Dumb Autozone employee

-
That's funny. I wonder if Oreilly has that on there as a joke, or if someone hacked the site and put it up.

When I was at Midas our manager knew s***, but he could sell what we told him to sell. It was a long year for me, covering three other guys seven weeks of vacation combined and I was looking forward to vacation myself, taking it between Christmas and New Years. The corporate suits thought a full day on Christmas Eve was needed. Which was fine by me. My day off was the day before Christmas Eve, so my district gave me an extra day (with pay!) to give me a pat on the back and let me start vacation early.

Knowing my boss was a dumba** and that work would be slow I put Oscar Meyer on the schedule for Christmas Eve with a fake phone number. Oscar was bringing in his '95 Wiener Mobile for a full service work up. Rotating the rotors, repacking the muffler bearings, changing the summer air to winter air in the tires, changing the flasher fluid, etc.

When I got back to work I was greeted with a bunch of laughs. Seems that work was so slow that the boss was in the process of attempting to call good ol' Oscar to see if he was gonna make his appointment. :-D

LMAO. that cracked me up

i bet its a joke just like the original post on this thread...
both made me laugh though.

i was a parts guy for autozone and i am NOT offended one bit. people should know better. I actually got crank called at my store with the same flux capacitor question. I played along and corrected him that the delorean hadn't been made since '82 and the flux capacitor hadn't been made since 1985. also that you could only find them online and will pay upwards of $300 for one. but good luck and i hope you find your part. the caller seemed stumped, said thanks and hung up.

Uhm, in all fairness I don't think a flux capacitor was original equipment on a Delorian (sic).
So that would present a problem with the system.
Doofy is as doofy does.

one day my friend tim and i were feeling creative, he grabbed one of his small vid cams and we went to auto zone, camera hidden in his coat, i walked up to the counter and the doofy looking kid behind the counter asked if he could help me, i told him i needed parts to my car, he asked what kind, i told him that it was a 1986 delorian, he typed it into the pc and asked what part i needed, i told him i needed a flux capacitor, and the kid still oblivious looked it up and asked me what size i needed!! I told him 1.21 gigawatts, he typed it in.. And told me that it would take 2 weeks to ship to the store!! Im busting up laughing at this point and the kid doesnt understand why... So i said nevermind i need one today so i can go back to 2045 and he still didnt get it so i left and wonder how that store is open when it hires people who know nothing about cars!!
as an autozone employee...that was totally ignorant of you to do that..everyone in the world is entitled to a job in which they can learn and grow as long as they meet the requirements,,thats why there is the eeoc..you had a job you started in right??

Most of the Autozone employees I have ran in to are substandard and can't do anything without their computer. They aren't intelligent enough to use a catalog.

I have said this many times Autozone is the last parts store you will find me in.

as an autozone employee...that was totally ignorant of you to do that..everyone in the world is entitled to a job in which they can learn and grow as long as they meet the requirements,,thats why there is the eeoc..you had a job you started in right??

I agree with superdart on this, I have an advanced that is real close to my house, buy alot of parts there.
I dont mind helping a new kid out, most new hires are polite, and I know what fits and what will not when I go in there, plus they give me 10% off.

On the flip side, there is a Napa in town, old school store, most of the guys are 40 + in age.
It still has the counter racks with paper catalogues in it.
These guys are great, can give you a part for cars made in the 20's, sometimes without even looking in the book.

most of the autozone employees i have ran in to are substandard and can't do anything without their computer. They aren't intelligent enough to use a catalog.

I have said this many times autozone is the last parts store you will find me in.
thats awesome..thanks for following my post i feel special..

thats awesome..thanks for following my post i feel special..

You need not to feel special at all. That is the first time I had read or posted to this thread. I was really pretty lenient on my comment today but I haven't been dealing with them either. They lost over a $10K a year customer over being idiots. My bud at the salvage dumped them too for not being smart enough to get the right parts and that was over a $40K yearly loss.

That is just like some of the bs that our Autozone people would come up with. Friggen Idiots.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=244371&highlight=autozone

Did you call AutoZone here in Stillwater? That sounds like their answer even after you tell them the make, model, year and engine size. I hate AZ here.

I would love for you to call their regional manager too.

AutoZone
Store Number 509
1007 E 6th Ave Stillwater, OK 74074
(405) 743-1044

I am not talking about retrofit parts here either when I tell you they can't even match a part laying on the counter. I am talking common parts used on a 1996 Ford Taurus OHV EFI (Vulcan engine) VIN U, 1997 C-1500 5.7 VIN R 2 wheel drive and such cars. On one occasion they gave out a big bolt rotor for 2005 Malibu Classic because they looked up a New style 2005 Malibu and once again the old rotor was in front of their face on the counter. There were two decent parts people there when I quit using them, Mike and Taco but the rest I dealt with were horrible. I do buy quite a few parts and their total take in the last year plus has been a quart of oil for my lawnmower. Anyone can make a mistake and I accept that but our AutoZone is way past over the top when making mistakes.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=237449&highlight=autozone

There are others too.

The closest I came to something similar was when I ordered a radiator from "Parts Train". The young man pronounced "Plymouth" as follows ; "ply" as in plywood and "mouth" as in mouthwash.

I'm not a native angophone, but even I can do better..

Your comment is null, sir.

There has to be some good parts people at Autozone but so far I haven't personally met any. Maybe the good ones have to work a good parts house?
It's not the statement, it's the person it came from. He's gave us all two good reason as of late to hold no respect for him.

I'm out, peace.:happy2:

Roflmao! As a former az employee, I was a thinking the same thing. I think all parts stores need to lose the computers and do it the good old fashioned way...

I can't agree with that because it would make things slower and warranties harder to keep track of. I do think all parts stores should have paper catalogs and all the employees be trained on how to use them because some things are not in the computer but are available if you know the part number.

I can't agree with that because it would make things slower and warranties harder to keep track of. I do think all parts stores should have paper catalogs and all the employees be trained on how to use them because some things are not in the computer but are available if you know the part number.
Edit: overpost

Certainly didn't hurt customer service 10-20yrs ago. Although, we didn't have to warranty parts out every 6mos then either. If people would learn how to keep their receipts, warranties wouldn't be an issue...

-
Back