Ebay GT45 + 5.9 Magnum + E85 blow thru

-
This it what I tell my customers on E85 over 400whp .
If you have one of the 3 crap filters on the bottom, I've had countless of issues with them clogging and dropping fuel pressure

upload_2018-2-24_12-26-58.png

Could be, but the fittech is reading a good fuel flow
What?? Its BS. Certainly Not if the Fuel pressure is dropping under Boost at WOT.

The gauge could be very inaccurate but registering a falling PSI, whatever that value is, is typically a fuel supply issue

Last edited:
The FiTEC has NO WAY of directly measuring "fuel flow". Those values are just calculated. Its what the Fitech THINKS its injectors are spitting out,,,,IF the fuel pressure was correct,,,,which it is NOT.

I'm not trying to argue, I have little experience with tuning fuel injection, first time with a predator on my srt4 with apexi neo as well.

I'm not trying to argue, I have little experience with tuning fuel injection, first time with a predator on my srt4 with apexi neo as well.

I know. I saw it too. But that value isn't real. Its just calculated. It wouldn't change if the fuel pressure was 100psi or 10psi,,,,Now A/F sure as hell would change but that "fuel flow" value would not.

If you still have your SRT-4 and predator, its the same too. The Srt-4 has dozens of "Fuel Flow" PIDs you can log but none of them are based off a measurement of any fuel system related component. {i tune hundreds of Srt-4 a year. let me know if you need a tune}

Thanks again for all of the input guys.
I hooked up my analog fuel pressure gauge and went for a spin. Same issue. Dropping pressure. It's not the gauge.

To myduster360s point, I do have one of those crappy (bottom of the pic) filters after the regulator. I took apart both my prepump and post regulator filter and cleaned them. I guess an easy test would be to remove the little filter element from the post pump filter and test....and hope the injectors don't get clogged.

I guess an easy test would be to remove the little filter element from the post pump filter and test....and hope the injectors don't get clogged.

That's what i was going to suggest. Just Keep it short and put it right back in when you're done testing fp

@myduster360 - What's your experience with these 044 type in-line pumps as far as proximity to the gas tank? Mine is on the frame in front of the rear driver's side wheel. It seems to pull just fine but I wonder if it would help to move it closer to the gas tank? It never seems to starve for fuel except when the tank is low and I stop real quick and all the gas sloshes to the front.

The REAL Bosch 044 isn't E85 safe so it doesn't last long and there's are tons of fakes, counterfeits and low quality copies. Noone I tune uses it anymore. The Walbro 450s are a significant upgrade but its an in-take pump.

For any external pump, you need to keep the pump's inlet BELOW the lowest part of the tank. Besides that, just be sure not to restrict its INLET with a too small of a filter.

Myduster360 I sold off my srt4 a long time ago, miss that car, had alot done to it, but now I have my 67 dart twin turbo in working on with the MS3X system. But thank you for the offer, unless you know MS3 lol. I have two of the real bosch 044 pump for my set up but not running e85.

The REAL Bosch 044 isn't E85 safe so it doesn't last long and there's are tons of fakes, counterfeits and low quality copies. Noone I tune uses it anymore. The Walbro 450s are a significant upgrade but its an in-take pump.

For any external pump, you need to keep the pump's inlet BELOW the lowest part of the tank. Besides that, just be sure not to restrict its INLET with a too small of a filter.
Thanks. I'm using the AEM 400lph that is E85/E90 compatible. Removed the after pump filter element and I'm still dropping pressure. I'm stumped. Maybe my Aeromotive boost ref regulator? I'll try a diff battery also.

I'm still dropping pressure. I'm stumped. Maybe my Aeromotive boost ref regulator? I'll try a diff battery also.

What about the filter between the sump and the pump?

Where's the boost ref line connected?
Is there anything connected with it? such as Boost controller?

Can you manually force the regulator to say 60-70psi and have it hold? or did you do that already?

What about the filter between the sump and the pump?

Where's the boost ref line connected?
Is there anything connected with it? such as Boost controller?

Can you manually force the regulator to say 60-70psi and have it hold? or did you do that already?
Checked and cleaned the other filter, it looks good. Boost ref line comes from the hat and I tested it already. While idling and adding compressed air, fuel psi climbs and holds.

I'm tempted to throw my old Walbro 255 back on and test. Thanks again.

While idling and adding compressed air, fuel psi climbs and holds.

Doesn't matter so much what it does at idle because fuel demand is minimal then. Crank it up and see if it holds under boost, where fuel demand is its highest AND where you're having the issues.

You'll be bypassing the diaphragm/boost line function by cranking it up manually and eliminating 1 more variable.

Last edited:
Earlier today I had increased the base from 58 to 62 to see what happens but it still drops under boost. I could crank it up even higher and test. I think it will go to ~80psi at the regulator.

It should be enough pump, considering what they advertise for both types of pumps. Wonder if the injectors are big enough for the e85 to flow, I know it takes alot more flow on e85 to make power. Id see if you can find out the cc of the injectors. I know a friend when he did the conversion on his srt4 he jumped his Injectors up to 1000+cc

Last edited:
Just looked at their site and fitech is good for 580hp on e85. Try using regular gas and see if it does the same.

Just looked at their site and fitech is good for 580hp on e85. Try using regular gas and see if it does the same.
I have the 1200HP model. So 1200 - 30% loss for E85 is my total potential.

Sorry looked at the wrong one lol but isn't that with out boost added but even still you should be good on support from your pump and the fitech.

-
Back