Ebay is a crock of crap!

-
insist on payment by
UNITED STATES POST OFFICE MONEY ORDER
when you get the money order take it and the item to ANY united states post office and they will verify it's authenticity AND cash it on the spot, this way you have CASH IN HAND before you ship them anything, no paypal BS
(ok it doesnt work as well for cars, just smaller things)

That is great if you are the SELLER... It sucks if you are the BUYER... The buyer sends a postal money order to the seller, the seller, hopefully is legit and is who he says he is and lives where he says he lives, if not the BUYER is just, sol. I know you can file a claim with the postal service but I hope you are young. With paypal and a credit card your recourse is pretty dam quick and you don't lose you cash. JMHO Once the MO is mailed so is your money.

i go on eBay every few days to search out NOS parts for my demon. the new search system sucks. type in 71 demon and it comes up with 3000+ auctions for napa parts and bulk screw kits. i used to sell a ton of stuff there but you pretty much give them 10% of the auction when the smoke clears (on stuff under $200) greedbay, i will just drop the price 10% and sell on the mopar sites.

It's gotten worse, Chris. eBay's final vales fees are 9-11%. That doesn't include listing fees, and PayPal fees. You can easily drop 15% off the top on items you sell now.

That is great if you are the SELLER... It sucks if you are the BUYER... The buyer sends a postal money order to the seller, the seller, hopefully is legit and is who he says he is and lives where he says he lives, if not the BUYER is just, sol. I know you can file a claim with the postal service but I hope you are young. With paypal and a credit card your recourse is pretty dam quick and you don't lose you cash. JMHO Once the MO is mailed so is your money.

I know plenty of buyers who got screwed by paypal the nice thing about money orders from a buyers perspective is the seller HAS TO give you a REAL ADDRESS in order for you to mail them the M.O. so if they screw you YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE! and paybacks are a *****! (of course if they are on the other side of the country this could be a problem) so yes it is more for the seller than the buyer, I still use them for both (I dont trust paypal)

the paypal scam works like this
you buy an item and use paypal
the seller takes his time with shipping but stays in contact
you eventually receive the package but it is not correct (wrong size wrong color wrong item) the seller apologizes for the mistake and promises to correct it immediately you sent back the incorrect item and never receive the correct one so you contact the seller who says they will check into it eventually you file a claim with paypal who tell you sorry your to late time has run out for you to file a claim seller keeps your money you get nothing but a headache

If paypal is so f**cked up it wont last. I hope. Think I' will no longer accept paypal..m/o only.

paypal will be around forever people like the convenience and it works just fine 98% of the time, anytime you send sensitive information via computer SS number, bank transaction, credit card, you risk being hacked and having it stolen along with your identity

PayPal is WAY better to deal with since eBay acquired them. Plus several states have sued them, and they've started behaving better. I don't think that they are any worse than any other national bank or credit card company. They're all out to screw you.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so, ebay gave me a credit for the listing fees, and the selling fees.

so, i relisted it again..................

now, i jump on to see if there was any bids............... sure, someone joined ebay today, hit buy it now, and sent me the same scam shipping bullshit message that the first one did. now ebay is telling me that i am beat for the listing fees gnmornhjgtokdnfbgiortnjgnodfngjnbBAGS!

once again there is NO POSSIBLE WAY YOU CAN LOSE

I'm not going to argue the point with you. Somewhere, someone is sitting around inventing ways to screw people using USPS money orders. Just cause you haven't been screwed yet, doesn't mean it can't or won't happen!!!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so, ebay gave me a credit for the listing fees, and the selling fees.

so, i relisted it again..................

now, i jump on to see if there was any bids............... sure, someone joined ebay today, hit buy it now, and sent me the same scam shipping bullshit message that the first one did. now ebay is telling me that i am beat for the listing fees gnmornhjgtokdnfbgiortnjgnodfngjnbBAGS!

Did you check the box that would not allow people without a PayPal account to bid? It's really the only way to try to avoid having this happen over and over.

yea. i did this time. but never had to before.lol

I'm not going to argue the point with you. Somewhere, someone is sitting around inventing ways to screw people using USPS money orders. Just cause you haven't been screwed yet, doesn't mean it can't or won't happen!!!

the post office has been doing this for a really REALLY long time and has it down pat they even have there own investigation and enforcement branch to deal with fraud believe me there is nothing you or anyone else can come up with that they haven't thought of and dealt with already the only way you can get screwed is if you try and deposit a counterfeit M O in the bank but that would just be careless

-
Back