ebay madness. Cannot leave bad FB

-

mitch340Duster

Reaction score
Just an FYI. I just learned the hard way that a seller cannot leave negative FB for a deadbeat bidder. Unbelievable. I sold an item, never heard from the idiot, sent several reminders.
I opened a 'non-paying bidder' case against the db, at which time the opportunity to leave negative FB disappeared (or maybe it was never there to begin with since he didn't pay?).
All I could do was leave positive FB or "leave FB later". then after I closed the case to get my final value refund, all opportunity to leave FB disappeared.
The rear-end hole non-payer gets away with the whole thing. Apparently the only thing you can do is check the "positive" button, then hammer the guy in the comments field, but I'm also told that then the deadbeat can dispute it by claiming that you clicked the wrong button.
There's no way to complain to the clueless 20-somethings that run the company so I might as well complain to you guys and wonder if anyone else chimes-in about it.

The ability for a seller to leave negative feedback was eliminated a couple years ago.

If you leave negative comments in the feedback all he has to do is complain and eBay will remove them.

Welcome to the New and UN-Improved eBay.

That sucks, but it is understandable in many cases. I bought many items on eBay, but most sellers won't leave feedback for the buyer until the buyer has given the seller feedback. That is blackmail IMHO. I pay usually within the hour, so why would a seller not give good feedback just for that?

I got burned by one a$$hole who sold me a rebuilt Carter carb (fuzzy photos) but it was merely spray painted to look new (it was locked up tighter than tight). Before I posted negative feedback, I checked his recent FB from others and saw a distinct pattern of him posting negative feedbacks for any buyer who said his description didn't match the item shipped. I should have checked his FB before buying, of course! He refused to leave my FB until after I gave it to him. I ended up not posting FB so I could keep my perfect score.

eBays system sucks, but how could it be improved? There are too many jerks selling stuff out there to be able to police them all.

Ebay...another one of the many things in life that "used to be good but sucks now".
This was the second of a 1-2 punch for me this month. I agree with you about how sellers should leave FB when item is paid-for but that's only in the legendary perfect world. The first punch was I sold a tool to some Ford idiot and the item was listed only by part number. Nothing else. I DID leave him +FB as soon as he paid since "what can go wrong?". He gets it, then pisses and moans that the tool does not fit his engine, states that I should have listed all of the applications that the tool fits, then gives me my 1st negative FB ever after hundreds of deals. I even offered to give the moron a refund. I also recently sold a dozen or so items, all perfectly described and shipped immediately as-always and the only FB buyers bothered to leave was the negative I just mentioned and 1 positive out of 12 sales.
It's just no fun anymore

Ebay...another one of the many things in life that "used to be good but sucks now".
This was the second of a 1-2 punch for me this month. I agree with you about how sellers should leave FB when item is paid-for but that's only in the legendary perfect world. The first punch was I sold a tool to some Ford idiot and the item was listed only by part number. Nothing else. I DID leave him +FB as soon as he paid since "what can go wrong?". He gets it, then pisses and moans that the tool does not fit his engine, states that I should have listed all of the applications that the tool fits, then gives me my 1st negative FB ever after hundreds of deals. I even offered to give the moron a refund. I also recently sold a dozen or so items, all perfectly described and shipped immediately as-always and the only FB buyers bothered to leave was the negative I just mentioned and 1 positive out of 12 sales.
It's just no fun anymore

I quit selling on eBay in 2002 when eBay Motors was first launched. They have continued to un-improve it every since then. I really need to unload some stuff but every time I read one of these threads I figure I don't need the headaches.

Thanks guys for the eye opening. I've never bought from ebay and never sold anything. I think I probably never will now. I don't need that crapola

I sell lots of stuff on Ebay. I don't leave a positive feedback, till the customer is happy and leaves me one. Out of 5 items I sell, I get 1 positive, so I won't leave any one something till they leave me one.I work hard for them (I have 440 all positive feedbacks). If they are not kind enough to leave me a feedback, after I bust my butt for them,to pack it nice, and ship it ASAP, then I am not doing them the favor either.I have sold stuff, and sent them double items, and even extra stuff, and don't even get a thanks.I have tried it both ways and this works best for me.
As for Ebay, it bugs me in so many ways, even after all the costs of about 17% (including making money off the shipping) It is still good, because I sell so many things that would just sit around, and nobody would buy local.Also, I find everything I want on there, including the Valiant I have, and all the parts I used to build it.
But we will see how they treat us in the future. Others have started similar sights, but they are not as good.
I do agree, dead beats get away with lots of stuff. It is to the point of picking the person with the least negative to buy from.That is sad. And worse yet, they are rated really high, because they sell so much and have so many positive feedbacks.You figure some may miss the mark a few times, but 30 in 1 month and 15 more neutral to me is bad, no matter how much you sell!

-
Back