm tending to agree with 'ya Asa.....It sure came in handy LOL

The reason the shower head was originally mounted so low is because the room is set up to be "handicapped accessible" as evidenced by the number of grab bars in the shower. I'm pretty sure there were also grab bars behind and along side the commode, too. Right?

Usually counters are lower, and there is no cabinet under the sink so a wheel chair can be pulled up close to it.

Yes Frankie, I understand the room was handicapped accessible, but I've never seen a shower setup like that before @ a hotel. Why didn't they leave the showerhead at normal height with the removeable wand for people over 3' tall to take a shower.....:toothy10:

I'm just really glad we figured out a way to make it work. There's 1000 uses for duct tape.....now 1001 LOL

That's a good idea Mike if you don't want the staff in your room........Me, I just put a few things out of sight & let them freshen' it up. I've never had an issue with items being stolen though.

not just handicap but there a ppl like me who are just short ....I stayed at a hotel one time and I couldn't reach the shower head so I had to get out and get re-dressed and call someone to get it down for me. :protest::protest:

Because of Sues disabilities I request a handicap room when I make reservations or check in.

Have never seen one set up like that. Most are on slide bar adjustable for someone sitting or standing.

RANI you would think someone height challenged would figure out to reach things too high .............. LOL seen little girl get a chair to climb on the counter so she could open cabinet to get cereal out for breakfast

Yes Frankie, I understand the room was handicapped accessible, but I've never seen a shower setup like that before @ a hotel. Why didn't they leave the showerhead at normal height with the removeable wand for people over 3' tall to take a shower.....:toothy10:

I'm just really glad we figured out a way to make it work. There's 1000 uses for duct tape.....now 1001 LOL

That's a good idea Mike if you don't want the staff in your room........Me, I just put a few things out of sight & let them freshen' it up. I've never had an issue with items being stolen though.

A couple years ago, someone at a hotel in Mobile swiped my sunglasses...I didn't realize it right away, because they left the (empty) case on the dresser when they did. They are no use to whoever stole them...but I'm out about $250. (They are prescription sunglasses.)

not just handicap but there a ppl like me who are just short ....I stayed at a hotel one time and I couldn't reach the shower head so I had to get out and get re-dressed and call someone to get it down for me. :protest::protest:

How short ARE you?! My mother is 4'11", her mother was 4'10", my wife's best friend is 4'5", and they have never had that problem.

RANI you would think someone height challenged would figure out to reach things too high .............. LOL seen little girl get a chair to climb on the counter so she could open cabinet to get cereal out for breakfast

well the tub area was wet and hard to get a solid footing to climb up and I didn't want to risk falling down...at home I would have but a hotel is not my idea of a good place to get hurt. plus they should have addressed the problem themselves .......I mean that shower head was ridiculously high.

How short ARE you?! My mother is 4'11", her mother was 4'10", my wife's best friend is 4'5", and they have never had that problem.

almost 4'10" :pirate:

That is an awesome idea Mike.....

Nice duct tape usage C!!!!!

well the tub area was wet and hard to get a solid footing to climb up and I didn't want to risk falling down...

almost 4'10" :pirate:

If you ever need any help reaching things in your shower, just give me a call, Rani. Glad to help.... :D

We can wrap Asa in duct tape and turn him into a gray worm... Mmmfmmm.... :mrgreen:

Where did you go C!!? You weren't picking up another lost Mopar were you! By the way I love the handy work on the shower!

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!

The duct tape was GOLDEN this time :colors:

Have never seen one set up like that. Most are on slide bar adjustable for someone sitting or standing.

Yep.....that's how I've seen them before too. I couldn't believe what I was looking at & I NEEDED a shower :snorting: LOL

A couple years ago, someone at a hotel in Mobile swiped my sunglasses...I didn't realize it right away, because they left the (empty) case on the dresser when they did. They are no use to whoever stole them...but I'm out about $250. (They are prescription sunglasses.)

That sucks to hear Jarlaxle.....I hate thieves & hope you reported the theft to the hotel management :violent1:

Way to go with the duct tape, and remember,,,,,, if you can't be handsome, , at least be handy

I've never been called handsome, but I am kinda handy :)

-
Back