E-brake under dash hook-up. NEED HELP PLS.

-

Brian c

Reaction score
1973 dodge dart sport. I had my engine bay painted and the guy who sprayed the car got the ebrake cable out of his way. I went to hook it up but feel like im missing something. The cable comes through the firewall then goes to the brakes arm that has a pin that goes through it to pull the cable. The part that im not sure about is the cable housing holder. There has to be something to secure the housing of the cable so when you pull the brake the whole thing doesnt move? Im just not sure what that holder looks like...does anyone have any info or a pic of what im looking for?

Ask the painter what he did with the clamp. Maybe he put it in the glove box or ash tray.

JUST finished re-installing mine tonight. Here's a pic, hope it helps. My dash is not in yet so the brake arm is still hanging down but you can see how the cable clamps down, I think...

Attachments

• IMG_20140303_193332_124.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 150
here's another shot.

I should add that mine is a '67 Cuda but I assume they are the same or similar. Sorry if I am wrong about that!

Attachments

• IMG_20140303_193941_356.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 126
here's another shot.

I should add that mine is a '67 Cuda but I assume they are the same or similar. Sorry if I am wrong about that!

yes that helps a ton! is there a nut on the other side of that bolt or does it screw into the other side of a bracket?

yes that helps a ton! is there a nut on the other side of that bolt or does it screw into the other side of a bracket?

Mine has a separate nut on the other side. The bracket kind of twists into the slotted hole then lays over the cable.

-
Back